In Germany, due to an intestinal infection year-old child died

In Germany, due to an intestinal infection year-old child died

BERLIN, June 14 — RIA Novosti, Tatyana Firsov. Year-old boy died of intestinal infection in the German state of Lower Saxony, the death toll rose to 37 people, said on Tuesday reported online version of the newspaper Bild.

"The doctors did everything possible to save his life … Unfortunately, it is useless," — said the representative of the clinic in Hanover Stefan Zorn. In Hannover child moved from the hospital in the town of Oldenburg on June 5. The boy died of kidney failure, which developed due to infection, but also because of the destruction of red blood cells. Not helped many forms of therapy, or blood transfusions.

The father and brother of the deceased as ten newly infected. As the doctors, the son and the father get better.

Outbreak of intestinal infection was originally recorded in the north of Germany. At first it was assumed that the carrier of dangerous bacteria are salad cucumbers from Spain, but this hypothesis was not confirmed. Then, experts said that the source of infection could be a farm in Lower Saxony, which supplies to markets in the germinated soybeans and other grains that are used in salads and main dishes.

Infection is caused by the so-called enterohaemorrhagic bacterium Escherichia coli (E. coli). E.coli bacteria are often present in the gut of humans and warm-blooded animals. Most of its strains are harmless, but some strains, such as enterohaemorrhagic E. coli (EHEC), can cause severe foodborne illness.

Symptoms caused by EHEC disease — bloody diarrhea, fever and vomiting. Most patients recover within ten days, but in a small number of patients (young children and the elderly) infection may lead to severe life-threatening.

Like this post? Please share to your friends: