Cervical Pathology is often asymptomatic, but in the meantime they increase the risk of cancer. But now the problems in this area can be resolved quickly, efficiently and painlessly. After photodynamic therapy remains flexible neck, which is especially important for women who are about to give birth.
Laser photodynamic therapy (PDT)— This is a gentle non-contact and painless method of treatment of the cervix of the uterus, which is carried out without anesthesia. Photodynamic therapy does not cause complications after it are left with scars and stitches. For a complete cure only one session. The procedure on an outpatient basis.
Photodynamic therapy is used to treat diseases of the background and precancerous lesions of the cervix:
- endometriosis (proliferation of the epithelium of the inner wall of the uterus);
- cervicitis (inflammation);
- ectopia (erosion);
- ectropion (protrusion of the mucous membrane of the cervical canal into the lumen of the vagina);
- leukoplakia (coarsening of mucosa);
- various cervical tumors.
This innovative method allows effective to get rid of diseases at an early stage, without surgical intervention, warning, thus the development of malignancies.
Photodynamic therapy is based on the use of low energy laser beam of a certain wavelength. The pain threshold is not reached, so the patient does not feel discomfort.
Gel-photosensitizer, applied to the affected area, absorbs the laser light and the "triggers" the chain of chemical reactions. Having received the "pulse" of laser gel photosensitizer "transfers" of its oxygen in the cells. Oxygen enters the active state and destroys abnormal cells.
Healthy cells with no exposure as the photosensitizer "marks" only the diseased cells. The affected cervical tissue eventually replaced by healthy tissue.
The main advantages of PDT
- minimal impact on the local fabric;
- lack of systemic effects on the body (the procedure is performed without anesthesia);
- lack of postoperative sutures;
- maintaining the anatomy of the cervix and its functions;
- the possibility of out-patient treatment in a single session;
- safely, efficiently, quickly.
Photodynamic therapy in the ON CLINIC
The procedure is performed by setting the laser photodynamic therapy "Biospec" generating a laser beam of a certain wavelength. As a photosensitizer, gynecologists ON CLINIC used gel "Photoditazine" produced from a blue-green alga Spirulina (Spirulina). It is rapidly excreted from the body (98-99% in two days), and virtually no side action.
Department of Gynecology ON CLINIC is equipped with the latest equipment, allowing to perform a painless non-contact treatment of cervical disease, in particular, photodynamic therapy.