In Arkhangelsk is a reconstruction of the bell tower of the Cathedral of Saint Elias

Currently, builders began to cover the walls of the cathedral bell tower Iliinsky new plaster. After the end finishing, interior work will begin. The building will be expanded with the extension.    In September 2012 the bell tower was installed a new dome and a cross made of gold-nitrotitana. The height of the whole structure is 12 meters. Dome and a cross produced by specialists from the Rostov region. The first wooden church on the site of the present St Elias Cathedral was built in 1773 and works diligently Archangel merchant Athanasius Yusova and merchant widow Juliana Dorofeeva. He had three altars, the chief of which was dedicated in honor of the Transfiguration of the Lord, and the other two — Saint Nicholas and Stephen of Perm. August 11, 1806 the church was struck by lightning and developed fire completely destroyed it. Mindful of the recent tragedy, Archangel merchant Jacob Nikonov builds old temple from the throne in the name of God, the prophets Elijah and Elisha. The construction of the church lasted from 1807 to 1809. On the site of an earlier temple burnt stone church was built with the main limit of the Transfiguration. The construction of the church was carried out from 1811 to 1815 at the merchant Vasily Popov and Andrei Ogapova warden. In the Transfiguration (Elijah) Church in the late 1920s, after the destruction of the Holy Trinity Cathedral and most of the city of temples has been moved and the chair of the bishops Arkhangelsk Holmogoroskih. Since 1944, St. Elias Church officially received the status of a cathedral. The main shrines of the temple are painted image of the Archangel Michael in the 1st half of the XVIII century and the Mother of God "Joy of All Who Sorrow» XIX century. The round bell tower of the cathedral in the fence at the same time there was a temple. At the base of the belfry was constructed hospice and gatehouse. Initially, the "tier ringing" has a set of bells in the amount of 6 pieces, they are now twice as big. Now is the belfry bell tower training for beginners parish bell ringers diocese.

Like this post? Please share to your friends: