Some informed source from the military said the South American government with the participation of Israeli advisers almost two years, was intended formation of the Arab military units for confrontation against Iran, but these samples have suffered misfortune, and the United States from their abandoned.
Americans called the combined units of the Arab countries of the "Arab NATO." In this union of "regional defense" against Iran were to enter the army and other countries — such as Jordan and North Africa.
Military source in Tehran reported that the preparation of this plan started with the war in Libya, in what was the role of some countries in the region — for example, Qatar. Increased fear and the crisis in Bahrain, which threatened the existence of the "American Salafism" in the Gulf region.
Americans believed that there was a good case they destroy one shot 2-hares. After the unification of the armies of the members of the Cooperation Council in-1's, their military needs would increase, and the United States could implement them even more expensive weapons. In-2, would be created army against Iran, which would provoke a war between Shiites and Sunnis, and at the same time, the military would release part of the western states of the need to concretely participate in a fight with Iran. B-3, the Americans sought immediately with the conclusion of their own troops from Iraq and Afghanistan to make new forms of self-presence in the region. B-4, the problem would be solved spread of the "Arab Spring" in the Arab Gulf States, having strategically crucial to the U.S..
To realize this purpose the following actions were taken:
1. Having formed a military unit under the title "Island shield", Saudi Arabia intervened in Bahrain
2. Council Cooperation began its consideration of the question of whether it is possible to include in your own makeup Jordan and North Africa.
3. Arab Gulf countries have agreed to act as a NATO missile defense shield, the main centers of which are located in the current time along the European borders of the Russian Federation and Turkey.
4. U.S. tried to draw the Arab countries — such as Saudi Arabia and Qatar, in regional conflicts in Lebanon and Syria, that they have not been working the way and they were obliged to increase its military power. However, some evidence suggests that this plan still had to turn away for a number of reasons:
1. Apparently, the Arab countries in the region said the United States, in view of the domestic situation and the situation in the army, they are not so willing to take a constructive approach towards Iran and build up tension in the relations with this country — first in the field of politics and security, and later in the military level.
2. According to some reports, the Arab countries are afraid that if they supported the plan, in the event of a war between Iran and the West (especially Israel), they will become "the first victims of" revenge Tehran. Because they politely rejected the U.S. proposal does not even go to such great risk.
3. As reported by some sources from the military, the Arab countries secretly concluded that Americans want to pass on to them all the military operations in the region and in relation to their socio-economic difficulties uniformly reduce its concrete presence. This possibility scares the Arab countries, the internal situation in which the current time, as ever, is under threat. Because maybe they are trying to prevent the U.S. to give up their own military responsibilities in the region.
4. Between members of the GCC have a severe conflict, and they under no circumstances do not agree with the leadership of Saudi Arabia. This is contrary to the requirements of analysts from the Atlantic Council of the United States that at least some effective military defense contract requests cramped Union in the region.
In the middle of all the members of the Cooperation Council for the most powerful army — in Saudi Arabia, but because of the fact that most of the Member States pessimistic gaze at the leadership of this country, most likely, they do not want to charge some kind of regional organization under the control of the Saudis to deal with their future security.
In 2010, the share of Saudi Arabia accounted for 40% of total military expenditures of Near East and North Africa. This country is home to two-thirds of the total population of GCC member countries. Approximately the same portion of the Cooperation Council are the Saudi military. Half military aircraft GCC also put Saudi Arabia. Because it is logical that some other Gulf countries are concerned that the joint military organization will be under the control of Saudi Arabia, and for this reason, resisting the efforts of Riyadh to strengthen co-operation of the Council.