Everything that has ever happened in history, despite the vultures of secrecy, usually, at some point, it becomes readily available to the public. There is no such secret which would not have been discovered over the years. This truth applies to the hidden development designers Nazi Germany completely new and unique tanks that are a positive course of events could play a crucial role at the end of the second World War. Top of the Third Reich's plans of world domination and realized it was not fate, and their tanks from the series "E" and have remained at the level of the experimental samples. Despite the fact that the war machines did not become commercially run, many experts now call their arms crowning technical ideas of German designers, and we must admit that in other words all the bases.
E-50 — Medium Tank
Of all the different plans applets Entwicklung (or abbreviated as "E") in the middle tank under code E-50 were assigned the greatest hopes. This machine was to change not only outdated Pz.IV, and the "Panther", which, of course, to the designers lozhilo special responsibilities. Incidentally be noted that apart from E-100, active plan was closer to implementation.
In 1944, having suffered a series of defeats on all fronts, Germany ran across the full cost of energy and raw materials. True tanks produced in quantities as before, but in relation to the enemy armored vehicles they were inferior in all ways, from defense to firepower and running properties. Apart from this, the low security Coil "Panther" was at the hands of the enemy. Escape from these problems can be had only just redesigned the chassis. Work on the creation of entirely modern combat vehicle was entrusted to two companies — Daimler-Benz and MAN. The One project manager was appointed an excellent engineer and manager of the beautiful — General H.E.Knikamp.
Time was negligible, because of a significant portion of the components has been copied from the trivial to the existing models of tanks and at first it proved with the criteria of real fighting "Tiger II". In order to facilitate the creation of a batch, industrial criteria in each of the steps of the development of new tanks, some improvements have been made and carried out work on the unification of certain plans of E-50 and E-75, but to bring them to their logical end failed.
One of the main questions which as soon as possible to decide the German designers, was a weak chassis. Chassis placing rollers are staggered, previously used for "Panther" and "Tiger", had a number of shortcomings that significantly affect the overall combat effectiveness of tanks. Plus, with the technological side of this scheme was very far from perfect, and as a consequence there is a need to completely brand-new type of suspension system, more than usual.
It is impossible not to recognize the fact that the German designers coped with the task quite successfully — in 1944 by MAN has been offered a unique suspension scheme, often called the "silent block". It consisted of twin rollers of the tank "Tiger II" with a diameter of 800 mm, united in a cooperative unit. Road wheels mounted on spring-loaded arms and placed on opposite sides of odnodgrebnevogo truck, however, in their design used a similar length shafts. The presence of special-bearing struts made it possible to change the state of the wheel relative to the ridge truck. Spring with the internal shock going from ordinary washers Bellevielle and going in the cylinders.
With the shape of the hull and its armored protection determine the maximum rather short period of time. In the main, he was taken from the "Tiger II", but the angle frontal armor plate was slightly increased. Because the assembly and overall dimensions of the E-50 and the "Tiger II" were approximately similar.
As the unit was decided to use a more recent version of the engine Maybach HL230, called the HL234. This model was equipped with a system of direct fuel injection and for a short time allowed to increment the available capacity from 900 to 1,200 hp Placement of fuel tanks, radiators and fans was similar to the placement on the "Tiger II", which completely eliminated the box set of nodes in the rear of the chassis.
Tower for the new tank E-50, in order to save time and money borrowed from the tank "Panther II", which since 1944 has been removed from the production. The development of this design engineers engaged Daimler-Benz and Skoda, which was offered by professionals still cheaper and more technologically in series production version of the tower with the real possibility of installing tools KwK44 75 mm. The thickness of the boards was reduced to 60 mm and straightened armored windshield plate to 120 mm. Apart from the standard fine optics, has been scheduled for the tower "Panther II" stereodalnomer set of Zeiss, night vision device, and hydraulic stabilizers. According to the working documentation this tower took codenamed Schmalturm.
Much to the dismay of command Panzerwaffe plans to re-front parts with new tanks completely failed. True to May 1945 were worked out the main structure nodes E-50 and captured these developments fully enjoy the French tankostroitelnaya industry are based on the developments of German designers did own tank — ARL-44.
E-75 — heavy tank
The idea is the creation of a single E-series tanks, heavy E-75 has been on his own physical appearance remember E-50. The main difference was the installation of thicker armor and even more massive main gun. Chassis as languid and medium tank should be isolated. It's all done with a purpose in mass production on one strip to collect different versions.
E-100 — super-heavy tank
E-100 — German super-heavy tank since the 2nd World War. By the time of its completion of work on the creation of the tank E-100 nearing the finish line. Development of project design and construction of the first prototype reference was conducted by Adler in Frankfurt-am-Main. The date of the beginning of the design of the tank E-100 is July 30, 1943. Not paying attention to the personal order of Hitler in December 1944 to stop all work on the creation of super-heavy tanks, the design and layout of the building were continued in Haustenbeke in Paderborn. Since the beginning of 1945 were willing chassis and the chassis. By the beginning of the test set on the military vehicle engine Maybach HL 230, Box 401216 OG Among Maybach and steering Henschel L 801. Track Shoe width 1000 mm designed and prepared
for installation company Adler. In general, tank, equipped with these tracks do not fit the dimensions of the train platform, making it difficult to transport for relocation.
In the development of the tank E-100 used for the traditional German tank development box — located in the aft engine and the drive wheels — in front of the tank. Reinforced protection: 240 mm (frontal part) and 120 mm (side). As for weapons E-100 was planned to install 150 caliber gun or a 170 mm paired with a 75-mm gun Maus Turret. It was assumed that the E-100, equipped with engine Maybach HL 234, and a control device "Mekydro", will develop a cruising speed of 40 km / h Experienced standard E-100 was captured in Paderborn British troops.
With the surrender of Germany in the second world war and the plans fell to the top of the Wehrmacht tanks, can conquer the world!