At the Baikonur Cosmodrome, work is continuing on the preparation for the launch Vehicle (ILV) "Soyuz-U" to transport cargo vehicle (THC) "Progress M-18M".
Today, February 8, in the assembly and testing site 112 Baikonur space industry estimates hold general assembly space rocket:
- the first stage of the work — the space docking head (CHS) with THC "Progress M-18M" from the third-stage rocket "Soyuz-U;
- second — Snapping head and the third stage to the "package" of the first and second stages of the rocket.
Also today at the Baikonur Cosmodrome will be a meeting of the State Commission, which will consider the results of tests of the spacecraft and launch vehicle at the processing facility, and a decision on the removal of ILV "Soyuz-U" with THC "Progress M-18M" to the launch pad site Baikonur 1.
Launch of a space rocket "Soyuz-U" transport cargo ship "Progress M-18M" is scheduled to perform on February 11, according to the website, "Roskosmos". The ship should be delivered to the ISS more than two and a half tons of cargo:
- fuel for maintaining orbital station
- equipment for its operation,
- water and air for astronauts
- styling with scientific experiments.