Blitz review of events and those in Belarus, a world history.
- Mostly prayasnennyami, temperature -12 — 14 C at night to -17 C.
Do not pass:
- Astana summit of the OSCE
- Belarus takes office as chairman of the Organization of Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO)
- Minsk, the Belarusian State Circus in — press conference at the opening of the circus after reconstruction
ALSO THIS DAY:
- 1925 — London Locarno signed seven agreements on the western border of Germany and arbitration, security guarantees for Poland and Czechoslovakia and other
- 1934 — assassination of Sergei Kirov in Leningrad
- 1943 — The Tehran conference was over the heads of the three allied powers: the Soviet Union (Joseph Stalin), the U.S. (Franklin Delano Roosevelt) and Britain (Winston Churchill)
- 1955 — black woman Rosa Parks refused to give way to the bus belaskuramu man, because of what has been accused of violating the rules of use of public transport, which has given rise to a boycott of public buses in Montgomery in the U.S. state of Alabama.
- 1959 — agreement of the Antarctic on which prohibited the use of Antarctica in any military purposes was
- 1991 — Presidential elections in Ukraine and the Ukrainian referendum on independence
- 2009 — entered into force of the Lisbon Treaty on EU reform
- 1766 — Nikolai Karamzin, Russian historian, writer, poet
- 1792 — Nikolai Lobachevsky, Russian mathematician, founder of hyperbolic geometry
- 1867 — Ignatius Mostsitsky, a Polish chemist, President of Poland (1926-1939)
- 1896 — Georgy Zhukov, the Soviet voyskavod
- 1935 — Woody Allen, American film director, actor, screenwriter, writer
- 1937 — Vaira Vike-Freyberga, 6th President of Latvia
- 1949 — Pablo Escobar, the Colombian drug lord
- 1973 — David Ben-Gurion, the first Prime Minister of Israel
- 1989 — Nicholas Patolichev Soviet party and state leaders, the secretary of the Communist Party of Belarus
There is a reason
- World AIDS Day
- Romania — Romania's Unification Day (National Day)
- Portugal — Day of Restoration of Independence
The Treaty of Lisbon entered into force
Quote to remember:
The only way to be happy — is to love suffering.