Now under the refrain of "anti-drug" U.S. priklnnye try to form a group in the security bodies and special purpose units in the states of Central Asia. One of the devices of this process is CARICC — Central Asian Regional Information and Coordination Centre for combating drugs. All this is done in the United States in Central America in the 1970-1990's: there training counternarcotics police then turned deadly death squads and civilian war decades. Creating a drug in the meantime has grown in proportion to the South American intervention. Now the process of "afghanization" Central Asia is gaining momentum and to the point of no return is not quite enough time.
In the foreign policy of the Obama administration entrenched practice certain tactical approach to operate hands of other countries and conduct their own initiative as through multilateral mechanisms of international organizations. So, the war against Libya was waged by France and the United States provided the only "support" function. The "New Silk Road" initiated by Turkey, and the United States in its "neutral, but full of interest close associate" (1). The Arab League has released one by one, calling for the overthrow of legitimate, but disliked the United States of favorites. UN Security Council resolution on Syria in October 2011, pushing France, England, Germany and Portugal, and the United States all her only "support" — in the company of Colombia, Nigeria, Gabon and Bosnia. This is really a smart and sophisticated strategy in relation to the cowboy swoop previous U.S. administration: the costs and bad resonance accrue to others, the more so that the criteria for the budget deficit, "the transfer of the burden of defense spending allies — the only sensible way" (2-3 ).
Group of the United Nations, the main international mechanism, the United States trying to reincarnate in a multilateral extension of the municipal department for giving international legitimacy to its sole initiatives. Washington is also trying to use a separate UN entities on their own, South American, purpose: the IAEA in the near future is to put pressure on Iran, the Office on Drugs and Crime, the United Nations (UNODC) — inventory of penetration into Central Asia.
Another favorite South American maneuver — the creation of "regional" organizations for thousands of kilometers from their borders, in what the United States are members or observers. Directing the activities of these structures, Washington curators repeated local administration, "it is your idea, your structure, do it yourself, we have only to help" — and get so Makar (half) obedient mechanism that serves as their outpost in the remote region.
As a pretext for the creation of such devices, the United States use the theme of "cooperation in areas of common interest." A more plausible and persuasive cover serves as a "joint fight Against Drugs, "and this card is most actively played against Russia and Central Asia. In recent months, Washington coined especially mocking argument that their" struggle against drugs "they activate in response to concern about the consequences of the Russian Federation" withdrawal "of troops from Afghanistan ( not really, "O", of course — just reduce the contingent).
If the United States is so concerned about the problem of drugs, why are they shall be removed outright fight against drug production and drug trafficking in the area of Afghanistan (4), and instead of seeking to "help" of the Russian Federation and the Central Asian states in their territories? To intercept drugs at the source even easier, even more so when the territory occupied by the 140000th military contingent when the drug dealers concurrently serve as agents of the CIA, and the precursors and drugs are transported under the control of the same warlords who "provide security" of U.S. and NATO convoys ( 5). But no, Washington prefers that drugs initially dispersed fan on tens of thousands of towns and villages Fri, and then offer to do the deepest operational and intelligence cooperation with heroin subjected to attack states, and provide training to deal with this "universal evil."
What are the mechanisms used by the U.S. for so-called "anti-drug"? What are the goals they pursue in reality? One of the cloned under the cover of the 2005 UN projects — the Central Asian Regional Information and Coordination Centre for combating illicit trafficking in narcotic drugs (CARICC). Located in Alma-Ata CARICC Europol was created on the model of the efforts of the Almaty office of the Regional Consulates UNODC in Central Asia (UNODC ROCA) (6). Opening of the accomplished December 9, 2009, and now its members are 7 countries: Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Our homeland (7). The stated purpose of CARICC — to promote cooperation of law enforcement agencies of the Member States in the fight against drug trafficking and related crimes, and serve as a key regional hub for the exchange and analysis info and to coordinate joint operations. CARICC Director, Lieutenant General Affairs of Kazakhstan B.S.Sarsekov clarifies that CARICC — "a unique institution that joins together the scattered power agencies and approaches" (8).
Center was created at the expense of NATO member countries: United States ($ 3.2 million), the UK, Canada, Italy, Turkey, France, Czech Republic, Finland and Luxembourg as well — a total 15,400,000 dollars difficulties (9). The same countries plus Afghanistan and Pakistan have observer status at CARICC — while China and Iran are not listed in the schedules. Observer States enjoy access to the entire volume of disk imaging, collected and analyzed by the Center. Sarsekov director says CARICC "Ready to cooperate with Western countries" and proposes to expand the mandate of the Centre for all types of cross-border crime, not limiting it to the fight against drug trafficking — as evidenced by the WikiLeaks dispatches disclosed U.S. Embassy in Tashkent (10). Indeed, CARICC takes a lot of international guests: foreign delegations arrive in the center of one by the other. Training CARICC conduct "international experts owning a huge law enforcement and management experience" (11).
The United States considers CARICC as "a very important and effective tool", Secretary of State Hillary Clinton personally looks after the development of the Centre (12). As a "watching" the U.S. are taking a proactive role in his work. Hardware and software for CARICC put the U.S. Central Command (13). In the "technical support / service" CARICC also involved the Office of Military Cooperation of the Ministry of Defense (Office of Military Cooperation, OMC), as reported in a telegram to the U.S. Embassy in Astana, WikiLeaks disclosed in the most freshest portions of documents 1 September 2011 (14) . With all of this the U.S. insist that multilateral efforts to combat the drug passed through CARICC and the NATO-Russia Council, and not through the Collective Security Treaty Organization (15). Washington also hoped to link the activities of CARICC the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), which has now been training police officers
and other professionals associated with the protection of the rule of law, but because of Russian objections to U.S. officials had to abandon those plans (16). With all of this taken samples cover up the role of the Armed Forces of the United States in CARICC although rather clumsy. The Russian version of the website CARICC reports that "from May 16, 2011 in CARICC held a two-week training courses for senior management team of law enforcement agencies and special services of the participants, organized with the support of UNODC and donors." Lighting the same effect on the British language is different: training courses have been organized "with the support of UNODC and the U.S. Central Command" (emphasis creator) (17).
With all its own utility, the U.S. CARICC — only just one step in the penetration of the power structures of Central Asia. In June 2011, Deputy Secretary of State and Head of the Office of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs at the Municipal Department of the United States (Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs, INL) William Brownfield (William Brownfield), which will be discussed separately, has announced some " Central Asian Initiative on Drugs "(Central Asian Counternarcotics Initiative, CACI) (18). In this project, the legal and practical nuances of which UNODC is developing again, we are talking specifically about the development of anti-drug "special purpose forces" in the 5 Central Asian states, which could be related to similar structures in Afghanistan and the Russian Federation, and would be coordinated via the UNODC and CARICC. As a model for Brownfield leads "a remarkably effective specially selected and tested unit" made inside the Afghan anti-drug police agency by U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). Washington will provide funding for training, acquisition of equipment and supplies for these special groups: $ 4.2 million to the initiative of the State Department has already allocated (19). Brownfield also said that the implementation of the initiative does not require the cumbersome military presence, neither the U.S. nor the Russian Federation. In the summer and autumn of this year, he and his staff circulated by the Central Asian capitals, convincing them of the need to manage such models special forces mission in the region.
Deputy Secretary of State U.Braunfild even in the midst of arrogant power "diplomats" stands out in cold blood and arrogance. This post Brownfield came in January 2011 directly from the chair of the U.S. Ambassador in Colombia (2007-2010) (20). Brownfield previously served as Ambassador to Venezuela, for their not fully ambassadorial work twice received by President Hugo Chavez's warning of expulsion (21). In 1996-1999, the Brownfield served as deputy head of the Office of the same, struggling with drugs and "sealing the rule of law", namely, in Bosnia and Kosovo. In 1993 he graduated from the State military Institute (National War College). In 1989-1990,., When the United States invaded Panama, served as political advisor to the commander of the U.S. Southern Command in Panama. A Brownfield began his career in Venezuela in 1979 and in El Salvador in 1981-1983. (22) — during the years of war and the civilian superior activity-wing "death squads."
Kostelanchik David (David Kostelancik), Director for Europe and Eurasia at the Office U.Braunfilda, began his career in Turkey (1989-1991) and Albania (1992-1993), in 1994, was a special assistant to Ambassador T.Pikeringa in Moscow. In 1998-2001. engaged in military-political issues in NATO's Central European affairs in the State Department and National Security Council. In 2007 Kostelanchik raised the qualification in the same State Military Institute, then left for Moscow to the post of Minister-Counselor for Political Affairs and the head of the internal section of the (Russian) policy (23). D.Kostelanchika residence in Virginia (24) is at a comfortable 4-mile distance from Langley — even closer than to the State Department.
Some might believe that bureaucrats United States with a track list are aimed at cooperation rescue Russian people on heroin? As for the main anti-drug U.S. agencies — the Agency for U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Ministry of Justice, its mission is to prevent the flow of drugs to the United States area. International activities of DEA controlled by the fact that in 2006 it was included in the U.S. intelligence community, now consisting of 16 structures. Maybe there will be a decent DEA officers who believe their own task a real struggle with narcotic evil. But they do not define the course of the Agency, and when their operational work imposed razvedkadrov development, the last trump.
But not only the power diplomats and DEA, and the Central Command of the Armed forces of the United States, this huge military machine and tormented by his own area of responsibility full-scale wars and conflicts of low intensity, as "fighting drugs" — and already in Central Asia! But the cover-up in anti-drug activities CENTCOM rapidly giving way to the formation and training of local military special forces.
Center for U.S. military activities in Central Asia, except Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan became. According to the press release, in Tajikistan, Central Command annually spends 50 to 60 programs and activities in the field of security, and in 2011 — 70 (25). Namely, completed the construction of the National Centre for combat training system created interdepartmental communication to the Government of Tajikistan, built a bridge across the Panj River to the border and customs checkpoints on the Tajik-Afghan border — a complex that "promotes the commercial exchange, strengthens ties with Tajikistan, its neighbor to the south "(26). Institute of Foreign Languages Department of Defense spent two 16-week courses of British language Tajiks completed reconstruction of the Police Academy of Tajikistan shall be assisted in the training of personnel. Border outposts built in Shurobod and Yahchi-Pune, at the opening of which, in June 2011 he visited Brownfield — there are set "floor heating!" (27) The military partner of Tajikistan — National Guard of Virginia — is also expanding military cooperation: conducting training and information exchange in 2011, supplemented by the formation of "peacekeeping unit" training "disaster relief" and the civil-military medical readiness.
Medical services are a civilian population in the country of residence of troops — a traditional reception activities "winning the hearts and brains" of Field Manual on counterinsurgency (counter-insurgency) operations, the current version of which was developed under the control of General Mattis, now commander of U.S. Central Command, and Gen. Petraeus now director of the CIA (28). You can imagine for yourself how stun Tajik border guards donated America "floor heating". Also brand new shape, shiny outfit, modern computers — so constructed sensual relationship with the curator, under the doctrine of psychic warfare.
A special role in American regional structure is given to Kazakhstan as the largest, most successful and close to the Russian Federation state in Central Asia, without which no valid Eurasian integration. But the enactment of the Kazakh control of, the United States and China against each other in the medium term will turn Kazakhstan into an arena of fierce struggle of the three powers — and the position of fighting the landfill completely unenviable. This process may already have begun: May 17, 2011 in Aktobe occurred first act of terrorism. As Mike describes Pak in the article "" Dagestanizatsiya ": extremists have declared all-out war intelligence agencies" on the Web site of IA REGNUM, Kazakhstan is likely to destabilize a wide range of subversion: terrorist attacks in Astana or Almaty, Kazakhstan penetr
ation in the area of illegal armed groups mass demonstrations fringe, accompanied by a demonstrative brutality towards certain groups, a series of explosions at pipelines, provoking Kazakhstan disproportionate and unlawful acts of the military disposition (29).
And all of this will get our home inside the Customs Union, now and in the future — inside the Eurasian Union.
When U.Braunfild says about "specially selected and tested secret units" in the Central Asian Initiative on Drugs, there are questions such as "hand-picked" by whom? "Tested" whose intelligence? employees to whom? In reality, a refrain of the fight against drugs, the United States ranks the Central Asian region priklnny power unit. For what purpose and objectives?
1. To ensure obedience to the will of the country's U.S. legal control is not enough — you need power and control. While stabilizing or destabilizing the internal situation priklnnye part of the power unit will support the government if it is specified in the U.S. line — or posodeystvuyut overthrow it if it is gone from the course. They suppress the resistance of the masses, eliminate favorites resistance and lead people to a suitable political position. All of these tasks can not be produced by South American military without harm to the reputation of the United States, in addition, local collaborators perform stained work with special zeal to settle personal scores (see the experience of "Galicia" and other government departments SS, flogging with Gaddafi.)
2. Unconventional War (irregular war) the U.S. will keep coming at the expense of deep partnerships with foreign military, according to the plans of the commander of Central Command, General Mattis (30). U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta confirmed that the increase in the budget of special forces mission while reducing military spending is necessary "to fight the rebels, that the United States did not have to do it" (31). U.S. special forces mission, except for special operations forces are training special forces of other countries — "branch being frisky growth," they say in the Central Command.
3. Ensuring the safety and security of transit of military cargo to the U.S. occupation troops in Afghanistan and NATO supply routes in the North (Northern Distribution Newtwork, NDN) asks the hard order in the transit countries. In the future, as the implementation of the South American integration project under the title "New" or "modern" Silk Road will need to ensure security of a large network of transportation and power lines, and most importantly, the pipeline. According to the strategy of the Washington-based Center for Strategic and international developments (CSIS) Modern Silk Road "will serve as the implementation of a counterinsurgency mission," the United States (32).
4. Providing key strategic advantages: Central Asia in the totality of Afghanistan — "heart" of the Eurasian region, the last bastion on the way to world domination — gives the United States a base for the projection of danger on the three main enemies: Iran, Russia, China. Adoption of the military-political presence in Central Asia to the U.S. is now essentially the same as the structuring of Western Europe into NATO in the years after the war, Russian majestically.
5. In the end, the military-political presence in Central Asia, the United States undermines any independent from Washington, and they are not controlled by a regional integration initiative — CSTO, SCO and the future Eurasian Alliance.
Acts of the United States in Central Asia, almost all repeat their policy in Central and South America: this also applies to the integration process, and the "fight against drugs" and the counter-insurgency war. So, in 1993, was created by the U.S. 'Central American Integration System "(Central American Integration System, SICA) — a system of economic and political integration. In 2000, Washington launched "Plan Colombia", which of the anti-drug rapidly turned into counterinsurgency and a year later was amended to strengthen the possibility of the Colombian army to protect oil pipelines. Columbia, as you know, was a military foothold in Central America.
Universally recognized historian and expert on the CIA's role in the drug trade, Peter Dale Scott (Peter Dale Scott) as a result of decades of research U.S. anti-drug efforts have come to the conclusion that growth comes from the drug, and not in spite of the efforts of the Yankees (33). Alfred McCoy (Alfred McCoy), another internationally recognized expert on the CIA's role in the drug trade, states that where the U.S. led "war on drugs," Drug Production generally increased (34). Drug production has grown in proportion to terrorism victims among the population and the torment of civilization, whose terrain United States has chosen to "fight against drugs."
Need to realize that in the fight against drug interests of the Russian Federation and the United States are not "common." South American power apparatus using drugs as a political tool: U.S. makes first crisis, then use it to penetrate into the power structure of the target, so make them work for their interests. The formula of the ordinary: to ally with groups of traffickers — declare war on drugs — to establish military and political presence in the region, where the drugs are sent.
CARICC for the U.S. — it's intelligence and coordinating resources in the region and a platform for the training of law enforcement agencies, the cost of 3.2 million dollars — a small price to pay for in order to know everything he knows our homeland and other countries. In the case of the United States CARICC invites States to play another game with marked cards. The game is impossible to win.
It is unlikely that the Russian foreign policy establishment in the Kremlin and the Foreign Ministry thinks South American plan: in their actions such awareness is not traced.
In Central Asia, those who participate in the American game, should know that they will meet the same fate as the Central America — the role of "cannon fodder" in the service of the interests of the South American, decades of bloody wars, civilians, dropping in the development of an indefinite amount of time. Understand whether the favorites of the Central Asian countries, which game they are drawn? Whether they wish to themselves and that of the future of their own countries, which was true in Afghanistan, where civilization ravaged immediately constructive extremism and foreign occupation? The "afghanization" Central Asia is gaining momentum and to the point of no return is not quite enough time. A position control of Central Asia can hardly be called sustainable: the drug mafia overthrew and more than a measured favorites. Municipal coup forces trafficking networks in contact with the U.S. secret services, general massacre and the never-ending foreign occupation — completely possible future for them all.
1. Andrew Kuchins, Thomas Sanderson, David Gordon. The Northern Distribution Network and the Modern Silk Road — Planning for Afghanistan's Future / / Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS). December 2009. P.3.
2. Joseph M. Parent, Paul K. MacDonald The Wisdom of Retrenchment — America Must Cut Back to Move Forward / / Foreign Affairs. November / December 2011.
3. With all that in set, which raised about the Pentagon spending cuts, the military budget decreases of only 8.7% for the coming 10 years, and by 2017 will be 522.5 billion dollars (excluding the cost of the wars that are going separate article). Military the budget of the Russian Federation in 2010 was 52.6 milliardov.doll., China — 114 milliardov.doll. Source: Wikipedia, List of countries by military expenditures.
4. Other than those 5-6% of drug production, which feeds the Taliban.
ander Tchaikovsky Terrorism and dope: goes to Moscow U.S. and NATO commander in Europe / / IA Regnum. October 4, 2011. http://www.regnum.ru/news/1452401.html.
6. Web site of the Regional Consulates UNODC in Central Asia (UNODC ROCA) — http://www.unodc.org/centralasia/.
7. Our homeland has joined the CARICC one of the last 4 September 2009 (Kazakhstan — 16 September 2011), the decision was ratified in March 2011
8. US Embassy Tashkent cable ID 08TASHKENT485. Caricc Ready To Move Forward As Pilot Phase Nears Completion. Date: 24 Apr 2008. Paragraph3. Wikileaks ID 151157, First published on 26 Aug 2011. http://www.cablegatesearch.net/cable.php?id=08TASHKENT485&q=caricc
9. Mid-term evaluation of project TD/RER/H22 Establishment of the Central Asian Regional Information and Coordination Centre — CARICC. Peter Allan, Consultant.
10. US Embassy Tashkent cable ID 08TASHKENT485. Caricc Ready To Move Forward As Pilot Phase Nears Completion. Date: 24 Apr 2008. Summary. Wikileaks ID 151157, First published on 26 Aug 2011. http://www.cablegatesearch.net/cable.php?id=08TASHKENT485&q=caricc
11. Closing the regular courses of study leading staff of the competent authorities. Website CARICC: http://www.caricc.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=251&Itemid=1&lang=russian.
12. U.S. State Department spokesman CARICC. CARICC: http://www.caricc.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=247&Itemid=1
13. Avaz Yuldohev Only five member nations ratify CARICC establishment agreement by Feb 1 / / Asia-Plus. February 5, 2010. http://news.tj/en/news/only-five-member-nations-ratify-caricc-establishment-agreement-feb-1.
14. US Embassy Astana Cable, reference ID 10ASTANA225. Kazakhstan: Scenesetter For Srap Holbrooke. Date 18 Feb 2010. Source: Wikileaks ID # 249282. First published Sep 1, 2011. http://www.cablegatesearch.net/cable.php?id=10ASTANA225.
15. US Embassy Moscow cable ID 10MOSCOW226. Scenesetter For February 4 US-Russia Bilateral Presidential Drug Trafficking Working Group Meeting. Date: 29 Jan 2010. Paragraph 7. Source: Wikileaks ID 246266. First published 24 Aug 2011. http://wikileaks.org/cable/2010/01/10MOSCOW226.html #.
16. US Embassy Dushanbe cable ID 09DUSHANBE702. New Russian Ambassador Proposes Closer Cooperation. Date: 5 Jun 2009. Paragraph 6. Wikileaks ID 210433. First published Sep 1, 2011. http://www.cablegatesearch.net/cable.php?id=09DUSHANBE702&q=caricc.
17. Executive-level law enforcement training course conducted at CARICC. CARICC website: http://www.caricc.org/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1&limit=5&limitstart=15&lang=english.
18. Richard Solash US Promotes New Plan to Battle Drug Trade In Afghanistan, Central Asia, Russia / / Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty. July 19, 2011.
19. US issues $ 4.2mln for Central Asia Counternarcotics Initiative. The American-Uzbekistan Chamber of Commerce. October 10 2011. http://www.aucconline.com/news.php?news_id=259.
20. William Brownfield Biography, State Department http:/ / Www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/biog/154184.htm.
21. William Brownfield Biography, Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Brownfield.
22. William Brownfield Biography, http:/ / Www.allgov.com / Official / Brownfield_William.
23. David J. Kostelancik visits Nizhny Novgorod American Center. 13.03.2009. http://amcorners.ru/news/news796/ac147/
24. Property valuation of Bridle Path Lane, Fairfax, VA. http://www.city-data.com/fairfax-county/B/Bridle-Path-Lane-2.html.
25. CENTCOM, Tajikistan expand security partnership. US Central Command press-release. June 29, 2010. http://www.centcom.mil/press-releases/centcom-tajikistan-expand-security-partnership.
27. Tajikistan: US Government rebuilds border guard facilities in Shurobod / / Fergana News Information Agency. June 30, 2011. http://enews.fergananews.com/news.php?id=2108. See also video: South American diplomats on the Tajik-Afghan border, June 29, 2011 http://nm.tj/politics/381-amerikanskie-diplomaty-na-tadzhiksko-afganskoy-granice-video.html; original video on the UK : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB5X4GU7-C8&feature=player_embedded #!
28. Counterinsurgency, Field Manual 3-24, Marine Corps Warfighting. Publication no. 3-33.5 Washington, DC: Department of the Army and Department of the Navy, December 2006.
29. Misha Pak. "Dagestanizatsiya": extremists have declared all-out war intelligence agencies: Kazakhstan this week / / IA Regnum. 16.11.2011. http://www.regnum.ru/news/1467798.html
30. Greg Grant Grunts to Rebuild Like SOF, Move Away From Bases: Mattis / / DoD Buzz — Online Defense and Acquisition Journal. February 19th, 2009. http://www.dodbuzz.com/2009/02/19/grunts-sof-fob-based-coin-must-end-mattis/
31. See the principal material Thom Shanker, Elisabeth Bumiller Weighing Pentagon Cuts, Panetta Faces Deep Pressures / / The New York Times. November 6, 2011.
32. Andrew Kuchins, Thomas Sanderson, David Gordon. The Northern Distribution Network and the Modern Silk Road — Planning for Afghanistan's Future / / Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS). December 2009. P.22.
33. Peter Dale Scott Drugs, Oil, and War: The United States in Afghanistan, Colombia, and Indochina. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers. 2003. P. 75
34. Alfred W. McCoy The Politics of Heroin: CIA Complicity in the Global Drug Trade. Lawrence Hill Books, Second revised edition. 2003. P. 449.
Jora Borodin — foreign policy expert at the Institute of research and initiatives (INVISSIN, Moscow)