Ominous plazmozavry Antarctica

December 14, 2011 17:40

American polar explorer Robert Peary first reached the North Pole, but with the South he was lucky: he was ahead of Norwegian Ronald Amundsen. Peary discovered cherished point pennant contender left just a week before. Back, he decided to come back, do not go the route of the Amundsen — went through the region of the magnetic pole, and died …

Half a century later, a Soviet expedition, who founded the station in Antarctica, "peace", sent a team of six researchers into the continent in order to reach the South Magnetic Pole, only two returned. Officially, the cause of the tragedy was a cruel storm, severe frosts and engine failure in all-terrain vehicle.

Another group of researchers went to the South magnetic pole, has become an American — from station "Midway." It was in 1962. Americans have taken into account the sad experience of Soviet counterparts — have the most sophisticated equipment, the expedition of 17 people participated in the three all-terrain vehicles, with maintained constant radio contact.

In this expedition, no one died. But returned to the people in the same car, on the verge of insanity. All immediately evacuated to the country, but that happened in the campaign, known up to now very little:

several newspaper notes, more sensational than informative, and two articles in scientific journals. Since then, the South magnetic pole expeditions were undertaken.

One of the participants of the Soviet expedition to the South magnetic pole, Yuri Efremovich Korshunov, who until recently lived in St. Petersburg. One reporter was able to "talk" to him about the incident in the long-standing campaign. The reporter wrote a story polar explorer, but to publish it and failed. Korshunov meanwhile died.

And recently, the story of Yuri Efremoch abounding incredibly detailed, appeared in the American press. Give it translated to English.

— Was the polar day — told Korshunov — and most of the time our journey was fine weather. Thermometer of minus 30 ° C, there was no wind — for Antarctica is a rarity. We have gone the route for three weeks, without losing a minute to repair the machine. Voobshem, everything was going so well.

First trouble was when we broke camp in the main point was adequate for all our measurements, the South magnetic pole, were all exhausted, so went to bed early, but could not sleep. Feeling a vague anxiety, I got up, walked out of the tent and metpax three hundred of our rover saw a ball of light! He jumped up like a football, it was only the size of a hundred times more. I shouted, and all ran outside. The ball stopped bouncing and slowly rolled to us, on the move and changing the shape of turning into some kind of sausage. And changed color — darker and in front of the "sausage" began appearing scary face without eyes, but with a hole, like a fall. Snow under the "sausage" hissed like she was hot. Its mouth was moving, and I, by God, it seemed that the "sausage" says something, the expedition photographer Alex Gorodetsky went ahead with his camera, while senior Andrew Skobelev group shouted that he did not dare to approach the "sausage", and more better to even stand still! But Sasha kept going, snapping the shutter. And this thing … It instantly changed shape again — stretched a narrow strip, and Sasha came around a glowing halo around his head like a saint. I remember how he screamed and dropped the unit …

At this point, two shots rang out — shot Skobelev and standing on my right our doctor Roma Scrubs .. It seemed to me that the shot is not explosive bullets and bombs — this was sound. Luminescent tape swelled in all directions and sprayed sparks some short lightning, and Sasha was covered like opium St. Elmo …

I rushed to Sasha. He was lying face down and … was dead! Neck, hands, and as it turned out, the whole back like a charred, polar special suit in tatters.

We tried to contact the radio station to our "peace", but it did not work, the air creates something unimaginable — a continuous whistle and roar. I'd never had to meet a wild magnetic storm! It lasted all of three days we spent at the pole.

The camera was melted, as if from a direct lightning strike. Snow and ice — where the "crawled" tape — evaporated, forming a groove depth of two feet and a width of two meters.

We buried Sasha on the pole.

Two days were lost bush and Borisov, then — Andrew Skobelev. The same thing happened … We have worked out, the mood was subdued, the snow hill on Sasha's grave and stood in front of his eyes,

First came one ball — right on Sasha's Hill, and a minute later, two more, this time we've all seen: balls appeared as if compacted from the air, at a height of about a hundred meters, and only then slowly lowered, poviseli the ground and began to move for some complex trajectories, approaching us. Andrew Skobelev shot, but I measured the electromagnetic and spectral characteristics — instruments pre-installed about a hundred meters from the car. Shrubs and Borisov stood with rifles at the ready. They began firing as soon it seemed that the balls are drawn, turning into "sausage."

When we recovered from the shock, the ball was gone, and the air smelled of ozone — though after a heavy storm. A bush with Borisov lay in the snow. We immediately rushed to him, I think, you can still make a difference. Then he noticed the Skobelev, he pressed his hands to the eyes, the camera was on the ice five meters, he was alive, but did not remember anything and did not see anything.

It … and now it's scary to remember .. baby. Go, sorry for themselves. Did not want to chew — only drinking, splashing liquid around. Perhaps it had to be fed from the nipples, but, you know, nipple we did not have, and Borisov Kustova we could not even bury — forces not. Wanted one thing — to get away quickly. A Skobelev always whined and drooled … On the way he died. The "peaceful" doctors diagnosed his heart failure and signs of frostbite, but not very much — at least not fatal. In the end we decided to tell the truth — too weighed on what has happened, to my surprise, we believe. But because there was no conclusive evidence. Poison a new expedition to the pole there was no way — did not allow the research program, nor the lack of necessary equipment.

As I understand it, the same as us, happened in 1962 with the Americans, now you know why no one else there does not want? Someday, maybe there will again. But I do not think it will happen soon — too reliable protection is required. Such an idea is worth millions of dollars. Even the Americans are unlikely so rich — because they are now known to fold their Antarctic stations. The main interest today — the so-called ozone hole. If not for the need to monitor her, hardly there at all would now people

One of the hypotheses that claim to explain what happened to the people in Antarctica, was made in 1966 by American physicist J. Roy Christopher. According to him, in the Earth's radiation belts inhabit some similarity electric "living beings" — plasmoids. Natural for these "creatures" form — the ball. "Plazmozavry" (a term coined as Christopher R.) live within the radiation belt, mostly at an altitude of 400-800 kilometers. That is why they are extremely difficult to study, because the space station fly much lower. To the surface of the Earth plazmozavry can approach only in the area of the magnetic poles,

According to Korshunova, a form of life in Earth's radiation belts could arise much earlier than organic life on the planet's surface. This was sufficient for the development of the most sophisticated forms of "living" creatures, they are too sparse, so they can be seen. Nearer to the surface of the Earth, plazmozavry fall into a very dense medium. And they themselves are made tight so that they become visible.

Alexander Dremin

Like this post? Please share to your friends: