1. The Moon is the monument to fallen astronauts. This is a small aluminum figure astronaut in a spacesuit height about 8 cm near the figure established plaque with the names of people who gave their lives for space exploration
2. The first living creatures that flew around the moon in a spaceship, was the Central Asian tortoise. Company they were flies, beetles, plants, algae, seeds and bacteria.
3. On the surface of the moon there is a large temperature difference: from -100 ° C to +160 ° C. On Earth, the maximum temperature difference — from -49 to +7 degrees. In this case, such a difference in the world is not the norm, he recorded only once, in 1916, in the State of Montana in the United States.
4. The landscape of the moon can be seen in normal home telescope. For example, the home telescopes Levenhuk Strike clearly visible sea and lunar craters.
5. Even during the day over the moon — the black night sky, because our satellite does not have its atmosphere. Also, the moon is visible day and night land. The position of the world's disk does not change.
6. The force of gravity on the moon is 6 times less than on Earth. Therefore, the moon crednestatistichesky man could lift a load equal to the severity of his own weight.
7. To fly to the moon on a plane, take about 20 days. The car would have to go longer — about six months, if you move without stopping at a cruising speed of 90-100 kilometers per hour.
8. From the Earth to the diameter of the Moon and the Sun appear the same. Thanks to this remarkable coincidence humans can observe the solar eclipse
9. The satellite of the Earth has its Alps, the Apennines, the Pyrenees, the Carpathians, the Caucasus mountains. Mountains, located on the near side of the moon, clearly visible in amateur telescopes, for example, Levenhuk Strike 80 NG.
10. In 2010, NASA's proposed lunar project "Avatar." Idea is that the robots are sent to the moon, and scientists, wearing special suits, run them from the earth. If you implement the project, the moon can not send people, and to conduct all research with native surface of the planet.
Category: Astronomy and Space