In the fall of a variety of vegetables scatter eyes. I want to cook something special?
Note the interesting «tops» and «roots»!
You have never tried radichchio with spaghetti and beets as a filling for a sweet cake? It’s time to catch up! Fortunately now in the markets of «home» vegetables and herbs presented in abundance. But apart from the usual plants, without which it can not do any decent meal (such as carrots), we advise to put the eyes and less common in our latitudes, such as spinach, Swiss chard, fennel and radichchio. Feel free to add them to your culinary «basket» and experiment — the result will not disappoint you!
Leaves of the classic spinach eaten raw, boiled or blanched. After the heat treatment, they are more delicate. Before cooking with spinach leaves with veins is better to remove.
Pleasant anise flavor and a sweet taste has a vegetable fennel. It is placed in salads and fillings, and also used for sauces.
Cooks with experience pay tribute to exquisite taste chard — «relative» beet. In vegetables rich in vitamins, protein, phosphorus and potassium. Incidentally, chard is not only tasty and useful: its bright-green leaves with red veins — a real decoration of the garden.
Radichchio — krasnolistnyh grade chicory with white veins. It has a bitter nutty flavor, which gives the dish a special piquancy. Radichchio put in salads, grilled or fried in a pan. Even after heat treatment it retains an attractive coloring.
Chocolate cake with beetroot and walnuts
On 8 servings
400 g of beet, 80 g of dark chocolate, 150 g flour 1 teaspoon baking powder, 50 g of ground almonds, 120 ml of vegetable oil, 1 table spoon of cocoa powder, 3 eggs 1/2 teaspoon salt, 200 g of brown sugar 50g chopped walnuts, 1 orange,
175 grams of powdered sugar, 1 to 2 table spoons of poppy
1. Beets clean, wash and grate. Chocolate grind. Sift flour with baking powder. Add almond, vegetable oil, cocoa powder, sugar and salt. To drive the eggs one at a time and mix until smooth.
2. to mix the grated beets, chopped nuts and chocolate. Put a lot into a greased oblong shape and smooth. Bake for 45-50 minutes at 180 ° C. Writing cool slightly. Remove the cake from the mold, to pass on cooking grate and let cool completely.
3. For frosting orange pour over boiling water, dry and peel rubbed on a fine grater, squeeze the juice out of it. Powdered sugar mixed with zest and 3-4 table spoons of orange juice. Cupcake pour the glaze and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
Spinach salad with gorgonzola
2 table spoons of pine nuts, 200 g spinach, 250 g raspberries, 3 table spoons of raspberry vinegar, 1-2 table spoons of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of honey, 4 table spoons of olive oil, salt, ground black pepper 200g Gorgonzola
1. Pine nuts fry in a pan without adding fat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
2. Spinach wash and dry. For the filling half the raspberry mash with a fork, mix with vinegar, honey and lemon juice. Add 1-2 table spoons of water and olive oil. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
3. Gorgonzola crumble. Spinach in portions spread out on plates. Sprinkle with gorgonzola. Sprinkle raspberry dressing, sprinkle with pine nuts and garnish with remaining raspberries.