VGO-robot. Lessons for the robot.

7-year-old Devon Carrow-Sperduti (Devon Carrow-Sperduti) from New York, suffers from a fatal allergic reactions to many foods and even smells. His illness means that he has to spend most of his life in isolation. But the boy's parents, felt that a deadly allergy should not deny the boy with peers and even more to study at school. So they made the decision — instead send the boy to school … robot!

Now, instead of Devon goes to school robotic device that serves as a communicator between Devon and his peers and teachers. Thus he Devon sits safely in his bedroom, five kilometers away from the school. The amazing technology called «« VGO-robot »», has an interactive screen with which Devon interact with classmates, despite the fact that he has never met them face to face.

Devon robot has its own table in the classroom and can answer the teacher's questions, using flashing lights, and without raising his hand. "Children do not call the car VGO — they call him the Devon — says the boy's mother. — It helps son did not feel social recluse, he goes to school, just like any other child. He is obliged to do everything that every child is doing in class. "

The technology works like this — on the table in Devon in the bedroom and on top of the machine up with the growth of primary school pupils are located high-resolution cameras that transmit signals via a wireless connection. So Devon sees his teacher, the board and the other children in the class. The robot moves the school along with other students on two wheels as the Segway.

Now the visual presence and participation of boys in the classroom provides a robot, manufactured by «VGo Communications» and acquired two thousand dollars. The robot, capable of transmitting audio-visual information in both directions, is in the classroom, and Devon — in a specially designed corner of his mother for teaching.

Being unable to go to school, Devon follow a strict diet, he only eats corn, apples and potatoes. Even the smell of fabric softener can cause the boy stops breathing.

"Devon greatly suffer from allergies, which can be fatal! — Renee said, the boy's mother. — Many of the allergens in the air, and we just can not risk his life by allowing him to communicate with other children. Three times he got to the emergency room after a fatal reaction and was hospitalized numerous times. I can not ask each child in the school is constantly wash your hands, brush your teeth and rinse your mouth if he came into contact with any nuts. This is not right and not fair, but I also do not think that Devon has to be prevented from proper childhood, so the robot is the ideal solution. "

http

(426)

Like this post? Please share to your friends: