Capacity to protect themselves from unwanted pregnancy in today's society a lot, so it's best to think about this in advance to avoid such a physically and psychologically traumatic procedures as a medical abortion.
Historically, that the burden of contraception shouldered the woman. However, in recent years actively developed and methods of male contraception, but so far they are not widespread.
- Coitus interruptus. The best known method of contraception, when the man removes his penis from the vagina before the eruption of the seed. It is preferred by many couples
the apparent ease of use, but it is not the best method of birth control. because of it is unreliable, and First, psychological burden on the man turns out to be too strong, because it is not for one second can relax and be in control. second
- Temperature and calendar methods suitable only healthy women with stable menstrual cycle, and these methods of birth control are not reliable enough and in many ways inferior to modern. Women prefer them, are often mistaken in his calculations. The essence of the method or methods of temperature measurement of basal body temperature is to determine the period when conception is impossible for physiological prichinm. Throughout the menstrual cycle every morning after waking up to measure the temperature by introducing a thermometer into the rectum. When it rises to 0,
5 degrees, ovulation occurs. Through 4-0 day come to adverse fertile days. Fertility is repeated for 2-3 days before the next ovulation. When the calendar method female contraception for a year to record the date of the onset of menses, then to calculate the fertile days unfavorable. 3-4
- Avoid unwanted pregnancies can and using a condom, which happens to be female and (exotic), and male — the so-called barrier method. The advantage of this method of contraception is that it is perhaps the only one that allows you to avoid many diseases, sexually transmitted diseases (AIDS, syphilis, gonorrhea, viral infection). By the barrier method is the introduction of cervical caps made of metal and rubber, which prevent sperm from entering the uterus.
- At intrauterine contraception in the woman's uterus is entered (for 2 or 5 years) so-called intrauterine device made of plastic and copper, which makes the process of fertilization. The process of its formulation of a quick and painless. The peculiarity of modern intrauterine devices — they secrete hormones that prevent implantation of the egg processes.
- Oral contraceptives— On segodnyashiny day one of the most popular ways to prevent pregnancy. These drugs are selected individually after checking the woman's hormonal levels and in view of its physiological characteristics and comorbidities. Oral contraceptives third generation almost completely imitate a normal menstrual cycle, and almost no side effects.
- One means of long-term protection against pregnancy — injectable contraceptives or Implants, are introduced subcutaneously. Being on the body, they constantly emit small doses of specially selected hormones that have a contraceptive effect. Unfortunately, the side effects of using such contraceptive methods are the same as when using oral contraceptives.
- For surgical contraception or sterilization resorted couples who have come to the conclusion that they have complied with the individual program of birth. This has no effect on sexual function and gives a perfect result, because fertilization is impossible …
Choosing a contraceptive method
The choice of method of contraception — it is very individual and depends on many factors:
- age — every age, and therefore a certain level of physiological development of women fit their methods;
- reaction of the body — often difficult to find a suitable hormonal contraceptive
and a variety of side effects related diseases; because of
- condition of the body at the moment — a woman giving birth or give birth, whether before suffering diseases of the genitourinary system or not, etc.;
- Plans for the future — if you have got children and are confident that the further addition of the family do not want the best possible option for you is a surgical contraception;
- frequency of sexual activity — it is clear that it makes no sense to use hormonal contraceptives, if sexual intercourse is not a frequent event in your life, in this case it is easier to keep on hand condoms or, in exceptional cases, use of emergency contraception, etc.
Since the choice is vast, it is best to consult a doctor. You will have to go through a pelvic exam and possibly a pelvic ultrasound, as well as to pass a number of tests, such as a vaginal swab and study the hormonal profile.