Foreign Ministry: Belarus may increase the list of banned Europeans

Society
Belarus will evaluate the possibility of increasing the number of banned in the country in connection with the expansion of the list of Belarusians who are unable to travel to the EU, said on Thursday in Minsk reporters Head of Information — Foreign Ministry spokesman Andrei Savinykh.

"This question is still at the level of peer review. If we take such a decision, it will inform you, "- he said.

Previously, the Council of EU foreign ministers decided to expand the "black list" of Belarusian officials banned from entering the EU. The foreign ministers of the 27 EU states agreed on the issue of introducing an additional 13 names to the list of persons banned from entering the European Union and bank assets which, if any, in Europe, are frozen.

Thus, the list of Belarusian officials banned from entering the European Union, now employs 198 people. Sanctions against 158 Belarusian officials on this list were taken January 31, 2011.

In the "black list", apart from the President Alexander Lukashenkoand appear on his two sons — Victor and Dmitry, and the Minister of Defense of Belarus Yuri Zhadobin, the head of the KGB Vadim Zaytsev and other members of the government. About 60 of the 158 people included in the new list has been in previous similar lists adopted by the EU in 2004 and 2006.

Like this post? Please share to your friends: