In the first quarter of 2013, passenger traffic the airport "Kharkiv" increased by 46% compared to the previous year, reported the press service of the airport.
In 2013, for the period benefited from the services of the airport 106.6 thousand persons, while in 2012 — 73.1 thousand in March of this year the volume of passenger traffic was 36.8 million people, or 34% more than in March 2012 (27.5 million). In addition, in March, was marked by a significant gap between the number of passengers on domestic and international departures, the report says.
"So, on the domestic routes were served 5,500 passengers, while international — 31.4 million people (almost 6 times more). Compared to March of last year, the volume of passenger traffic on domestic flights decreased by 33%, while international rose by 62%. In general, in January-March of 2013 benefited from the services of international departures 89.1 million passengers (+62%), Internal — 17.5 million (-4%), "- told at the airport.
In the period from January to March 2013 the airport handled 943 flights, which is 6% more than the same period last year (891 flights). In particular, it was made in March departures 315 (2% over last March — 309), of which 196 international (+ 4%) and 119 internal (-2%). In January-March 2013 the airport "Kharkiv" served 583 international (+ 9%) and 360 (1%) of domestic flights. This March 95% of flights were carried out in accordance with the current schedule. The main reason for the delay departures that are included in the remaining 5% were unfavorable weather conditions, the report said.