Does your child often and long sick with colds and ear infections? It is possible that underlying health problems is growth of nasopharyngeal tonsils, in other words — the adenoids. "Naked" eye adenoids can not be seen — see the nasopharyngeal tonsil may only
Adenoids, or more correctly — adenoid vegetations (adenoid razrascheniya) — a widespread disease among children aged 1 year to
Symptoms of adenoid
- The child breathes the mouth, which he often opened, especially at night.
- No runny nose, and nasal breathing difficult.
- Lingering cold, which is difficult to treat.
What is fraught with adenoids?
- Hearing impairment. Normally, the difference between the external atmospheric pressure and internal pressure in the middle ear cavity is controlled by hearing (eustachian) tube. Increased nasopharyngeal tonsil covers the mouth of the Eustachian tube, making it difficult for the free passage of air into the middle ear. As a result of the tympanic membrane loses its mobility, which affects the auditory sensations.
- Frequent colds.Constant colds due to the fact that baby not free to breathe through the nose. The normal mucosa of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses produce mucus, which "cleans" the nasal cavity from bacteria, viruses and other disease-causing factors. If the child is an obstacle to air flow in the form of the adenoids, the outflow of mucus is difficult, and creates favorable conditions for the development of infection and the appearance of inflammatory diseases.
- Adenoiditis — chronic inflammation of nasopharyngeal tonsils. Adenoids, making it difficult nasal breathing, not only contribute to the emergence of inflammatory diseases, but in and of themselves are a good medium to attack bacteria and viruses. Therefore, nasopharyngeal tonsil tissue, usually in a state of chronic inflammation. It produced a "permanent residence" germs and viruses. A so-called foci of chronic infection from which bacteria can spread throughout the body.
- Decline in school performance. It is proved that the difficulty of nasal breathing human body loses up to
% Oxygen. Therefore, a child suffering from nasal breathing difficulty due to adenoids, there is a constant lack of oxygen, and, above all, the suffering brain. 12-18
- Speech disorders. In the presence of adenoids in a child violated the growth of the facial bones. This in turn may adversely affect the formation of speech. The child can not pronounce the individual letters, constantly talking to the nose (nasally). Parents often do not notice these changes, as "get used" to the pronunciation of the child.
- Frequent ear infections.Adenoid growths disturb the normal operation of the middle ear, as the mouth of the Eustachian tube overlap. This creates favorable conditions for the penetration and development of infection in the middle ear.
- Inflammatory diseases of the respiratory tract — Pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, bronchitis. When proliferation adenoid tissue in her develop chronic inflammation. This leads to a constant credit mucus or pus which flow into the lower respiratory system. Going through the mucous membrane, they cause inflammation — pharyngitis (inflammation of the throat), laryngitis (inflammation of the larynx), tracheitis (inflammation of the trachea) and bronchitis (inflammation of the bronchi).
This is only the most visible and frequent violations that occur in the body of the child in the presence of adenoid vegetations. Actually spectrum of lesions which cause adenoids much wider. This should include changes in the composition of blood, disorders of the nervous system, enuresis, impaired renal function, etc etc.
Typically, one of these symptoms are enough to establish the diagnosis and to carry out adequate remedial measures.
Diagnosis and treatment
Adenoids should be treated as long-term surface and frequent mouth breathing causes abnormal development of the chest and leads to anemia. In addition, because of the constant mouth breathing in children is broken facial bone growth and teeth and formed a special type of adenoid face: mouth half open, the lower jaw is elongated and saggy, and the upper incisors protrude significantly.
If you find your child one of these symptoms, do not delay, contact the
Operation — adenotomija — need not all children and should be done under strict indications. Typically, surgical intervention is recommended for a significant proliferation of lymphoid tissue (adenoids
In the event that a decision on surgery