Defendants in the case of the riots turned to the Prosecutor General of Belarus to investigate the facts of torture used in the KGB detention center.
They need to stop "legal frenzy and vsedazvolenasts people in uniform, taking place in the country today and in the KGB detention center in particular."
According to the authors of the February 28, ex-presidential candidate Ales Mikhalevich issued a statement which outlined the specific facts of torture that have been applied to him and other Belarusian citizens in the KGB detention center.
"Belarus and the international community, without exaggeration, are shocked by these facts. Advocates have already demanded from you to investigate the facts and punish those responsible," the statement said.
The authors claims require an independent — with the help of international experts — to investigate the facts of violence, abuse and torture of detainees in the case on December 19. Immediately check the conditions of detention in the KGB detention center of the presidential candidates and their teams working methods of the KGB during the investigation. As well as the unconditional release of all political prisoners in prisons.
The statement was signed by:
- Ex-presidential candidate Vitaly Rymashevski
- trustee Ex-presidential candidate Vladimir Neklyaeva Sergei Wozniak
- head of election headquarters of former presidential candidate Andrei Dmitriev Vladimir Neklyaeva
- head of election headquarters of former presidential candidate Andrei Sannikov, Vladimir Kobets
- vice-chairman "Young Front" Anastasia Palazhanka
- the leader of the youth wing of the United Civil Party, Oleg Korban
- editor of charter97.org Natalia Radin.