On the days of the Dark Sea near Snake Island underwater archaeologists found ship. It was a "Lieutenant Zatsarenny." The ship sank 30 June 1917, the German stepped on a mine. How did this remarkable ship?
Construction of the destroyer "Lieutenant Zatsarenny" was started in 1906 in Nikolayev at the "Naval" and was carried out in the framework of the shipbuilding programs from 1903-1923 years. This program involves the creation of 4,350-ton ship in order to bring the number of destroyers pravitelskogo fleet to 20 vessels.
But the Russian-Japanese war has shown a significant amount of defects destroyers of this type, because there was a need to make immediate adjustments to the project itself. In November 1904 it was decided to increase the tonnage of ships up to 570 tons, so Makarov, translating them into a class of mine cruisers.
For the base of the new vessel was taken mine cruiser "rider." According to the type of drawings have been developed in which envisaged increasing the size, huge amounts of fuel and, therefore, a large cruising range. Prior to October 1907, "Lieutenant Zatsarenny" referred to mine cruisers, but by the time of launch it was renamed as the destroyer.
His title of the ship was named after the 1st of the heroes of Russian-Turkish War, Ishmael Zatsarennogo Maksimovic — Russian naval officer, a captain of the second rank. He graduated from the Naval Academy and in 1870 went to the mouth of the Amur, where he served on ships' Abrek "," Hercules "and" Hero. " In 1872, was built to the rank of warrant officer. Two years later, returned again to the Baltic Sea. Upon completion in 1877, Landmine class voluntarily went to the Dark Sea, where the heat was a Russian-Turkish war. His awards over the years is invaluable — precisely because of his use of mine guns Russian troops were successful. The officer has held many positions, namely, the head of the mine raiding party, a senior officer "Dmitry Donskoy", the commander of the monitor "Battleship." Zatsarenny Ishmael was awarded the Order of St. ZHoru fourth degree, also received a Golden gun "For Bravery".
The destroyer "Lieutenant Zatsarenny" was adopted in order according to the decree I.G.Vasileva (captain of the first rank, chief of division of destroyers) October 3, 1909. Apart from his division also includes "Captain Saken", "Lieutenant Shestakov," and "Captain-Lieutenant Rams."
When the first global war, the destroyer was sent to a full overhaul of the units and housing. Apart from the existing 2-120-millimeter guns were also installed two 47-mm cannon. Was increased and the number of minefields (which was 50), has also been increased power stations twice.
During the war, destroyer participated in operations in the Anatolian Turks communications, was on blockade service around Zonguldak, participated in the bombardment of the fortifications and the port facility, producing cover the actions of other naval forces, conducted planting subversive groups and took part in escorting transport troops of the Caucasian Front.
In 1916 he participated in the Trebizond offensive. In 1917, the ship was the flagship of Prince N.S.Putyatina.
June 23, 1917 at the mouth of the Danube was exposed 70 min German-Turkish cruiser "Breslau". After which he was fired and the radio beacon island Fedonisi. Moreover, the troops landed on the peninsula, and 11 people from the island garrison were captured. On returning back the "Breslau" put another 10 minutes off the island, which ultimately were not found.
The crew of "Lieutenant Zatsarennogo" which was then time in Odessa, was ordered to transport the necessary equipment to the peninsula and to restore command. June 30, the ship was near Fedonisi, where he hit a mine.
As a result, the ship's bow, along with the first tube and the nasal Kochegarka went to the bottom, but the stern was still some time afloat. Minesweepers, which were near the scene, approached the destroyer and tried to tow the stern. But the attempt was not crowned with success, the ship sank. The explosion claimed the lives of 3 officers and 34 personnel of the ship's crew.
For a long time it was unclear where exactly sunk "Lieutenant Zatsarenny." On his death, the destroyer did not once mentioned not only in the military spec, and in shipbuilding literature. And even despite the fact that witnesses have indicated quite clearly cooordinates went to the bottom of the aft part of the ship, his search lasted for many years. In the end, the ship was found exclusively in the 2008 club members "Poseidon." It lies at a depth of 40 meters near Snake Island. From now on, various studies have begun, "Lieutenant Zatsarennogo."
Despite the fact that the whole ship is nestled on aquatic plants, the ship remained pretty much everything: two-meter torpedo and artillery guns. Researchers are very amazed by the fact that they managed to find the full integrity of the newspaper and the plate.
It is logical that researchers have a great sense of pride about their own findings, as of 4 ships that were built, managed find Only this one.
But a more valuable find historians consider historical documents that could find on the ship, and the study of which could radically change the perception of the events of those times.
Despite the fact that the books and documents were discovered almost 4 years back, there was a chance to read them just for the moment, because all this time, were working to raise them from the sunken ship.
As the historian Igor Alekseev, to "Lieutenant Zatsarennom" were found books, which are more than 90 years, is also valuable historical materials — a set of handwritten orders to the Black Sea Fleet for the years 1916-1917. According to him, this document is truly unique because it does not have the print censorship of the following years. Alekseev also noted that Ukrainian scientists plan to return soon, and then read all the material that was found.
At the current time in Odessa is a campaign aimed at the opening of a memorial monument dedicated to the "Lieutenant Zatsarennomu." Earlier, it was planned to place on the terrain of the Odessa sea port, but the management refused to support this initiative. Instead, the representatives of the port brought the proposal placed a sign with the title ship and ship the pieces somewhere else. Prerequisites own such an act they interpreted simply, the port and not so little plaques, because even for one have no place …
As they say, no comment …