Helicopters dump water on the overheated reactors, but on the ground preparing the powerful water cannon. In an emergency order is supplied back energomagistral to repair elektoronasosy and try to run the cooling system. True, simultaneously working in a hurry cut the cable ties on which the operational headquarters received data on the state units. Now it has been restored.
Radiation levels above the emergency station "Fukushima" is such that the helicopter pilots in the air is allowed no more than 40 minutes. According to experts in order to discharge water temperature led to a reduction in the damaged reactors, the pilots have to make about 100 sorties. While this work has just begun. The building of the third reactor power units destroyed more than others, "Fukushima", it formed a break, and the water should get it on the overheated fuel rods.
"We reset the water from a height of 90 meters. At a height of 300 meters the radiation level is several times lower, but there can not climb, or we simply will not hit the target," — said the Minister of Defense Toshimi Kitazawa Japan.
Japanese Defense Minister Toshimi Katadzava said that his department has sent 11 emergency vehicles to the station with the pump for cold water. At the same time, to join the fight to avert a nuclear disaster in Japan is ready and a special police squad. Now you can fill the reactors from the ground. The police will be used to supply to the damaged sites station powerful water-jet gun — these machines are only at guards. They will be controlled remotely, and the people will be wearing special protective suits.
Meanwhile, according to experts of the international Atomic Energy Agency IAEA, the water temperature in the spent fuel pool is growing. This is probably due to the damage to the power supply. The normal temperature in the pools does not exceed 25 degrees Celsius, the used rods must be completely covered by water. Now six power capacity coolant temperature has risen to 60 degrees, in the fifth power unit — up to 63, and the fourth — to 84.
Japan hastily leaving foreigners. In the near future from Tokyo to Moscow will fly the families of Russian diplomats. Embassy staff themselves are and will continue to work as usual. In the embassy said no emergency evacuation of Russian citizens there, as the radiation situation in Tokyo is calm. It is a further flight of Aeroflot, which can fly from Japan to attend. Foreigners visas are issued on the same day and without consular fees. The Embassy is monitoring the situation around the clock.
Pouring water reactor nuclear power plant "Fukushima-1" has helped to reduce the level of radiation
Radiation levels in the third Japanese nuclear reactor "Fukushima-1" has not changed, despite the attempts of the military to fill it with the helicopter water to cool the spent nuclear fuel (SNF). This is reported by the local media.
According to journalists, before radiation levels at the nuclear power plant "Fukushima-1" up to three millisieverts, while the rate of one millisievert per year. Japan Self-Defense Force helicopters began on Thursday for an operation to reset the water on the third power unit of the nuclear power plant accident. Two helicopters CH-47 in the four passes thrown water from tanks attached to them, which amount to seven and a half tons. In addition to these aircraft in the third reactor circled another helicopter with equipment for continuous measurement of radiation levels. Later the head of the Japanese Defense Minister Toshimi Kitazava said that at an altitude of 300 m above the reactor radiation level of 4.13 mSv, and at a height of 100 meters — 87.7 mSv.
Recall, an earthquake of magnitude 9.0 occurred off the northeast coast of Japan on March 11. Tremors caused a tsunami more than 10 meters, which caused widespread destruction. According to the latest official figures, the disaster killed or went missing more than 13 thousand people. At Japanese nuclear power plant "Fukushima-1" and "Fukushima-2" after the earthquake was a regime of emergency because of a failure of the cooling systems. Saturday, Monday and Tuesday at the "Fukushima-1" there were explosions.
The crisis in Japan is much worse than the mainstream media and the Japanese government is talking about it
This is not just a repetition of Chernobyl. Perhaps it will be many Chernobyls.
To some extent, we can understand the Japanese government and the mainstream media who do not want to spread panic, but people should know what is really happening.
Sometimes more important to watch what is being done, not for what they say.
For example, a significant number of foreign governments are now evacuating its staff from Tokyo.
Why would they do if there is no threat?
1. Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan recommend to anyone who lives within 30 kilometers of the nuclear plant Fukushima Dai-ichi, to remain in their homes.
2. The head of the Nuclear Safety Council of France, Andre-Claude Lacoste said reactor containment surrounding the second reactor of the Fukushima nuclear plant Dai-Ichi "is no longer sealed."
3. Radiation in Tokyo is 10 times higher than normal.
4. Reuters reports that some residents of Tokyo have started to leave the city.
5. According to reports, the level of radiation in Utsunomiya, north of Tokyo, is 33 times higher than normal.
6. Radiation levels in Saitama was registered 40 times the normal level.
7. According to the Prime Minister of Japan, Naoto Kan, "the probability of further radioactive leakage is increased."
8. Japanese government recognized that radiation levels near the Fukushima complex Dai-Ichi is very harmful to human health.
9. According to the World Nuclear Association, the emission of more than 100 milizivert a year can lead to cancer. To date, the level of radiation near the fourth reactor at the Fukushima Dai-ichi milizivert is 400 per hour.
10. As it turned out, the crew of the U.S. Navy Marine, which provides assistance in the rescue work, get a monthly dose of radiation in just one hour.
11. According to the U.S. Navy at their bases in Yokosuka and Atsugi found low levels of radiation.
12. Aircraft carrier "Ronald Reagan" recently discovered a huge dose of radiation 100 miles from the Japanese coast.
13. Company servicing complex Fukushima Dai-ichi, evacuated 750 to 800 employees who worked at the facility.
14. The French embassy in Tokyo has advised its citizens to leave the city.
15. The German Embassy in Tokyo advised its citizens to leave the country in general.
16. German company SAP evacuated from Tokyo offices.
17. Austria reported that, because of fears of radiation takes its embassy from Tokyo to Osaka.
18. Finland calls on all its citizens to leave Tokyo.
19. Czech military aircraft specially sent to Japan, only to evacuate the Czech Philharmonic.
20. Air China has canceled many flights to Tokyo.
21. Embassy of China announced the evacuation of Chinese nationals from Miyagi, Fukushima, Ibaraki and Iwate.
22. Russia is preparing to evacuate civilians and military from the Kuril Islands.
23 Physicist Frank von Hippel recently told the New York Times the following about this disaster: "The situation is much worse than it was at the time of the accident at the nuclear power plant Three Mile Island.
24. President of the French Nuclear Safety said that now the crisis is almost as serious as Chernobyl.
"Clearly, we are on the sixth level, which occurred sometime between the Three Mile Island and Chernobyl."
25. There are reports of extremely high radiation at another Japanese nuclear facility. It has been reported that at one point at a nuclear facility in Onagawa radiation was at levels 700 times higher than normal.
26. A senior leader of the nuclear industry, who wished to remain anonymous, told The Times Of India, that the leaders of the energy industry in Japan "in absolute panic, and do not know what to do."
27. It was also reported that the facility Fukushima Dai-ichi stored 600,000 spent rods. Most of them appear to be stored in the top of the six reactors. In three of these buildings have large explosions occurred. Now there are fears that nothing prevents these rods emit radiation in the atmosphere.
It seems that government is more concerned about maintaining the public peace, rather than the one to tell people the truth.
Radiation levels are rising throughout Northern and Central Japan. People are starting to leave Tokyo and other major cities in the region. Foreign governments evacuated staff. On a set of Fukushima Dai-ichi rages flame. Japanese authorities seem to have no idea how to resolve this crisis.
If at least one of the damaged nuclear reactors fully melts, it will be a complete nightmare. If you live in an area that could potentially be affected by radiation from Japan, you may need to start wondering how you and your family cope with the radiation.
U.S. has suspended its military operations in Japan
U.S. Department of Defense announced that it has temporarily suspended the U.S. soldiers involved in the rescue operations in the north-eastern part of Japan, in the area within 90 kilometers of a nuclear power plant "Fukushima-1". According to NHK, this decision was announced on the eve of the press -David Lepen Secretan Pentagon.
U.S. sent 15 warships, including the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier "Ronald Reagan" to assist Japan's efforts to overcome the consequences of the disaster. According to the spokesman, the suspension is a forced measure care not to expose personnel to radiation.
Lepen added that in the event of an exception, if the U.S. military will have to act within the 90-kilometer distance from the affected areas of nuclear power plants, they will receive potassium iodide pills to protect against short-term exposure to radiation.
Desperate Japanese took to the streets