Activities for repackaging Ka-29:
1. Equipping the helicopter is one hundred percent the latest digital "glass cockpit", which in turn will allow rid of the massive Russian equipment design and saved with all this weight can be used to set the light side armor either side conformal fuel tanks for the search and rescue version of the Ka- 33.
2. Increasing the length of the landing cockpit from 4.5 m to 5.5 m due to the complete liberation of the tail section of all avionics equipment. This can be achieved removing the onboard systems in place to ensure the ability of shock, as the movement of other equipment available on the shelves behind the cockpit. Equipping the helicopter with modern digital systems and equipment to increment the overall size and weight of the avionics that will claim less space for installation.
3. Increasing the height of the cab to the landing 1.5-1.6 m by lowering the floor on her 20-30cm. It should be ensured the elimination of the central compartment of arms and decreasing altitude podkabinnyh fuel tanks while increasing their size by placing the tank under the entire floor area of the landing cockpit. This will allow to save the available amount of fuel on board, or even to increment it in the application of conformal tanks on board. Podkabinnye fuel tanks will need to be self-sealing, and the floor of the cabin must protect the crew and troops from bullets of small guns of 7.62 mm.
4. Increasing the width of the cockpit landing at 20-30cm up to 1.5-1.6 m by increasing the width of the fuselage of the helicopter to its front. In other words, the width of the fuselage helicopter should be similar throughout its length and fit the width of the front part of the fuselage of the Ka-29.
5. Abolition of the system mounts the suspension arms on the outer pylons, which will allow to save takeoff weight, which is useful for reservations or additional growth of supplies of fuel.
6. Move and change the landing door cab. The door on the left side you need to change the sinking stern ramp that will claim redesign of the tail boom. Virtually to move the tail support above the stabilizer fastened to the lower part struts arranged above stabilizers. Dorsal compartment of the equipment, which is available in the APU and cabin heating system will smoothly run across the tail support. The lower surface of the tail boom should be flat and placed on the same level with stabilizers to allow passage underneath a person full size. So Makar, the position of the stabilizers and fins with respect to the fuselage and the ground will not change. Tail support to do the least cumbersome to reduce its weight, to avoid displacement of the center of mass of helicopter in connection with the raising of the tail boom. And in the design of stabilizers, keels, rudders height and direction should really use composite materials. The door on the starboard side near the cockpit of the helicopter can be thrown without changes.
7. The number of Marines on board the need to bring up to 20 people. 10 folding seats positioned along the left side, 9 folding seats along the right side and the folding chair Airborne division commander in the cockpit. Commander of the amphibious group purposefully positioned between the pilot to include it in the process of selecting a landing site for a helicopter landing in the incarnation-1's, and in-2, to increase its operational awareness of the tactical situation on the site of intended landing landing.
8. You also need to modify the system of securing cargo on the outside of the suspension. It will be a need for a frisky securing cargo on the outside of the suspension and is as frisky disconnecting them for landing, especially when you consider that the ability of the shipping inside the cockpit landing is very limited its small volume.
The implementation of the above activities will allow to better the conditions of stay Marines on board the helicopter landing and reduce the speed of loading the helicopter personnel of the Marine Corps, easier loading and unloading.
I assume that is so important configuration of the helicopter structure seem to someone unnecessarily complex and expensive. But the development of the new helicopter from the ground up to be even more manifest and labor-intensive. And if you take into account current development time Russian rotorcraft technology we can safely imagine that a new marine helicopter made the first flight no earlier than 2020, and its special modifications will be adopted by the Navy closer to 2030. With all of this does not have to be a spice to realize that the SC-27 does not meet modern requirements for ASW helicopter, and after 2015, the same can be said about the SC-31, as AEW helicopter. On the basis of the KA-33 by 2017 could be done ASW helicopters and AWACS, saving all these huge funds and precious time. Significant time required for the creation of an entirely new helicopter will result in turn lost profit from potential export contracts not concluded at this time.
World helicopter many examples of successful modernization of helicopters, which not only extended the life to them, and endowed entirely new properties or significantly ennobled their perform
ance characteristics. Hunt to lead the modernization of the heavy transport helicopter CH-53 Sea Stallion in a CH-53E Super Stallion, and then in a version of the CH-53K, which will go into operation after 2015. In the process of modernization of CH-53, has committed its own first flight in 1964, its maximum take-off weight has increased from 19 tons to 38 tons doubled in CH-53K, and the capacity has tripled — from 5 to 15 tons. By the way, the U.S. Navy plans to operate the CH-53K and 60-ies XXI century.
There are examples of this, and in Russia, the famous Mi-8, turning into a Mi-17 implements laid in his first modernization potential, not exhausted before the end of the first and the XXI century. I believe that the Ka-29 has all the chances to repeat the success of the Mi-8 and become an indispensable analog for the Navy of the Russian Federation, despite the fact that he did not find himself in the role of "Mi-24 for the Navy." Because the Mi-8 was the Mi-17 and Mi-171SH, so does
SC-29 should be SC-33 — transport helicopter for the Navy and Marine Corps of. Logical and economically feasible would be to develop on the basis of the KA-33 ASW helicopters and AWACS. These special modifications would carry his service in the Russian Navy after 2017 and could provide export orders in the long term.
Our home is almost always goes his own way, is no exception and helicopter. In fact, all that is natural for the world, not of course for Russia. As a result, the Russian military hardware is not similar to the one that produces whole rest of the world, this is often fine, but not always, because "reinvent the wheel" over and over again is getting more and more expensive!