IS-2M

At the end with a step majestically Russian war weary main Russian tank IS-2 was made in 1943 by designers Chelyabinsk Kirov Plant (CHKZ). In the same year, the latest military vehicle to mass creation. Until terminated in the middle of 1945 was 3483 IS-2, with 60 of them gathered in the Leningrad Kirov Plant on reduced.

This car remained in service with the Russian Army just before the start of the 60s. The planned her replacement IS-3 had significant design flaws that hampered operation of the tank in the army. The heavy tank IS-4 has also proved difficult to operate and maintain. At the same time, the IS-2 completely suited to the Army as a reliable technical level and the usual fighting machine. Because in 1954, was made a big upgrade of the JS-2 to extend its life.

Was withdrawn aft turret machine gun, ammunition load increment of 35 shots, entered the lift mechanism with guns who donate link. Glass (triplex) of the driver changed the periscope prism, and in addition, set up night vision device TVN-2 or NRZ. Engine V-2-10 was changed to B-54K-IS with maslozakachivayuschey system, fuel injection heater NICS-1 and VTI-2 air cleaner with dust extraction from the hopper. Was set box with oil pump and oil cooling system, introduced its rigid attachment to the back of the support. Strengthened housing units rollers and idlers, have changed the gland seals. Number of packs increment from 2-to 4. Set the radio to the P-113 and the tank intercom P 120 post-war construction. Upgraded so makarom tanks were designated IS-2M. They were armed with languid tank-propelled regiments and most have been changed in the Army T-10 tanks.

In addition to the Red Army tanks IS-2 operated by the Polish Army. 71 combat machine was assigned to the formation of the 4th and 5th regiments languid tanks. During the fighting in Pomerania 4th Regiment languid tanks destroyed 31 enemy tanks, losing at all it's own 14. Both regiments took part in the Battle of Berlin. The plan was to form two more regiments — the 6th and 7th, but do not have time — ended the war. By the end of the fighting in the Polish Army left 26 IS-2 (21 Red Army returned the car, while others have been lost in battle.) The remaining tanks and went after the war of the Polish 7th languid Tank Regiment.

In the period after the war, the IS-2 arrived at armament and the Czechoslovak Army. First, the 1950s a small number of IS-2 delivered to China. In Korea, the Chinese volunteers used them against the Yankees. According to U.S. intelligence Chinese troops in Korea had four separate tank regiments, each of which consisted of 4 mouth of T-34-85, and one company of the IS-2 (5 tanks each).

During the war in Indochina, the French army faced the IS-2, which gave China Vietnam. One tank "Panther," who had the French, was brought to Vietnam for testing anti-tank IS-2. Cuba received two regiments IS-2M first-1960s. After 30 years, at least 15 "isov" used there as a coastal defense emplacements.

Around that time, the IS-2 has received and the DPRK. On the basis of the JS-2 were made languid self-propelled artillery system (ACS) ISU-152 and ISU-122. Until the termination of mass production in the III quarter of 1945 was 4635 self-propelled guns of both types. So Makar, languid artsamohodov total production exceeded the number of tanks made languid IS-2. Self-propelled guns ISU-152 and ISU-122 operated by the Russian Army until the end of the 60s. With all of this ISU-152 upgraded twice.
First upgrade was made in 1956. Then, on the roof of the cabin installed with the unit commander's cupola TPKU and family observation, Consumer Goods. Ammunition-gun howitzer ML-20S increment up to 30 shots, which required the location of the internal configuration of the equipment the crew compartment and additional boeukladok. Instead of sight ST-10 set an improved telescopic sight of PS-10. All machines have mounted anti-aircraft machine gun DShKM gun with 300 rounds of ammunition. ACS put the engine on the B-54K with an ejection cooling system capacity of 520 hp Fuel capacity increment up to 1280 liters. Has been improved lubrication system, redesigned radiator. In connection with the ejection motor cooling system external fixation changed fuel tanks. Set the radio to the RT-10 and TC-47.

Mass self-propelled guns rose to 47.2 tonnes, but the dynamic properties remain the same. Progress in store increased to 360 km. Upgraded so makarom ACS were designated ISU-152K.

Second version of the modernization was designated ISU-152M. The machine is set up units of the JS-2M DShKM antiaircraft machine gun with 250 rounds of ammunition and night vision devices.

In the process of repair Polga underwent some changes and self-propelled gun ISU-122. For example, since 1958, full-time radio station and TPU replaced by the radio station "Garnet" and TPU P-120.

Besides Russian Army ISU-152 and ISU-122 operated by the Polish Army. As part of the 13th and 25th regiments of self-propelled artillery, they took part in the battles graduating in 1945. In the postwar years, the ISU-152 and received Czechoslovak People army.

First, the 60s one regiment armed ISU-152, was part of the army of Egypt. November 7th, 1957 on Red Square in Moscow for the first time were self-defense systems. Among them were the first versions of launchers tactical rockets (at the then ordering — rockets — NURS) such as "Feelin 'languid made on the basis of the JS-2. In general, they were in service for long, because it is more appropriate basis for comparable rockets were mild light tank.
Propelled starting unit 8U-218 (to 803) for the missile complex tactical mission 8K11 (by ordering NATO — SS-1b Scud A) based on the IS-2 did in 1956. A year later it started to create a batch, just released 56 launch units. Each crew consisted of 5 people. Vehicle weight of 40 tonnes developed a speed of 41 km / h In store stroke was 300 km. At the end of the 50s was adopted by the complex 8K14 (SS-1c Scud B) with more than the heavy missile. As a starting unit used machine 2P19 also on the basis of the JS-2 is very similar to the preceding. In a new set of forces began to flow in 1961. Since 1965, the starting unit 9P117 complex 8K14 is based on a four-MAZ-543 "Hurricane." First, the 60s in the armed forces modernization programs from states — participants of the Warsaw Contract missile systems 8K14 with launchers on the basis of the JS-2 entered service armies of Poland, Czechoslovakia, East Germany, Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria.
The large mass of languid tanks and self-propelled guns IP ISU has caused a need in the respective retriever. In this case, did the same as a tank KB — as tractors used line tanks with turrets removed. A certain number of such machines used in 1945. With a mass of 35 t tractor had drawbar pull 28 ton, but had no winch. First 50's car has been upgraded — the hole in the roof of a tower case closed lid, which installed the commander's cupola of the IS-2. In the 60 years following the withdrawal from service of IP-2M such makarom pererablotali still a certain amount of "machines.

Another type of evacuation and repair of the tractor w
as created on the basis of the ISU-122, after the ACS as a standard in the late 50s was adopted ISU-152. Tractor ISU-T is a self-propelled gun with everyday dismantled gun and brewed porthole. First, the 60s came into service two tractor on the same basis — Armor-1 and BTT-1T. The machine frame BTT-1 has undergone changes priemuschestvenno in the frontal part. The lower front plate welded box-type damper two stops to push tanks with logs. Was changed and the cabin roof is welded to the support braces for growth with stiffness. In the engine room, located in the middle of the hull, positioned winch (tractive force 25 ton, the working rope length 200 m) from the power take-off from the engine. Management winch produced driver-mechanic from the engine room, in which for this purpose were the second seat and two lever. In the rear of the car was located vomeronasal device to stop the ground. On the tractor installed collapsible crane lifting capacity of 3 tons boom with manual transmission. On the roof of the power pack was loading platform, designed to carry up to 3 tons of cargo. Towing equipment truck was equipped with two-way shock absorption cushioning and rigid drawbar. The machine was installed engine B-54 EAST, it was a feature of the crankshaft taken from the engine B-12-5. NIGHT MODE to traffic a driver possessed a night BVN device. Mass of the tractor was 46 tons crew consisted of 2 persons. On the tractor instead of BTT-1T winch kept within a set time attendance or modernized handling equipment, designed for traction 15 mc.

Besides Russian Army units BTT-1 consisted armed and abroad, namely in Egypt. Several of these machines was captured by Israel in 1967 and 1973.

Like this post? Please share to your friends: