In most cases of hemorrhoids begins imperceptibly. The disease is very "leisurely" transition from one stage to another disease may take months or even years, however, it is inevitable. Modern medicine recognizes four basic stages to the flow of hemorrhoids.
So, what are the stages of hemorrhoids and how they differ:
- Stage first — internal hemorrhoids. At this stage of the disease symptoms are minimal, and sometimes illness can and does take place secretly, without any external manifestations. Usually, if a patient something and are concerned, the more often it is itching around the anus or discomfort during a bowel movement. Quite often the first stage of hemorrhoids detected by chance, when referring to the hospital for other reasons. To diagnose the disease at this stage is almost impossible, it can make a doctor. Treatment Hemorrhoids are usually the first stage is successful, apply conservative therapy or methods such as photocoagulation and sclerotherapy.
- On second stage manifestations of the disease are more explicit in nature, such as — itching or burning sensation in the anus, is a clear link pain with defecation and fairly frequent bleeding, which almost never happens in the first stage of hemorrhoids. It is worth noting a rather important symptom — prolapsed hemorrhoids during bowel movements. These symptoms are pretty clear evidence of the disease and require timely access to a doctor for treatment assignment. The doctor may prescribe conservative treatment, ligation, sclerotherapy or combined treatment.
- External Hemorrhoids — this third stage of the disease. First, it is characterized by loss of hemorrhoids even without a bowel movement, such as heavy lifting or other physical activities, in contrast to the second-stage units are not drawn independently and require manual reduction. Advanced nodes quite easily determined visually and to the touch, at the examination. Current treatment stage of the disease is already present some difficulties, however preferred surgical techniques, it may be resected nodes ligation or combination therapy, using methods as conservative and operational. It is important to remember that at this stage of the disease, independent reduction of nodes can lead to complications, so the visit to a doctor is a must!
- Fourth stage of the disease — acute hemorrhoids This stage is the aggravation of the process that was leaking before the chronically. An important difference is that the nodes do not reduce a, and if they can not straighten them, then they fall out again almost immediately. At the fourth stage disease complicated by thrombosis can therefore shown in the first or the combined surgical treatment. Self-treatment at this stage is absolutely contraindicated!
What is the treatment of hemorrhoids?
During the years of proctology was invented many methods of treatment of this disease, however, is now used only a limited number of methods. All methods can be divided into conservative and operative. Let us consider each of these in more detail.
Photocoagulation — This method applies to the operational methods of treatment of hemorrhoids, although a scalpel and not used for hemorrhoids affect a focused beam of heat (infrared) radiation, thus stops the bleeding. Photocoagulation is used mainly in the early stages of disease or in the treatment of 3-4 stages.
Sclerotherapy — does not apply all stages of the disease, except the fourth. The method is similar to the treatment of varicose veins in the legs — in the hemorrhoidal veins entered a special ingredient — sklerozant — which contributes to their "bonding" and, as a result, stop the bleeding. The important thing is that acute hemorrhoids is a contraindication to sclerotherapy.
Latex ligation — This method can be used in patients with the second and third stages. The essence of the manipulation is that hemorrhoid "clamped" during the procedure, and after 12-14 days simply rejected. Currently used assemblies for ligation latex rings are completely inert to body tissues.
Suture ligation — despite the similar names, the method described above with little to do. Suture ligation is flashing arteries that provide blood flow to the hemorrhoidal nodes under ultrasound guidance using a special arthroscope. Minimally invasive procedure and is applied for 2-3 stages of the disease.
Mucosal resection method Longo — the removal of the rectal mucosa above the haemorrhoid, followed by suturing the resulting defect. As a result of the procedure, the node as if "pulled" up, and its blood supply is significantly reduced. Longo method is mainly used in the third stage of hemorrhoids.
Hemorrhoidectomy — modern gold standard in the treatment of acute hemorrhoids. The essence of manipulation is surgical removal of the hemorrhoid and suturing of the defect rectal mucosa, which is generated after that. Hemorrhoidectomy is used in the fourth stage of the disease and has a fairly strict indications and contraindications, the decision to have surgery should take only a highly qualified physician.
As for the treatment of hemorrhoids konservatinyh, at the present time they are all based on the "three pillars" — analgesic, anti-inflammatory and thrombolytic (prevents thrombosis) effects. Drugs used for the treatment of hemorrhoids include one or two component, which was not effective. Modern drugs such as "Ultraprokt" "Prokto-Glyvenol" "Gepazolon" and others, have all the properties mentioned above, whereby sufficiently effective in treating hemorrhoids or the initial stages of combination therapy.
Feature rectal suppository "Gepazolon" in that they contain the three basic active substances:
- heparin, which prevents the formation of blood clots (this is one of the major complications of hemorrhoids);
- Lidocaine, having a good local anesthetic effect;
- prednisolone, removing manifestations such as itching, burning, expressed thanks to anti-allergic effect.
Complex action of these components allows for their preparations not only in the treatment of hemorrhoids, as such, but also in diseases such as fistula in the anal area, eczema (itching that can occur in the perianal region), as well as in combination therapy in pre-and postoperative periods.
Of course, as with any medication they have certain contraindications and side effects, so before applying you should consult with your doctor.