The boat has two new rockets launchers Merhab, which rise up to start, and instead of a 40-mm gun mount aft radar is system illumination, which operates in continuous wave mode, which is designed to detect air targets at different altitudes, and to determine their bearing, the circular speed and range. The largest range of acts of this station is more than 100 km.
Outside the missile itself Merhab is similar to the existing U.S. anti-aircraft guided missile medium-range distance (often used as an antiship rocket) RIM-66B Standard 1MR. SAM "Standard-1MR" (RIM-66) — is the basic rocket family Standard-ER. As for 1974 and 1978 years Iran was able to get 144 missiles RIM-66B Standard 1MR in container execution. As for launchers Merhab and RIM-66B in container performance, they, like the missiles are also similar. It can be concluded that the missiles Merhab — not a new development and modernization of the U.S. missile RIM-66B, which are already in service with the Iranian military.
Such missiles are 5 main sections: the head, the autopilot, the warhead (BC), the motor, and tail:
• Head compartment closed using radio transparent plastic fairing rounded. It is a radar homing signal processing unit, and a radio controlled fuses bortovik. Seeker provides a performance target search, and the seizure of its support for a homing missile. The whole process of management of missile flight performed by bortovik, autopilot and inertial guidance unit.
• In the bay there is a block autopilot autopilot elektrobatareya and converter.
• In the Bay warhead warhead is a rod or high-explosive type, which is undermining the radar fuze (in modified models of rockets and a contact fuse occurs, triggered by a stroke). For non-hazardous operation and transportation of warhead is connected to a system with safety adapter, which has four degrees of protection.
• In the engine compartment, single chamber placed engine, running on hard fuel.
• The aft compartment located on the motor nozzle, and actuators for controlling the aerodynamic mechanisms of piloting.
According to Iranian descriptions, Merhab is a dual-purpose missile and can be used both for the destruction of sea or ground targets and air. The missile is armed with radar guidance head having two channels — semi-active and passive.
Semi-active homing — the guidance system, with which the missile is guided by radar echoes coming from the target, the radar has the generated carrier or pointer, a role which in most cases is the aircraft.
Passive homing — homing system, through which rocket focuses on made to the radio signal. This system provides a homing DF guidance for all ranges of radio frequencies. Modern passive radar system equipped function of "remembering" the source location and able to refocus on more missiles unsafe place for the aircraft radio sources, such as, for example, the radar target illumination.
The main mode when shooting at targets in the air used semi-active radar homing, which works with lighting with special shipboard radar. To defeat the radio-emitting sea, air and land targets, jammers also used passive radar homing mode. Most missile range Merhab when shooting, according to the developers, is up to 75 km.