In Russia, the Czech Republic, Austria, Italy, there are temples, which reverently they say: "Here prayed Suvorov". Alexander left on for a memory not only as a majestic military leader, and as worshipers Postnikov, generous in donations parishioner. And despite the fact that in the high life Earl had a well-deserved reputation for stingy person.
Miser, Alexander V. sought to explain not only inherited his father's passion for hoarding as asceticism, habit and love of camp life threatening. And in Russia, and in foreign campaigns Suvorov was generous in charity, but, according to legend, a healthy beggar preferred to give the ax: "Cut the wood, do not die of hunger."
At church services Suvorov was necessarily coupled with his staff: commander to take up the life of the Church flegmantichnyh, seeing it as their own debt. When meeting with a cleric at first perceived his blessing. Confident in God's help, Suvorov did not know the horror and destruction went on calmly, but do not make silly picture of risk. Special was his attitude to the temple, as evidenced by the numerous memoirs of contemporaries, and the work of Alexander Suvorov.
Near the Church of the Ascension
Recognizable collector urban legends Mike I. dusting in the book "Old Moscow. Stories from the life of the former capital of the ancient capital, "he wrote," Rumyantsev adored often talk about his own friend Suvorov, who has always been to him in full uniform and forget it at their jokes. Suvorov … also avoided those celebrations that were offered to the winners in Moscow. He also stayed then timidly near the Church of the Ascension, on the right hand, second or third home, if you walk from the Kremlin. "
According to the testimony of Pylyaeva shortly before 1812 Suvorov's house was bought by some doctor and later after the fire belonged negociant Weyer.
"All the relatives of Prince of Italy — says Dusty — buried at the Church of St. Theodore the Studite. This church is just a few steps from the Suvorov ancestral home, she was previously a monastery set up in memory of Our Lady of Smolensk. In this church a great military leader priuchival Apostle himself to read and any departure from Moscow never left their parents without any special commemorations. It is here and in the Church of the Ascension deserve what prayers, the funeral service.
Moscow's old-timers, who lived in the 50's, still remembered as Alexander himself, making three prostrations in front of each local icon, put a candle as he deserves prayers, kneeling, and he reverently approached the priest for a blessing. "
The newest temple in the Poconos
As commander of the Suzdal Regiment, Suvorov was ranked newest Ladoga regimental church. According to legend, the soldiers carried with logs for the construction of the temple, donated species, among which the ancient image of the Virgin.
Around the church are located hut for a hospital and a school for soldiers' children.
November 13, 1768 Suvorov made of Ladoga in the newest big-name march to Smolensk. "Honest Rev. Fr. Anthony! — He writes Novoladozhsky archpriest of St. Nicholas Cathedral. — In the rest in Ladoga, Suzdal Regiment, regimental church of St. Peter and St. Paul, I ask your blessing, until the regiment returns back to Ladoga, that was manufactured by everyday service of the regiment who your blessing or that the service will send, a voluntary sends a year 20 rubles that you please get off the remaining in the Poconos, with dvurotnoy team, a member of the Quartermaster Efimova, or who will be here for the team member. Your blessing faithful servant of Alexander Suvorov. December 19 th day or 1768. "
In 1802, the church updated the chief of the Prince (Fanagoriis) Regiment Alexander Grigoryevich Shcherbatov and consecrated in the name of St.. ZHoru martyr. In the 1820 m fixed second cousin of Field Marshal — Count Dmitry Ivanovich caudal. In 1861 Novoladozhsky merchant Yegor Ivanovich Ilinskiy built a stone bell tower and between the church and bell tower — a stone chapel in honor of the Holy Virgin provisions of garments, consecrated November 24, 1864. The church itself by this time had time to come into disrepair, and to maintain the ceiling set poles. The service was discontinued.
In 1876 and 1877 the church was corrected in the third time. For the repair of its citizens have donated 1,200 rubles per ticket. In addition, an amendment to the eating capital of 841 rubles 23 kopecks, formed from donated in 1855 by General Zimmerman ticket is 500 rubles, and accrued interest on it.
June 29, 1878 — a day of St.. Peter and Paul's Church was consecrated by Bishop Hermogen in the presence of the majestic leader's grandson — Serene Highness Prince Alexander Suvorov Abramovich.
The fate of the churches of Suzdal regiment in the XIX century is not quite clear. On the eve of the centenary of the death of day or Suvorov magazine "Scout" reported: "The Church of St.. Zhora, decrepit and dilapidated, the front part of its stone, apparently, significantly new extension to the rear of the wood of the church. Inconspicuously behind her no supervision or maintenance, repair, may not have had with the construction, because none of ladozhan not remember this "…" By honoring the memory of Generalissimo Suvorov Ladoga not particularly carefully prepared — sorry creator of "The Scout" — at the latest as I have so far heard nothing of the preparations for the majestic national holiday … Only on the initiative of the local military commander, and with funds donated ranks of management, local escort team, as the Warriors of the municipal militia, called upon to teach in the autumn of 1899, arranged Suvorovskaya Library, which was followed by a day of remembrance of Alexander Suvorov. "
Completely surrendering to God
Known and Kobrin church Suvorov. April 14, 1900 St. Michael the priest Konstantin wrote: "Right this St.. Peter and Paul Church, before its reconstruction in the years 1862-1864 at the expense of the parishioners (about 1000 rubles.), During his stay in Kobrin attended and perceived pro-active role in its worship services Generalissimo Prince Alexander Suvorov-Rymniksky. In this same church, Alexander Suvorov during his own recent visit to Kobrin in February and March 1800 fasted and prepared for death. On the occasion of the 1st week of Lent majestically unhealthy AV Suvorov got out of bed and throughout the first week to three times a day visiting sow a church with amazing zeal. Then he put countless bows, read in the choir and the Apostle to the enormous stress voice, sang with the singers, was angry with them when they sang disagrees with him, running from the 1st to the other choir or altar, rang the bell tower of the church at a low . Completely surrendering to God, AV Suvorov, despite the languid sickness and interdiction Life medic Veykarta strictly observed all the religious rituals and fasting, and even made a note on the interpretation of the commandments of God, ends with the words: "Be a Christian, and God himself will knows when to ".
Konchanskoe — St. Petersburg
The most recognizable temple associated with the name of the leader — the Church of St. Alexander Nevsky (Suvorov) Nicholas Academy of the General Staff (Tauris Street.). VV Klaving writes: "The wooden one-domed church, built on the orders of Alexander Suvo
rov in his estate — with. Konchanskoe Novgorod province. Consecrated on March 13, 1799 Moved to St. Petersburg except the bell tower and the porch in 1900 in connection with the 100th anniversary of the death of the leader of the day or. Collected under the control of the designer AI von Gauguin. To preserve enclosed by a stone gallery in 1901 and renovated and expanded in 1912. "
A sketch of the church, according to legend, inscribed by Suvorov. The temple was built of logs, and the outside is sheathed with boards. Above the entrance is the inscription commander: "But as for the abundance of Thy mercy vnidu into your house, and bowed himself toward the temple of your holy in thy STRAS." When we go to his estate, Suvorov visited everyday life, sang and read in the choir.
In 1900, the magazine "The Scout" wrote: "On the 4th week of Lent is stately manor Suvorovskaya church Konchanskoe Novgorod province Borovichsky County Nicholas Academy of the General Staff accepted on the spot, and then disassembled for transportation in St. Petersburg, at the Transfiguration of the parade ground."
To accept the Church and for the role on Wednesday or Thursday at the church celebration with High Resolution was sent a deputation from the Suvorov committee consisting of Lieutenant General Ripp, Colonel Myshlaevsky and collegiate adviser Stroganov.
"Triumph of the Church, — the" Prospector "- established with the blessing of the Archbishop of Novgorod Theognostus, held in the cathedral service with the local abbot Pope Leo Matveev Mass, prayer and memorial services in protsessionalnom transferring antiminsa clergy in the church of the village Sopina (4 miles from Konchanskoe ), followed by singing, "You praise God" and "God bless thy people" were filmed crosses, and then proceed to demolition of the church, under the specific control and supervision of a member of the building commission, the technique collegiate adviser Stroganoff. "
Thoroughly described in the journal and transportation boxes and accessories church Konchanskoe to the station. Borovichy, which claimed up to 500 sled. Borovichi transported from the property of a few trains arrived by rail at the station. Petersburg. Here it is taken clerk building commission Lieutenant Colonel Terent'ev and delivered to the parade ground conveyances all parts of the guard.
"On the parade ground — brings the creator of" The Scout "- cleaned the place for the church Guard units. The church will be collected under the supervision of the builder of new buildings Academy of Design background Gauguin and the same collegiate adviser Stroganov. With all of this to continue to clarify the question of the place of construction of the monument, the museum named after Suvorov church will be put on the chairs (without the base), and is enclosed by a wall of Time. "
Construction on the parade ground of the Transfiguration
"The Scout" kept a close watch over the fate of the Suvorov temple. April 18, 1900 the magazine told readers about the construction of which began on March 23 on the parade ground transported Konchanskoe Transfiguration Church: "At 11 am on a special platform clergy Guards Semenov regiment was committed to the proclamation of the Royal litany of Many Years and endless memory Generalissimo Suvorov. To the litany of relatives arrived late: his great-granddaughter of AA Kozlov, VV Molostova, captain of the Life Guards regiment AV Molostov and Colonel of the Life Guards Horse Artillery Brigade, Prince VN Masalskiy also chief Nicholas Academy the General Staff, Lieutenant-General Sukhotin, Major-General Voronov, Schlesser, Danilov, Orlov, designer K. Stroganov and other members of the commission Suvorov.
At the end of a litany clergy splashed started work and place of holy water. Then the General Staff, Lieutenant-General Sukhotin, referring to the lower ranks of the Guards Semenov regiment, said: "The great Suvorov began his service in your shelf.
For you, as the first had the good fortune to pray at the place where it will be placed Konchanskoe transported from the village church, specifically a church in which an unforgettable hot Suvorov was praying in front of his stately march, in which it was so bright immortalize Russian fighter. In this church Suvorov prayed in front of his well-known in the history of the Swiss campaign in which so distinguished himself your forefathers, these wonderful heroes — Russian soldiers.
Thank Guards Semenov regiment, and for you, my friends. "
Writes "Russian Invalid"
Details about the construction of the temple except Suvorov "Scout" shared with the readers and the newspaper "Russian Invalid": "During the second hour of day or April 6, Secretary of War, accompanied by Chief Nicholas Academy of the General Staff arrived at the Transfiguration to the assembly ground Suvorov Church, where he was met by members of the Suvorov and construction (for the construction of the buildings of the Academy) commissions.
Church at the present time brought under the roof, will soon be finished installing trusses and domes. In addition to some new columns that make up the skeleton of the church, the whole body of it is made of logs Suvorov time, collected in the same order as they were in the old wooden house. Progress of the assembly of the church reported technician architect K. Strogonov. On examination, defense minister carrying out the work had been submitted pictures facade of the church of the Suvorov time as expected and return it to that already followed by the blessing of the Holy Synod. At the church, instead of the existing bell tower (built in 1850) is meant to return the bell tower, as it is depicted on the engraving of Kotzebue, placed in the history of Suvorov-Field. Of random scraps (remnants) of logs an old Suvorov church will be built a small chapel in what is meant to place a vessel with filtered water and a cup to drink. The design of this chapel was presented the Minister of War academician Gauguin. The minister of the church went to the premises of the Life-Guards Horse-Artillery Brigade, which is temporarily stored iconostasis (an old and new), the type and other church utensils Suvorov church.
In the area of gang war minister was met by the brigade commander, Colonel Kuzmin-Karavaev battery commander and His Imperial Highness Prince Sergei Mikhailovich stateliness. After seeing the iconostasis, church utensils and form (renovating images made by the artist P. Koch, who volunteered to do this work for free, from a good zeal to work for the perpetuation of the memory of Generalissimo), the War Minister thanked the host for his work in their specific role: Major General Voronov, Academician F. Gauguin, KS Strogonov, P. Koch, Sergeant Major of the 145 th Infantry Regiment, Novocherkassk Stepanova, non-commissioned officers of the Life Guards Sapper Battalion and wished them coming of success in this holy cause. On the way to the barracks of the Life-Guards Horse-Artillery Brigade military minister surveyed areas Transfiguration of the parade ground, where will be built the structure of the academy and the building of the future of the Suvorov Museum. As you know, its main facade of the academy will go on ivory street to the Suvorov Museum is currently being designed parade ground, a place on the corner of the Main Street against the barracks of the Guards Horse-Artillery Brigade. "
From the consecration before demolition
August 30, 1896 — a day of St. Prince Alexander Nevsky, Nicholas General Staff Academy was dedicated to the memory icon favorite died monarch ruler Alexander Alexandrovich, built by subscription officers, officials at the academy. The icon of St. Alexander Nevsky and the St George ZHoru wrote a famous artist Dmitriev-Orenburg.
After the blessing of the icon was a memorial service for deceased members of the royal fa
mily. At the prayer service was attended by head of the academy, officials at the Academy of generals, staff officers, bureaucrats and officers — participants of both classes of the academy.
The church carefully preserved things associated with the memory of Suvorov: about pulpit lectern placed on the Apostle, which he read for the service, and the image of the Savior with a whisk, where he had been let into a diamond ring, donated by Catherine stateliness. This image has visited all the campaigns of the leader. In addition, the temple was home relic — the icon of Saint Adrian and Natalia — a gift to Catherine the stateliness of days daughter's wedding with Count Suvorov Natalia Zubov. Near the temple was a bust of the leader of the NI Rukavishnikova. In 1904, next to the church was designed by architects A. von Gauguin and GD Grimm building created for the Museum of Suvorov.
According to various sources, it is clear that in the 20 years the church was closed and demolished in 1930. According to other sources, church already dismantled in 1925.