GTSPAP and VI Defense Ministry them. VP Chkalov (Lipetsk) — 60 years

Today marks the 60th anniversary of the founding of the 4th State of the Order of the Red Banner of Lenin aviation training center and military trials of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation named VP Chkalov, reported the press service of the Office of Information and Defense Ministry.

 

Currently, the Center is the main base for the study of combat capabilities of the MiG-29, MiG-31, Su-24, Su-25, Su-27, Su-30, Su-34, Tu-22M3, Tu-95 and their modifications as well as the Mi-24, Mi-28MN, Ka-50 and Ka-52, followed by introduction of the practice of the Air Force (IAF) developments obtained in the course of flight experiments.

Since the establishment of the Center is mastered over 40 major types of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles, has trained more than 60 thousand officers from various specialties, retrained for new aviation equipment 11 cosmonauts of the USSR, were serving 32 of the Hero of the Soviet Union and the Russian Federation.

Air Force Center for combat use (the original name) was established April 19, 1953 in Tambov. It included the Higher Aviation Courses blind and night training pilots — Air Force officers and the 4th Fighter training center. Since 1954, housed in the city of Voronezh.

In 1960 he relocated to a compound in the town of Lipetsk and transformed into a center deployment and retraining pilots of the Air Force. In 2011 he was awarded the title "State of the Order of Lenin Red aviation training center and military trials of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation named VP Chkalov. " In the same year, it was composed of long-distance aviation centers, transport and military aviation, and in 2009 — Aircraft Demonstration Centre named after IP Kozheduba (Kubinka).

The staff of the Centre took part in the exercise to test the atomic bomb on Totsky range in 1954, showed the combat capabilities of the Sukhoi Su-24 on the teachings of "Spring 75", one of the first mastered in the 1980s, aircraft of the 4th generation Su -27 and MiG-29 and developing guidance documents for their use in combat units.

In 1992, the pilots of the Center made the first tactical aircraft flight to the United States in the Su-27, in 1995 — 36 had a mock fight with the pilots of South Africa and all won.

Pilots involved in the aerospace aviation center salons "MAKS-2007", "MAKS-2009" and "MAKS-2011", where combat aircraft Su-27 and Su-30 demonstrated maneuverable dogfight and group aerobatics.

In 2006, 2008, 2009 and 2011. Center participated in the international exhibition of arms and military equipment in Nizhny Tagil, May 9, 2008, 2009 and 2010. — In the air parade on Red Square, as well as in the teachings of "Frontier — 2005" collective security of the CIS countries, "Center-2008", "Interaction-2008", "West-2009", "Vostok-2010", "Union Shield -2011 ".

December 20, 2011 the Centre was handed Battle Banner and letters to the President of the Russian Federation. In 2012, 57 crew operational and tactical, military and transport aircraft involved in the air festival "General sky", dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Russian Air Force.

Since 1997, the head of the Center is to Major-General Alexander Harchevsky.

Like this post? Please share to your friends: