01. Straight through the plant. From 1927 to 1994 enterprise was called "The plant number 24 it. Frunze," because at the entrance is a bust of MV Frunze. Since 1994, the factory was renamed to OAO "Motorstroitel" a bit later-in of "Smiths" in honor of the famous designer of aircraft and rocket engines Nikolai Dmitrievich Kuznetsov.
02. Specifically, in the Samara plant is from 1941, where he was promptly evacuated from Moscow. During the years of war, Russian majestically at the company produced more than 45 thousand engines AM-38, AM-38F, the AM-42.
03. In 1950 there began the creation of the first batch of Russian jet engine VC-1 design VY Klimov. In April 1954 started in a batch creation aviation TV-12 engine, in 1955 it was given the name of NK-12 (Nikolai Kuznetsov). At the NK-12 engines and their modifications were flying military aircraft TU-95, TU-126 passenger TU-114 military transport AN-22 "Antey", continue to fly the Tu-95MS (modification of the Tu-142). NK-12 engine to this day remains the most massive in the world turboprop engine.
04. Commemorative plaque Zhezlovu MS — the first director of the plant in Kuibyshev (he was director from 1941 to 1950)
05. Gallakticheskaya page in the history of the company was opened in late 1957. Resolution of the Central Committee of the CPSU and the USSR Council of Ministers instructed the company during the 1st year of creation and master reconstruct a fundamentally new kind of technology-liquid rocket engines (LRE) for the 1st and 2nd stage intercontinental ballistic missile R-7 EDO SP The queen.
April 12, 1961 "Vostok" with the RD-107 and RD-108 launched to orbit gallakticheskuyu first astronaut Yuri Gagarin. These engines and their modifications are produced at the plant is 54 years and the number of unsurpassed reliability.
06. The shop number 4 — here is assembled rocket engines. I will say at once that this and other workshops related to the defense industry, to get here is not easy, because a lot of photos will not be.
07. In the years 1962-1967 there were taken and successfully passed the tests rocket engine firing bench of SC-15, SC-15B, SC-19 and SC-21, in 1969 — 1973 was developed modified NK-33 rocket engine, OC-43, OC- 39 and SC-31.
08. LRE engines NK-33, SC-43, SC-39 and SC-31 would be used in the production of rocket-space complex (RSC) H1-LZ for a manned mission to the moon, but in May 1974 lunar programm was closed.
09. Were instructed to kill these engines, but ND Kuznetsov, at your own risk managed to keep the party engines, buried them in one of the shops.
10. Rocket engine "Rus" 14D22 (modification of RD-108) for booster "alliance" with inflated energy features listed the most reliable in the world (thrust engine at the land-79, 1 ton, specific impulse in vacuum-320 s, the height- 2865 mm diameter, 2578 mm, weight of 1115 kg, the possibility of neotkaznoy-99.8%)
11. Vladimir K., foreman number 4, is working at the company for nearly 40 years, a large special in their own industry. As a child, Vladimir K. beheld the arrival of Yuri Gagarin in Kuibyshev, remembers how warm and encouraging to meet his great mass of the people.
12. The engine RD-107A
13. NK-33 engine, one of those that planned to kill him. The engine is easy to operate and maintain, and along with that has the highest reliability. Still, his price half the price of existing engines of the same class in traction. In 1995, after a long storage period, two engines NK-33 was delivered to the U.S., where the shield office "Aerojet" successfully passed a complex fire tests. Americans were very impressed with the quality of these engines that were released 30-40 years ago.
Features-thrust engine at the land-154 t, specific impulse in vacuum-331 s, height 3705 mm, 1490 mm-diameter, mass-1240 kg, the ability to work neotkaznoy-99.8%
14. Current prospects for the introduction of engines NK-33
15. Slightly fragments shop number 4
18. In 1963, there was made by Yuri Gagarin and thanked the workers for good rocket engines.
19. In the hall are portraits of all our astronauts delivered to space by rocket engines, produced by JSC "Kuznetsov".
20. Office of the department number 4
21. Stella "The succession of generations" (1987 year)
22. The shop number 10 — then create parts for aircraft and rocket engines.
23. Not so long ago launched brand new, modern production line machines.
24. Performance of new machines at times more of old times, plus they need to be for less populated, thus occupying less space.
25. Next, the details are transferred to the adjoining shop, which brings together poduzly, but there have unfortunately not allowed.
27. Half of the shop number 10 still take 50-70 years of old machines, here, too, do the details, but evenly and then all of the equipment is replaced. The program of modernization has only just begun and will last until 2020.
28. Somewhere there are even machines of the 1930s, they are not currently used, but are in working order. Good exhibits for a museum.
30. On inspection department number 10 took us quite a bit of time and then we went to the Museum of the enterprise.
A short historical note for aviation enthusiasts:
The history of the company started in 1912. Then, on the basis of semi-artisan workshops located on the outskirts of Moscow to Nikolaev Street (now Weaving) created aircraft assembly plant semitsilindrovyh star-motors of the French company "Dwarf" 80 hp of parts supplied from France. They were installed
on the aircraft, "Newport 4", "Farman-16", etc. In 1915, the company "Dwarf" joined himself to a motor company, "Ron", creating a firm "Gnome and Ron." In 1915 he was evacuated from Riga to Moscow plant "Motor", which produced the engines' Kalep-80 "motors and parts" Dwarf "and" Ron. " The factory is located now serving near the Danilov area.
In 1920, the nationalized factories "Gnome and Ron," "Motor" and "Salmson" assigned numbers Municipal aircraft factory — GAS 2.4 and 6, respectively. Since 1922, the plant "Gnome-Rhone" was named GAZ number 2, "Icarus". In 1924 there was a change: a "GAZ» № 4 "Motor" attached plant number 6 (the last "Salmson"). In 1925, the company was named MV Frunze. Since the area of the plant "Icarus" would not allow him to grow more in 1927 took the historic for "Icarus" and "Motor" solution: combine the two companies into one. New plant became known as the "United gosaviazavod number 2 and number 4 Frunze." Soon significantly shortened the title: "The factory number 24 it. Frunze. "
In the 1930s of the last century to plant them. MV Frunze was initiated creation of the cooling liquid piston engines AM-34 designed by AA Mikulin. While this engine is the best piston engine in the world and was placed on the TB-3, P-7, ANT-25, etc. Known in aviation records crews Chkalov, M. Gromov's, S.Shestakova, A.Yumasheva, G.Baydukova, A. Belyaev, S.Danilina were put on airplanes with engines of the plant, which now bears the title of "Smith."
31. The museum is small, there are only certain models of engines, issued by the company for 100 years. In the photo, the most first aircraft engine "Gnome" (1912-1914 years of release, 60 hp, 1200 rev / min)
32. Left-engine "Kalep" (1912-1916), the right-"Ron" (1914)
In October 1941 the plant was evacuated to Kuibyshev on the area of the plant was being built number 337. As soon as possible the creation of engines AM-38, which has begun in Moscow for the Il-2 was resumed by the new site. During the war years (from 1941 to 1945.) Was released 25443 AM-38F engine, 10242 AM-42 (for IL-10) as well as engines AM-35 (for the MiG-1) and GAM-34BS (for torpedo boats) . In the late 1940's — early 1950's. the company launched a series of turbojet engines VC-1, Klimov designed for frontline aircraft IL-28 and MiG-15, RD-900 — ramjet engines MM Bondaryuk for unmanned aircraft target La-17 and RD-012 supersonic intercontinental cruise missile for "The Tempest" Lavochkin.
From the second half of the 1950s, the factory began to be introduced into series development of a family of engines mark "NC", developed in the bureau head designer ND Kuznetsov. Since then, over 60 years, companies have joined voedinyzhdy partnership affairs: EDO been developing engines, Plant. MV Frunze their standard created. First you design office (in consequence of "SNTK. Kuznetsov") was formed in Kuibyshev in 1946 by order of the Minister of Aviation Industry (№ 228 of April 19, 1946) by the Council of Ministers (Decision № 874-366 from April 17, 1946) under the title The municipal union experienced plant number 2.
From October 1946 to December 1953 at the plant number 2 were German experts at (engineers and technicians) aircraft engine companies "Junkers", "BMW" and "Askaniya" with their families. Together with the designers of the enterprise they worked on improving the air-breathing jet engines 004 (based on the Jumo-004), 012B (based on the Jumo-012), 003C (based on the BMW-003) and 022 turboprop engine (based on the Jumo-022).
April 15, 1949 to enhance the technical management of the main designer of the plant number 2 is assigned and transferred from Ufa Nikolai Kuznetsov. First 50s EDO company has developed an experienced motor Sparky 2TV-2F (then NC-12) with a capacity 12,500 hp for the strategic bomber Tu-95. Since 1954 and for more than half a century of this engine and its modifications — NK-12M, NK-12MV, NK-12mA, NK-12MK, NC-12MP, NK-12MPT (capacity of 12,000 to 15,000 hp) standard they are produced in the factory. Frunze. The engines are mounted on the Tu-142, AN-22 "Antey", on commercial passenger aircraft Tu-114, winged "Eaglet" and other aircraft.
33. The shop rods 1943.
34. Group difficult-shaped tool shop number 41 in 1944 year.
35. The engine AM-38 F, which was installed on the aircraft IL-2. This engine was made in November 1942 and removed from the plane shot down in the battle for the Russian Arctic (plane found and brought to Kuibyshev in autumn 1970)
August 27, 1953 of a pilot plant number 2 renamed experienced factory number 276. July 12, 1957 for the creation of NK-12 engine was awarded the Order of Lenin.
Since the early 1970s, companies develop and mass-produce the type of aircraft gas turbine engines for the gas industry. First Russian GTE NK-12ST 6.3 MW was created in 1974 on the basis of theater NK-12MV. At the current time, these engines are operated at 117 compressor stations in the 852 gas compressor units GPA-C-6, 3. In 1982, on the basis of engine NK-8-2U (operated by Tu-154 and Il-62) created ground engine NK-16ST capacity of 16 MW.
ND Kuznetsov was the general designer of OKB until 1994. During this period of time under his management was created 57 unique and modified engines. Among them, the SC-12, SC-4, SC-8, OC-22, OC-25, OC-144, OC-86, OC-88, OC-89, OC-321, OC-93. The development of almost all engines was very splotchenno with "Samara Design Bureau of Machine Building" (JSC "SKBM", formerly "Kuibyshev Engineering Design Bureau"), founded in 1957 as a subsidiary of DB and got independence in 1967 to work on increasing the reliability and resource in mass production and operation of various types of aircraft engines designed by OKB Kuznetsov.
In 1966, the experimental plant number 276 assigned a public name of "Kuibyshev Engine Company" MAP ". In 1967, for himself and returned the title plant them. MV Frunze, the previous year he spent 6 years has been kept secret and worked under the name "Organization p / 32."
The subsequent renaming of the enterprise took place only in 1994, when it was tr
ansformed into JSC "Motorostroitel." At this time, "Kuibyshev Scientific and Production Association" Work "(the title bureau since 1981) was renamed OJSC" Samara Scientific-Technical Complex "NK Motors." Two years later, January 11, 1996, Samara Scientific-Technical Complex named after ND Kuznetsov.
The protracted crisis of engine-related industries and areas of the industry mid-1990s, early 2000s. Samara put the company on the brink of survival. This model has all the company also released the engines for Russian gallakticheskoy applets and gas industry, but the volume of orders decreased significantly. In compliance with the orders of the country's new aviation engines are practically implemented and carried out only repairs of existing products.
April 16, 2008 the President of the Russian Federation signed a decree number 497 "On the development of the upcoming" OPK "Oboronprom", according to which in the created "United Engine Corporation" JSC had to enter "Motorostroitel", JSC "SNTK. ND Kuznetsov ", JSC" SKBM "and NGO" Volga Avita. "
In 2009, the company ran over by administration of "MC" United Engine Corporation "(" MC "UEC"). At that time, the total debt burden of "Motorostroitel", JSC "SNTK. ND Kuznetsova, "as of" SKBM "exceeded 7 billion rubles. For their withdrawal from the verge of bankruptcy, a successful implementation of the projects and the upcoming vkladyvatelnyh efficient development, it was decided to merge the companies into one legal entity. It was also decided to include in the merged company — JSC "NPO" Volga Aviation Institute of Technology. " This company was created on the basis of Kuibyshev branch NIAT and NIID and is a multi-branch institute of the Russian Federation.
June 27, 2011 in the city Unified Register of Legal Entities (Incorporation) the entry was made on joining of "Smith" 3 companies: JSC "SNTK. ND Kuznetsov ", OJSC" Samara Design Bureau of Machine Building "and JSC" NPO "Volga Avita." So Makar, at the moment the Samara engine-complex is one hundred percent completed the legal process of reorganization. In the current time of "Smith" is an integrated framework in which concentrated all the phases of the technological chain of creation engine: development — creation — to market and sale — logistic support of the operation of the customer.
36. Slider VC-1 (installed on the aircraft IL-28, MiG-15, MiG-17)
37. The engine NK-12MV (developed in 1962, was placed on a Tu-114 and An-22)
38. Layout of the aircraft AN-22 "Antey".
39. The cut engine NK-12MV
40. More models of aircraft with engines of "Smiths"
Now of "Smiths" is a major supplier of drive pumping units for gas pipelines of JSC "Gazprom". The new direction of development of "Kuznetsov" is the production of mechanical drive power unit GTE-8, 3 NC for the main section of the locomotive traction-based GTE NC-361. Relatively recently slider was the first step of the test, the result of which was a record carriage freight train weighing 15 thousand tons, consisting of 159 wagons.