Treasures of the Third Reich in the dungeons of Kaliningrad. What hides the rulers of the city's past Konigsberg?
German historian Dr. Gunnar Strunz has recently paid a visit to Kaliningrad — the former capital of East Prussia, Konigsberg. He visited the city with a series of lectures on the ancient Order castle of Konigsberg, destroyed by British bombing during the second World War. This castle is rich and fascinating history, which began in 1257godu. During his visit, he expressed his own proposal to return more than the excellent facilities of this building, which Local residents called the Castle 3 rulers — church, "Hall Muscovites" and others. In his view, this will contribute verbovaniyu tourists to and from Kaliningrad to increment their enthusiasm to the historical heritage of this town.
The smallness of the historical data. Castle 3-rulers, or Royal Konigsberg, was built in the XIII century. In 1944, the building was very damaged during the bombing, carried out by British aircraft and the first 60 years of the twentieth century, the order of the Kaliningrad Regional Committee of the Communist Party of the ruins of the castle were completely demolished. In 2010, the Kaliningrad authorities said on preparations for the referendum on the restoration of the Koenigsberg castle. It was planned to hold in March 2011, to cooperate with its holding local elections in the regional Duma. But the referendum was never held. It's not too far unsuccessful first venture on the study and restoration of the monument of architecture, as will be seen below.
Still, the idea of restoration and reconstruction of the castle was abandoned and forgotten. It did start getting into practice, though in another way, if planned. The government has agreed to the proposal of Kaliningrad, which came from the German side, to perpetuate in bronze form of an old building Koenigsberg. Funds for the implementation of this project — implementation of the layout of the historical center of Konigsberg in the form in which it was before the British Royal Air Force bombing campaign in 1944, one hundred percent of his face changed — were collected by former residents of the capital of East Prussia. The project is a bronze replica of an old town building ensemble with a diameter of 3 meters, which will be carried out and Castle 3 rulers. Set the layout plan of the peninsula of Kant in the restored Cathedral.
But this — the data only on the outside of the castle. There are also numerous caves and passages under the castle 3 rulers. They are absolutely and perfectly preserved walled up. And, according to the views of the capital archaeologist Ivan Koltsov not require a huge effort in the recovery and monetary costs. In addition, they are able to bring huge profits to the treasury of Kaliningrad. What is still based this assertion?
A report to the Central Committee of the CPSU
Russian journalist Sergei Turchenko, studying in the municipal archives of the Central Russian Federation archival documents, which contained information on cultural property stolen by the Germans in the former Soviet Union, has found a memo dowsing engineer Ivan Koltsov directed to the Central Committee of the CPSU and dated May 8, 1982. This note was indicated that his research have allowed him to chart a major underground passages and structures of Koenigsberg. There is reason to believe that they are great value, stolen by the Nazis during the stateliness Russian War. By guesswork, it is — a huge number of the tens of tons of gold, silver and amber jewelery. Maybe there are specific and pieces of the Amber Room, paintings, books and much more. The network of underground tunnels and structures in which hidden values, built at different times, from the XIII century, located at different depths from 16 to 68 meters. It has several main areas radiating from the center of town, in other words, the former Tsar's castle. Also, in a memo to mention certain things about the room that houses the lay-out of all the dungeons of Koenigsberg. This note contains the same information that the main entrance to the dungeon of Konigsberg, who was on the ground Lock 3-rulers, was blown up and littered with debris to a depth of 16 meters. But the maker of the note considers that a greater depth corridors are in a state that applies to the study, and not flooded. He also said that there were other entrances to the cave.
Sergei Turchenko could find the creator of the note — Ivan Evseevich Kol'tsova that in the 80 years of the last century, was a member of the "closed" dowsing Bureau under the Council of Ministers of the USSR. In 1982, Ivan Evseevich Kol'tsov the expedition explored the ruins of the former Königsberg, but then he made detailed arrangements dungeons under this city and sent its own report of the above memorandum to the Central Committee of the CPSU.
But the reaction that followed his report, was, in the views of Ivan Evseevich, very little unusual. He was removed from his role in the State of historical and archaeological expedition, which after a while just finished its existence. As he understood, he had compiled circuit is not used in the conduct of any search operations in the area.
The evidence of witnesses
Chatting with Kol'tsov left more questions than answers. Can you trust him to the dungeons of the system near Kaliningrad? If so, how? Confirm whether the other data sources? Sergei Turchenko decided to turn up answers in Kaliningrad.
At first, their own journey, even in a train compartment, he heard the story, which appeared in the dungeons of this town. Hitchhiker told him that her son friend at one point brought home a large segment of synthetic fabrics. Said that it had found in the basement of the 1st of the flooded forts to climb with friends. From the tissues of her own offspring friend sewed a shirt, surprised that tissue, despite the fact that long periods lying in the water, it looks like new. When my mother began to smooth out this shirt, the fabric broke out under an iron, like gunpowder. Frightened lady went to the police. As indicated fort sent divers who found in it and these rolls of slide. As such, the Nazis produced gunpowder. History subsequent searches in this area has remained unknown. As will be seen from the following evidence of witnesses, the authorities continue to exercise extraordinary indifference to similar facts. What did caused this lack of enthusiasm? Maybe in the police did not believe townswoman scared?
The researcher decided to turn to other sources.
Some mention of the dungeons of Koenigsberg and contains post-war literature. In particular, Stanislav Garanin in his book, "The Three Faces of Janus" wrote eight hundred sixty-2-blocks in the town, all of which has been associated with other common defense system. Transitions linked basements. Underground power plant were, ammunition depots, hospitals.
Also in the same literary work describes a situation in which some heroes descended into the caves through the sewer hatch, saw the underground room, which was located along the wall of the dock. It was a small jetty in the four-meter-long, the submarine.
But this — a literary work, which can not claim to be a documentary accuracy. The above data it affect the reader's imagination, but raise questions as to their authenticity. It was necessary to find evidence of real witnesses.
The last head of the underwater work Matveevich Mike Leaf said that even though he knows the
underground utilities Kaliningrad is not one hundred percent, but only in the part that concerned his work, but it can be said that in the area of the former palaces and fortifications are under two-and three-storey underground. In most of their own they are flooded or littered with stones. Most of them used as warehouses and in today's time. Means these dungeons is all the same? But whether they are available for visits by tourists? Maybe it's just a storage space, partly destroyed during the bombing and nothing more. But Misha Matveevich mentioned and of a certain underground aircraft factory. But this plant is also flooded and littered with stones. He also told a story about some of the home-grown "treasure hunters" who once was in circulation in the circle of his acquaintances. As if these people are found in one of the lakes artificial cave, the entrance to which is closed by the German anchor mine.
One of the hunters soon died under mysterious circumstances — fell from the fifth floor. Another asked for help from a friend midshipman-sapper that great attention to this request, not given. But after the "treasure hunter" was missing, having gone to one of their own journeys, sapper worried and filed a complaint to the police. Unfortunately, the search for the police to no avail. Leaf also told about one's own employee and companion, Grigory Matsuev which was in Königsberg in 1945. Having retired from military service, Matsuyev remained in the unit underwater work. On account of his 10s Pregol dives into the river and the lakes. He just said that while the upper floors of the Royal cellars of the castle had not been flooded. This is a very interesting and echoes the fact that the said ring. Whether these could be flooded floors later, after the study, which was conducted historical and archaeological expedition, which included and there was a ring?
But back to the story of Misha Matveevitch Leaf on his comrade. Increased attention is another story. Grigory at one point told that at one point, near the ancient Roman city gate in the floor of the 1st fortification was found a large hatch. When it opened, saw that tunnel, the entrance to which he closed, it is flooded with water. Matsuyev dived there and saw a huge room with lots of shelves, on which lay a huge number of rolls of the unknown material. Several of them were lifted. The forthcoming analysis showed that it was a powder. Maybe, Germany, connected Versailles contract, had no right to issue weapons and explosives more than the allowable amount. Because gunpowder, which made in Konigsberg, and camouflaged under the fabric. But again, none of the 1st mention of the treasure. And the fact that these moves can be made available to the public. The researcher found it necessary to continue his search. What is still based approval Kol'tsova?
Sergei Turchenko seemed not enough of this disk imaging, and he decided to go back to the archives and continue their search there. Many months and careful work in the Central Archive Russian Federation did not hesitate to come to fruition. He found several documents that lured his attention and confirmed the presence of large caves near Kaliningrad.
He also found the historical background of German researchers F.Larsa authorship of the Tsar's castle. It said that the construction of the castle began in 1257 and lasted right up to 1810. During the six centuries long construction castle not once rebuilt. Were also conducted, and the vast underground work. Geydekk doctor who conducted a geological excavations in 1889 under the royal castle, mentioned the 7-8-meter strata 'cultural' deposits. He also mentioned about the old caves that stretch under the Castle church, the former home of the Convention and the restaurant "Blutgericht" ("Judgment"). But all of these researchers have mentioned only the dungeons of the first tier. Unknown reason, a more profound excavations were carried out. Maybe prevented limited technical capacity of the period.
But such work has not been carried out in 1945. Although the search for cultural values that may have been hidden in Konigsberg, was created by a special commission under the control of General Bryusov. Kept his diary, in which he kept a detailed record of the expedition. From the diary found out the subsequent fascinating detail. Some Dr. Alfred Rohde, who was the keeper of the Koenigsberg museums and did not have time to leave the city when he was freed by Russian troops, the expedition proactively discouraged from excavations in the south wing of the castle.
Rohde argued by the fact that during the war there was an infirmary, which has suffered from bombing and littered with stones. And there is nothing in these heaps, not counting the corpses, not found.
After the mysterious disappearance of Rode was uncovered his deception. Military spices that have examined the properties of the dam south wing of the castle, it was confirmed that the explosion occurred not from above, he would have had to go, getting a wing of the castle is the bomb, and the bottom, which leads him to think of artificial origin. Dr. Strauss, who arrived in Königsberg on call committee and was a former assistant Rode, categorically denied the existence of the south wing of the castle of some hospital. He confidently said that there have always focused museum value. For what kind of stuff was to arrange such deceit? To hide the value? So they do not fall into the hands of Russian expedition? For whom he saves up to them and gone?
Already one such controversy should have drawn special attention to the excavations in the area of the castle. But, surprisingly, they were held surfactant. After some investigation only the first level of the dungeon, the commission found more than 1000 Bryusova museum objects stolen by the Nazis from museums in Leningrad and Moscow. It's been invaluable works of silver, bronze, porcelain, paintings and furniture. Maybe if excavations were continued and made more carefully, it was possible to return more value?
Also in the archive researcher managed to find the record evidence of former Russian and foreign soldiers, who were involved in Koenigsberg, the competent authorities at the disposal of Nazi cultural values.
Prisoner Warsaw bullpen A.Vitek said subsequent: During the war, he was sent to forced labor in Konigsberg. From the work camp, which was located in Vitek, the Germans once a day taking people to work. The person being questioned was in a group, removal of equipment from homes and institutions, and dumped it in Vilgelmovsky Castle (Emperor — approx. Creator) at the Kaiser-Wilhelm-Strasse. There's things sorted for the next shipment to Germany. The findings help to pack requisitioned equipment in boxes. He showed that beheld a huge number of boxes indicated a similar numbering. Marked boxes were in the right wing of the castle. Boxes are strictly guarded. Their safety inspected himself Gauleiter Erich Koch. After that, the prisoner beheld, as the palace of the castle was imported brick masons and are caused. The findings showed that the boxes were gone, but Witek not like that the boxes were removed from the area of the castle. He suspects that the boxes were hidden in the basement of the castle.
Dr. G.Klumbis, a member and past collaborator of Dr. Rhodes, recalled that near the cellar of the palace was an ancient mine. It is closed and has not been used for several centuries. Preserved no evidence of its existence, but Dr. Rohde knew about her being in the place indicated. In his view, the mine — the best place for seekers of different values in a time of war. If necessary, their transport could rapidly perform small forces and inconspicuously. Specifically, this was based on his assumption that in the cellars of the castle kept exported from the USSR cultural values.
This point of view is
held and last Chief Designer of the town of Kaliningrad D.Navalihin. He believes that the more likely the deepest mines.
He went down into the dungeons of the castle and beheld inclined at an angle of 45 degrees to the shaft. This event happened in 1948.
In 1973, researchers stumbled upon yet another proof of the existence of dungeons under the royal castle. It lies in the fact that during the operation works, which included the installation of pile foundations Council House, four longish piles up to 11 meters under the ground ushili the entire depth. Above the surface could be seen at least 4 cm pile. Based on this system works participants were of the opinion that under this building can be bunker or tunnel. They admitted the possibility that this bunker can hold the Amber Room or other valuables were stolen by the Nazis.
But in a memo S.Kuleshova, who noted this fact, the reaction was followed by a quixotic. The piles were ordered to be removed, holes to fill them with concrete, and the system works to spend elsewhere.
These facts are enough for the researchers showed that with the confidence to take the words of Ivan Koltsov. The existence of caves can be considered proven. But there is in them the same values that the Nazis were taken from the occupied territories? The results of the expedition Bryusova give enough reason for it to be considered is the truth. But here is the presence in the brain of these cellars Nazi warehouse of stolen property and finding there the Amber Room to this day remains a mystery.
Ivan ring is given to this question is quite accurate answer. According to him, special equipment can determine what is in the ground — water, oil, ores or metals. And in this case, he said, the equipment was not mistaken. He is now ready to show the several entrances to the Royal castle dungeons and places in which, according to him, there are warehouses with canned equipment, motor vehicles, the Quartermaster's property. Then surprising stubborn government inaction on this info, the termination of any work related to the research work of the Royal Castle Dungeon in Koenigsberg. Maybe famous treasures Third Reich still lurk there and expect your own hours.