Hepatitis D — it disease liver caused by hepatitis B virus
Infection usually occurs when blood transfusions through syringes for drug addicts. Possible sexual transmission, as well as getting the virus from mother to fetus. All persons infected with hepatitis B virus susceptible to hepatitis D.
Situations in which infection occurs most often:
- Transfusion of blood. Worldwide, an average of 0,
01-2% Of donors are carriers of hepatitis viruses, so now the donor blood before transfusion recipient is examined for the presence of hepatitis viruses. The risk of infection is increased in patients who require repeated transfusions of blood or blood products.
- Using a needle different people greatly increases the risk of contracting hepatitis B and D.
- Viruses B, C, D, G can be transmitted through sexual contact. Most often sexually transmitted hepatitis B.
- The path of infection from mother to child (doctors call it a "vertical") is observed less frequently. The risk increases if the woman has an active form of the virus or the last months of pregnancy suffered a sharp hepatitis. The probability of infection of the fetus increases dramatically if the mother, except hepatitis B virus, has
HIV infection.With the mother's milk hepatitis is transmitted.
- Hepatitis viruses B and D are transmitted by tattooing, acupuncture, ear piercing non-sterile needles.
In 40% of cases the source of infection remains unknown.
Not infrequently contamination hepatitis viruses B and D are at the same time. From the moment of infection until the disease passes, as with hepatitis B 1,
Diagnosis and treatment
Diagnosis and treatment of acute hepatitis B and D is engaged
The main criteria for diagnosis are laboratory values: specific markers of hepatitis viruses, changes in blood chemistry.
Treatment of acute hepatitis D should be performed in a hospital. It requires a complex approach and depends on the stage and severity of the disease. In hepatitis D used the same preparations as for hepatitis B in particular,
Acute hepatitis D may end up like his recovery and the transition to the chronic form. Subject to medical recommendations concerning the work and rest, nutrition,