Design Bureau developed the experimental plant number 100 in 1945, under the control of Joseph Yakovlevich Kotin, head designer Russian heavy tanks and self-propelled guns since then. Unlike other self-propelled experienced, ISU-152-1 and ISU-152-2, which were only just extraordinary rearmament serial machines, ISU-152 mod. 1945 was a very modern design. The adoption of a heavy tank IS-3 has set the most experienced designers of the plant puzzle number 100 on the development of the respective ACS on its database. Since the IS-3 was radically redesigned IS-2 from the standpoint of body armor, automatic control system based on it is also designed as an analog serial ISU-152 based on the IS-2 with an advanced booking.
Stronger protection was achieved both through the thickness of the growth reservations and placing it under a more profitable angles to counter the effect of armor-piercing projectiles. Developers hulls successfully coped with this task: the forehead was a solid set an armor rolled width of 120 mm, inclined at an angle of 50 ° to the vertical. For comparison, at the ISU-152 serial frontal bronedetali had a thickness of 90 mm and the angle of inclination of 30 ° to the vertical. Reservations masks brought guns to 160 mm, and with the anti-recoil devices bronekozhuhom total maximum thickness bookings reached 320 mm guns. Due to the redesign of the crew compartment the total mass of all ACS has increased only 1.3 tons compared with standard ISU-152. For severe ACS ICS-152 standard in 1945, a record low total height of the machine — 2240 mm. In the middle of the most experienced and serial Russian SAU times majestically Russian war ISU-152 standard in 1945 was the most protected from enemy fire. Her head-booking was on fire even withstand the forces of the powerful German Pak 43 anti-tank gun.
Design Bureau Fyodor Petrov for the newest ACS has developed the latest modification of the gun-howitzer ML-20cm, the idea of creation of which was put forward in 1943. A more fundamental difference from its serial ML-20S was the lack of a muzzle brake, which made feasible the firing of a gun in the presence of troops on armored self-propelled guns.
But the desire to get the highest protection for fixed dimensions and weight turned fully expected drawback — tightness in the fighting compartment self-propelled guns. Rejection of the muzzle brake design tools has led to an increase in its length rollback to 900 mm and profitable angles windshield reservation claimed postpone the place of the driver in the left part of the big crew compartment. Proving ground tests conducted have shown that it is the placement reduces the viewing space and excessive fatigue of the driver due to the huge vibration amplitudes hulls when driving over uneven surfaces ACS. As a result, the ISU-152 standard in 1945 has not been taken by the Red Army and the standard was not performed. Released only experienced this self-propelled model currently being exhibited at the Museum of Armored in Kubinka.
Description of construction
ISU-152 standard in 1945 had the same assembly as the Russian serial ACS since then (except for the SU-76). One hundred percent of the armored hull was divided into two parts. The crew, weapons and ammunition were located in front of the armored cockpit, which cooperated military branch and department management. The engine and transmission were installed in the rear of the vehicle.
Body armor and cutting
Self-propelled armored hull welded from rolled armor plate width of 120, 90, 60, 30 and 20 mm. The armor protection of differentiated, protivosnaryadnaya. Armour plate, cutting and casing are installed at optimal angles of inclination. The recoil mechanism guns defended motionless cast armored casing and movable cast mantle result, any of these items has a thickness up to 160 mm in the more exposed parts of the hostile fire.
Three members of the crew were placed on the left of the gun: in front of a driver, then the gunner, and rear — loader. Commander of the machine and the castle were right from the gun. Landing and the crew carried out through four hatches on the roof of the cabin. Round service outlet on the left of the gun is also used to display the outward extension panoramic sight. The case also had Hold emergency escape hatch for the crew of self-propelled guns and a number of small hatches for loading ammunition, access to the fuel tanks, other sites and aggregates car.
The main armament ISU-152 standard in 1945 was a gun-howitzer ML-20cm caliber of 152.4 mm with a piston closure. Ballistics gun was similar to the previous embodiment ML-20. With the instrument was paired mnogokaliberny DShK 12.7 mm. Dual installation mounted in a frame on the frontal armor plate cutting machine centerline stripes. Its vertical viewing hum ranged from -1 ° 45 'to +18 °, traverse limited sector at 11 °. Blank range at a target height of 2.5-3 m of 800-1000 m, shot point-blank range — 3.8 km, long range shooting — about 13 km. Shot performed by means of electronic or manual mechanical shutter, the practical rate — 2.1 shots per minute.
Ammunition gun was 20 rounds of separate loading. The shells were placed along both sides of the cabin, the charges — the same as on the bottom of the crew compartment and the rear cabin wall.
To protect against an attack from the air ACS equipped with a second, anti-aircraft machine gun mnogokalibernym ANC on a rotating turret with loader's hatch with the red-dot sight K-10T. Ammunition of the paired and anti-aircraft guns was 300 rounds of ammunition.
For self crew had two machine guns (submachine gun) or PPS PPS and several hand grenades F-1.
ISU-152 standard in 1945 was equipped with four-stroke V-shaped 12-cylinder diesel engine, V-2-IC capacity of 520 liters. s. (382 kW). Starting the motor provides electronic starter ST-700 capacity of 15 liters. s. (11 kW) or compressed air from a 2-tank capacity of 10 liters in the fighting compartment cars. Diesel V-2IS equipped with high-pressure fuel pump NK-1 with variable speed governors RNA-1 and proofreader fuel supply. To clean the air entering the engine was used filters such as "Multi-cyclone." Also in the engine-transmission unit installed thermosiphon heater to facilitate starting the engine in cold season and the crew compartment heating machine. ISU-152 standard in 1945 had three fuel tanks, two of which were located in the fighting compartment, and one — in the power pack. Total capacity of the internal fuel tanks is 540 liters. Also equipped with a self-propelled gun with 2 additional external fuel tanks (each 90 liters), not related to the fuel system of the engine.
ACS ICS-152 standard in 1945 was equipped with a manual, which included:
multi-disc main clutch dry friction "steel Ferodo";
four-speed with dual (8 forward and 2 reverse);
two on-board two-stage planetary rotation mechanism with multi-locking clutch dry friction "steel on steel" and the band brake;
two-lane combined board gear.
Suspension at ISU-152 standard 1945 personal torsion for each of the 6-piece gable small diameter rollers on ea
ch side. Next to each track roller hulls were welded to the beams suspension travel stops. Drive wheels with removable gear rings lantern meshing placed behind, and sloths were similar road wheels. The upper branch caterpillar supported by 3 small solid rubber support rollers on each side. The mechanism of the track tension — the spiral; any track consisted of 86 trucks odnogrebnevyh 650 mm wide.
Posting in ACS ICS-152 standard in 1945 was a single-wire, the second wire served hulls machine. Sources of energy (working voltage of 12 V and 24 V) were generator G-73 with the relay-regulator RRT-24 1.5 kW and four alternately connected batteries from 6-STE-128 with total capacity of 256 A · h Electricity consumers incorporate:
external and internal lighting machinery, lighting devices sights and scales measuring devices;
an external audio signal and the signal circuit of the landing crew to the machine;
measuring instruments (ammeter and voltmeter);
electric trigger gun;
means of communication — the radio station, sighting and tank intercom;
electrical motor group — the electric inertia starter reel candle winter start the engine, etc.
Surveillance and sights
All access doors for entry and landing crew had periscopes Mk IV to observe the surroundings inside the machine (only 4 pieces), more such device is installed in the cabin roof. The driver was watching a special periscope device in the cabin roof.
For firing self-propelled gun was equipped with with 2 gun sights — Breaking telescopic TS-17K for direct fire and panoramic Hertz firing from concealed positions. Telescopic sight TSH-17K was graded on aimed fire at a distance of up to 1500 m range shot but the 152-mm howitzer-gun was up to 13 km, and for shooting at a distance of 1500 m (both direct fire and from the closed position), the gunner had to use a second, panoramic sight. To provide coverage through the upper left round hatch in the roof of the cabin was equipped with a special panoramic sight extension. To ensure the ability of the fire in the dark scales sights were lighting devices.
Means of communication
Means of communication contained a radio 10RK-26 and an intercom TPU-4-4 Bispham subscriber. For a more comfortable self-propelled guns targeting the commander had a special one-way lighting systems due to the driver-mechanic.
The radio 10RK-26 is a set of transmitter and receiver umformerov (one-anchor motor-generators) for their food to be connected to the power-supply voltage of 24 V.
10RK-26 was technically simplex lamp heterodyne shortwave radio station operating in the frequency range from 3.75 to 6 MHz (or wavelengths from 50 to 80 m). In the parking lot the communication range in a telephone (voice) mode, which is about 20-25 km, the move is somewhat diminished. A huge range of communication could be obtained in CW operation when the information was transmitted in Morse code telegraph key, or other discrete encoding system. Frequency stabilization was carried removable quartz crystal, also had a smooth frequency tuning. 10RK-26 allows you to immediately conduct bond by 2-fixed frequencies (with the above-mentioned possibility of fine adjustment) for their change of use other quartz crystal resonator of 8 pairs of complete radio station.
Tank intercom TPU-4-Bispham allowed to negotiate between the members of the crew ACS, even in very noisy environment and connect the headset headset (headphones and throat microphone) to the radio for external communications.