Tula forged by centuries of weapons,
Looked like a gun on herself —
Heard the sound of battle metal.
In the old names of its streets
We are both in battle and in the Guards,
Is famous throughout our valiant work.
Having grown thousands of new skilled craftsmen,
People are forging a new glory.
The history of the Tula arms factory, officially began February 26, 1712, in fact, has deeper roots. Thus, in 1599 in Tula were settled by the government, of 30 people, Russian professional gunsmiths called then-yourself artists. They had to supply the treasury squeaked, for which they were given by obelnoy literacy special rights. Number gunsmiths gradually grew, and they began to form separate communities and weapons shop, fabricate something or other weapons or parts of it.
In 1632, a Dutch merchant Andreas Vinnius, received from King Michael's letters patent, founded near Tula Iron Plant for the production of cores and guns. Soon after, in 1652, also near Tula, near the village of Chentsova Dutch Akemi and Marselius was built another plant — for the manufacture of different weapons. The builders of these plants was discharged from abroad foundry, Hammers, gunsmiths and other professionals in the amount of up to 600 people. For the right to build factories Vinnius, Akemi and Marselius pledged to train factory case of indigenous Russian craftsmen, among them, and Tula gunsmiths.
The estate of Tula gunsmiths in 1700, employs more than 1,000 people. Gunsmiths produced weapons, part of them at home, mostly in small workshops, which were organized by individual shops gunsmiths. In addition to the weapons case they dealt with other skill, in this way, and have known in Tula samovar, hardware and other factories.
In 1695, Russian blacksmith Nikita Demidov was based private armory. In 1705 was organized the first "official weapon yard", where it was collected for up to 800 people gunsmiths.
In 1712, the nominal decree of Peter I founded the breech arms factory, which became the basis of modern Tula Arms Plant. The plant commenced operation in 1714. In 1720, the plant has been operating for up to 1,200 gunsmiths.
TOZ originally produced exclusively for the needs of military weapons of the Russian army. Already in 1720, the number of issued here rifles reached 22 thousand.
In 1812, during the Second World War, the government made it mandatory to take Tula gunsmiths 13,000 rifles per month, of which 7,000 had to take the plant, 3,000 — and 3,000 freestyle masters — reworked and repaired old ones.
A large role in rearming the Russian army played by the fact that in 1868 managed to mass-produce Berdan rifle.
In 1875, immediately after graduating with a gold medal of the Mikhailovsky Artillery Academy, at the Tula arms factory began working Sergei Ivanovich Mosin. In 1880 he was appointed head of the tool shop. In 1891, the rifle was approved sample, the basis of which developed a Mosin. In 1892, at the Tula arms factory began production of three-linear Mosin rifle. mass production of which began in the 1893 and 1907 at the plant is released Maxim machine gun system.
By decree of Emperor Alexander II of September 13, 1875 Tula Armory given the name — "Imperial Tula Arms Factory Main Artillery Directorate."
February 28, 1912 to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Imperial Tula arms factory he was given the name "Tula Emperor Peter the Great's armory."
In 1902, the plant was organized completely mechanized mass production of hunting rifles (first hammerless shotguns model "B", and then trigger gun system Ivashentseva). In the production of a magnificent specimen of small arms — Maxim machine gun model 1910 achieved a complete interchangeability of parts, which was not on any of the weapons company of the world, letting the system. In the 20 years developed and started production of a hunting rifle model "P" and rifled carbine NK-8, 2 designers Kochetova, small-caliber rifles TOZ-1, TOZ-2, singly rifle sight with the sector TOZ-7, TOZ-8 and shooting sports TOZ-10. To unify all the forces of the design at the plant in 1927 established design office, the result of which was the development of these types of weapons, as aviapulemety PV-1 and ShKAS.
Modern Tula Arms Factory is one of the recognized world centers of military and dual-use technologies. It produces combat, hunting and sporting guns and anti-tank missiles, machine guns, silent and underwater guns, grenade launchers, shotguns and carbines.
The plant has covered a long and glorious path. A new generation of artists has created a unique style, which absorbed all the known fact opyzheynom artistic means, using different materials — gold, silver, ivory, mother of pearl. Lefty Traditions alive to this day.
The film is the anniversary of the Tula Arms Factory — 300 years.
February 8, 2013
The plans of "Izhmash" and Tula arms factory together in the production of sporting and hunting weapons. The general director of "Izhmash" Konstantin Bulgakov and CEO of the Tula arms factory Ilya KURILOV discussed future cooperation and prospects of cooperation. It was decided to test the capabilities of Tula on the issue of development of "Izhmash".
— Cooperation is beneficial for both parties — said Gagarin. — We will be able to meet the high demand for hunting and sporting weapons, and the Tula arms factory would provide jobs and keep their employees productive capacity. Now formed a special group that will assess the situation at the Tula arms factory, and according to the experts will decide on the development of the union. Association will be held in the framework of the Concern "Kalashnikov".
Man must work hard, work hard, whoever he was, and this one is the meaning and purpose of his life, his happiness, his enthusiasm.