Video from YouTube user Evgenii758
Outside, the construction of the building of Smolny arbitration. Now, on the site demolished dilapidated buildings. Workers install fencing. Trial is piling. In the early '12 starts construction of the first floor. Land for construction area of 3.4 thousand m2. ages 18-19 with houses inside the buffer zone. The decision to build was made by order of the Government of the Russian Federation in 2008, published before the city law on the protection zone.
Under the project, the building across the street Smolny will total seven floors and includes 50 courtrooms. The underground part will house parking for employees for 100 cars. Construction should be completed in 2014. Currently Arbitration Court of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region is located on Suvorov Avenue in the same building as the police department.
Near the Smolny of historic buildings, said Fontanka.ru. As reported by the activists of "Living GRODA", now heavy machinery demolishes houses built XVIII — XIX centuries, located opposite the Smolny. Permit for the demolition of the workers there — warrant for dismantling issued on November 3. According to "zhivogorodtsev", one of the buildings demolished Petersburg grad almshouses, located at Smolny street, 6.
Recall the building project of the Arbitration Court has caused many disputes, public hearings were held on the allowed deviation outdated documentation. Nevertheless, the project was agreed.
Grad almshouses, institutions for disabled charity, the poor and the elderly, have been opened by order of Catherine II in 1781 bought at Orphanage building near Smolny Convent (Palmenbahskaya street nowadays street Smolny, 4). In 1782 — 1784 he was the new building (expanded in 1820, arhiterktor EV Tsygorev, in 1865 — 1866. Built on the third floor, designed by A. H. Poel, in 1905 — 4th floor, architect AF Krasovsky). In 1781, the Orthodox Church has arranged Constantine and Helen, in 1798-m — Lutheran Chapel (in 1866 converted to a church), in 1845-m — Catholic chapel. In the 1786-m and almshouses were opened orphanage office and Konstantinovskoe public college in 1859-m — established department for terminal patients to 200 people, in 1867 — an orphanage. Poorhouse held by the Treasury and private donations, is run by the board of trustees, and in 1884 — the urban public management. After October 1917 were abolished. Nowadays the building is Psycho boarding.