Tooth pain brings a lot of anxiety. Does it hurt when you smile or frown, eat or drink when you compress or decompress the jaw, or turn your head. Sometimes it hurts, even when you breathe, because the cold air rushes into the mouth and passes over the sensitive tooth.
If an attack of acute dental pain occurred late at night or on the weekend, and run around the clock in a dental clinic is not possible, is to resort to emergency methods, allowing to temporarily relieve the pain.
Here's what you can do:
- Carefully remove all the leftover food from between the teeth and out of the cavity in the tooth, and continue to support it in its pure state.
- Rinse the tooth with warm water and baking soda (1 teaspoon per cup of water).
- Hold on a sick tooth a swig of vodka. The gums will absorb some of the alcohol, and the tooth is numb.
- Suck on a piece of ice. You can also apply ice on the affected tooth or adjacent thereto cheek for 15 minutes at least 3 or 4 times a day.
- Massage hand. It may up to 50% to ease the pain when a toothache. Rub the ice cube in
V-shapedthe area where the bones are the thumb and index finger. Beware of ice pushes press on this area for 5-7minutes. The effect of this procedure is based on the fact that the friction along the nerve impulses sent paths that normally transmitted toothache. Because these paths can carry at a time only one signal, friction displaces pain.
- Do not chew on the affected side.
- Keep your mouth closed when the flow of air over a bad tooth pain intensifies.
- Keep your mouth open. Sometimes a tooth painaggravated by the fact that the man overbite. In this case as one can rarely cover the mouth as long as it looks dentist.
- Take painkillers (analgin, baralgin, sedalgin …). Only things I would like to caution — it's aspirin because of its analgesic effect is not large and it is necessary to take it in larger amounts, unsafe for health. Pain relief should be discontinued no later than 3 hours before the visit to the doctor, because this may distort the picture of the disease and hamper the diagnosis.
- It is important not to make any warming compresses and lotions — this procedure can significantly worsen the situation and hamper further treatment.
- Absolutely can not take antibiotics without expert advice and prescription. In general, antibiotics for any illness — a very important procedure. These drugs are taken under a special scheme, instead of 1 tablet 3 times a day, as is often thought of patients. Admission is one pill "just in case" nothing but harm will bring.
This is all that one can to make a visit to the dentist. And do not be afraid to clinic duty, because in most cases, can be removed without removing the acute effects tooth and without putting a permanent seal.