The number of officially confirmed victims of severe flooding in Manila, Philippines has reached 92, after last night, the National Council on disaster risk reduction (NSSRSB) countries received the latest reports from the provinces adjacent to the metropolis, four people are reported missing, said on Monday the news portal GMA News.
Previously reported on the death of 60 people.
In just two days last week in the capital of the Philippines had more monthly rainfall, as a result of the river in the Greater Manila overflowed, and the water at the peak of the flood completely flooded more than half of the giant metropolis with a population of 12 million people. Rescuers were forced to evacuate directly from the streets of people standing up to their necks in water.
According to preliminary estimates NSSRSB from catastrophe, affecting over 3.3 million people in the Philippine capital, and in the interim evakotsentrah are still more than 418,000. Catastrophe, almost completely destroyed 3,000 homes and damaged 5.5 thousand buildings, at least 86 roads and three bridges are still impassable for vehicles.
Russian President Vladimir Putin expressed his condolences to his Philippine counterpart Benigno Aquino III at the loss of life caused by severe flooding, announced August 10 the Kremlin website.
"Vladimir Putin has sent a telegram of condolences to the President of the Philippines Benigno Aquino III in connection with loss of life and serious damage caused by floods in Manila" — said in a statement on the website.
Every year during the rainy season from June to December in the Philippine archipelago falls about 20 storms and typhoons. The sad record for the number of victims while holding typhoon in 1991 that killed 6,000 people Philippine island of Leyte.