A common point of view — "If a woman can not get pregnant, then she is to blame" — is fatally flawed. Scientists have long shown that male infertility is found not less frequently than women. If you fail to conceive during the year fulfilling sex life without contraception, the probability that the problems with the reproductive system are exactly the man is about 45%.
Before you begin treatment, both spouses must be examined to determine the cause of infertility. After cause infertility is found, doctors will try to resolve it. For example, if fertility prevent adhesions in the fallopian tubes, they will restore the patency of surgically. If the whole thing in a reduced sperm count — the man asked to take appropriate treatment.
By the way, a man's ability to reproduce is entirely dependent on the quality and quantity of sperm, and not on his sexual activity! Every second in the men's bodies do not produce more than a thousand sperm. With the onset of puberty until his death, this is a continuous process. And in order to
The basis of male infertility is based on three issues:
- inferiority of sperm (violation of their motility and viability);
- a sharp decline in their numbers;
- violation they rise in the deferent ways and release outside.
Call them, according to conservative estimates, more than a dozen reasons can.
The most common causes of male infertility:
- Varicocele (15%) — veins testicle and spermatic cord (a special channel for the output of sperm, which is located in the scrotum). As a result of varicocele increases the temperature of the testicles, is a violation of their work, and, therefore, damage to sperm.
- Injuries and defects of the male genitalia (undescended testicles and twisting) —
- Infectious diseases (10% of cases). In the first place, those that are sexually transmitted gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, trichomoniasis, etc. But worst of all sexual infections affects men the usual childhood disease — "pig."
- Inflammation of the male urogenital organs such as the prostate (prostatitis) or the urethra (urethritis).
- Sexual dysfunction: erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, etc.
- Immunological disorders: Failure of immunity in the body begins production of specific substances that can damage their own sperm.
- Hormonal disorders such as deficiency of male sex hormone — testosterone.
- Finally, the male infertility can be caused by a variety of external factors: substance use (alcohol, tobacco, drugs, certain medications), poor environment (radiation, pesticides, lack of vitamin C and zinc), and even just sloppy handling of his own body (too tight clothing, frequent use of the sauna , excessive zeal in sports), etc.
And even if cause of infertility persists, still a chance to conceive a child with the help of modern methods:
- ovarian stimulation (used in case of violation or absence of ovulation);
- artificial insemination (used for impotence in men, or insufficient sperm activity in vivo allergic reactions to components of female sperm, etc.);
- IVF (in vitro fertilization of the egg and putting it directly into the cavity of the uterus);
- ICSI (IVF with direct injection of sperm into an egg);
- sperm donation;
- oocyte donation (use of donor eggs);
- Surrogate motherhood (in this case, the IVF, but only as one of the intermediate stages).
The possibilities are many. While success is not guaranteed and 100%, but a lot of people the achievements of modern medicine was given the joy of motherhood and fatherhood.