Often we hear the phrase "Everything should be done in time!". And to visit the dentist applies in the first place. Bad tooth can not be cured by rinsing with soda, using Analgini wonderful pasta for samoplombirovaniya teeth. As ineffective and harmful various dental drops, hot water bottles and more. Sooner or later you will "swell". Believe me, it is better not to bring it up.
Purulent inflammatory diseases
The term "flux" — German origin, it means "stream flow". Now you will not hear it from any
Most often the culprit periodontitis is affected by caries tooth. However, it is possible that the whole thing in mechanical trauma (injury), or inflammation of the gingival pocket — the space between the tooth and gum. In any case, the occurrence of flux involved infection, which causes the development of purulent process.
As mentioned above, most often the cause of odontogenic periostitis is in the sore tooth. From the apex of the tooth pus is doing itself a channel in the bone tissue, trying to get out, and breaks through the bone, stopping under the periosteum of the upper or lower jaw (in Latin — periostum). It is hence the name periostitis.
About periodontitis when they say:
- tooth pain is permanent,
- pain increases with pressure on the teeth, chewing or when you try to knock a tooth
object (fork, for example), some
- tooth is badly damaged,
- earlier this tooth treated for pulpitis.
If symptoms listed above are accompanied by tissue edema surrounding tooth, swelling of the cheek teeth of the patient — this is periostitis. Particularly severe cases of periodontitis may be accompanied by fever.
If you took such trouble, immediately run to the
Abscess — this is a limited collection of pus in the tissues. At its core, this is also an abscess abscess, but limited to the periosteum. Abscesses also opened and drained, but drainage (rubber band) kept longer.
Cellulitis — diffuse purulent inflammation. Pus is unrestricted and can penetrate to different departments of the face between the muscles in the neck and move even descend into the mediastinum — a part of the chest cavity, which is located in the heart, trachea and esophagus.
This disease is very dangerous and can cause death. Agree, it's silly to die
How to do no harm?
- In no case do not warming compresses, this procedure contributes to the spread of the process.
- Do not do himself any bandages. Repeatedly publicized in a variety of drawings and cartoons "disease" with a bandaged cheek with a handkerchief — a very bad example. The bandage is not a remedy.
- Do not drink antibiotics without first talking to your doctor. Antibiotics drink in a certain pattern, otherwise they are completely ineffective. Microbes are adapted to the drug and the antibiotic becomes useless in the future, passing you injure the liver and kidneys.
- Do not take pain medications in less than 3 hours before the visit to the doctor. Otherwise you elude diagnosis.
- If you have made the cut, do not drink the aspirin. Aspirin can cause bleeding. Especially as an anesthetic in this case, it is unsuitable.
- If, despite the cut, within 12 hours you do not feel better, talk to your doctor again.
- Do not take any medicine or cancel them at their discretion.
- You should not listen to your friends, even if they have (in their stories) had the same problem.
Do not expect instant disappearance of edema and infiltration, edema may even increase slightly. However, on day 3 you should go sharply on the mend. Infiltration — a site seal of soft tissue in the affected area — can be stored for a long time.
Within a few hours of opening the abscess, or periodontitis, arching pain in the region of the focus should subside and temperatures begin to drop. According to the cut line may be a small nuisance, but severe pain should not be.
In the incision is usually inserted rubber band — drainage, which will not allow the wound to close early. It is not necessary to pull it, or try to fix podpihivat. If drainage is dropped — see your doctor as quickly as possible.
I would like to emphasize that the discrepancy between the charges of doctors, is that they "have brought the infection" when a tooth is removed, do not have a rational is not the slightest ground. Suffice it to recall how many different types of bacteria normally live in the mouth person to understand the absurdity of such statements. Yes, possibly after extraction of a tooth treatment or have any aggravation developed, but typically this occurs, despite the removal or treatment of the tooth.
Dmitry B. Konev