Blitz review of events and those in Belarus, a world history.
- …variable, with no rain. Temperature: 4 — 15 C.
Do not pass:
- Victor Shalkevich concert in DC overcurrent protection in Minsk. Beginning at 19.00.
- As part of a public campaign "Budzma Belarusians!" in Vitebsk will be a presentation of children's books "Yaska and his horse bangs" Yuri Ustsinovich. The book is devoted to the momentous historical event — the Battle of Grunwald — and is the first of a special series of history books for children. The event will take place at the Museum "Vitebsk Center for Contemporary Art" (Vitebsk,. Beloborodova, 5). Starts at 15.00.
WHERE HAVE NO:
- In Baku, the opposition plans to hold a demonstration.
- Presidential elections in Kazakhstan.
ALSO THIS DAY:
- In 1805 was born the famous Danish storyteller Hans Christian Andersen (d. 1875).
- In 1996 in Moscow, Alexander Lukashenko and Boris Yeltsin signed an agreement to create a "Community of Belarus and Russia."
- In 2005 he died, Pope John Paul II.
- In 1940 the troops of the NKVD began mass executions of prisoners of Polish Army officers at Katyn, Honey and Kurapaty.
- In 1991, British writer died Graham Greene (born 1904).
There is a reason:
- International Children's Book Day.
- Day of Unity of Peoples of Belarus and Russia.
A year ago on the site of "Freedom": flood peak has passed on the Pripyat. People on the island — there were
Quote to remember:
"Heresy — is another definition of freedom of thought."
"The reality in this century — that's not what we are facing."
"Scripture — is a form of therapy, sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, does not create music or pictures can not escape the craziness, depression, panic and fear inherent in human destiny."