Today, hardly anyone need to explain what is stress. We know that stress can cause a deep dissatisfaction with life and the many health problems. We know that in order to avoid stress, you need to learn to relax. However, we are lacking practical knowledge in this field.
By definition, stress (from the English word stress — strain) — a condition that occurs under the influence of any strong impact and is accompanied by a "general mobilization" defenses. Hans Selye — the ideologist of the concept of stress — suggested that not all stress is bad. It is an integral part of life, and it can not be avoided. However, it is important to maintain an optimal level of stress for yourself that allows you to operate most efficiently. And this is very difficult in our frenetic world. Not all people can not find a reasonable balance between stress and relaxation. So practical advice on how to avoid the damaging effects of stress are likely many will seem relevant and timely.
Flight from inactivity
Sedentary work leads to numbness of the muscles and the emergence of resistant strains. It is therefore necessary every hour to make a 5 to 7 minute break, during which you can walk down the hall or to make a simple set of exercises on the job. All exercises are performed very slowly, paying attention to the stretching of the muscles. Enjoy the slow sipping.
1. Slowly turn your head to the right and to the left. Do the exercise 5 times in each direction.
2. Maximum lower chin to your chest and then slowly tilt the head back. Do the exercise 5 times up and down.
3. Pull your shoulders to your ears, lock them in this position for 1-2 seconds and then relaxed throw down. Repeat 10 times.
4. Rotate the brush radiocarpal joints inside and outside. 5 times in each direction.
5. Clasping his hands in the lock, pull the arms out straight. Palms facing outward. Good stretch the upper back. Repeat two times.
6. Sitting on a chair, clasp your hands behind your back to the castle at the back of the chair and gently lift them up. Feel the stretch and opens the chest. Do exercise 2 times.
7. In the sitting position, stretch your arms up and stretch your arms over his body. Perform 2 times.
8. Sitting on a chair, twist from the waist to the right and to the left in a vertical plane, helping himself with his hands (you can grab the back and pull yourself a little extra). Repeat two times in each direction.
9. Stand up, lean forward, stretch your hands to the feet, but do not strain with the neck and shoulders. His head hangs down freely. Wait for a few seconds. Feel the tension back of the legs and lower back.
10. In the sitting position, slowly rotate the feet inward and outward. 5 times in each direction.
You can perform other arbitrary sipping. Normally the body itself dictates what part needs to be relaxing, so do these movements, what you want at the moment.
And finally, do the exercise for relaxation eyes. Sitting on a chair, put your elbows on the table, turn the palms facing you. Cover your eyes with their hands, so that the base of the palms lay exactly on the eye socket. Eyes closed under the palms. Try to relax well in this position. To originated over deep relaxation eyes, additionally represents black. But the effort should not cause stress! Stay in this position for 1 minute.
Behind the wheel with comfort
Today, driving a car — one of the most stressful situations. Failure to comply with traffic rules, traffic jams, levels of air pollution, tense posture — that's just a partial list of factors that can lead to stress. Not surprisingly, those whose work involves constant travel, the evening feel completely overwhelmed.
By performing the following exercises, you will reduce stress and calm down. This complex is also good for those who are in a long journey.
1. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, arms at sides. Take a few slow bend to the right and to the left, still holding hands, perpendicular to the body (airplane).
2. In a standing position, bend your leg at the knee and pull it to your chest, helping hands. Wait for a few seconds, hold the balance. Do the same with the other leg. Repeat several times, alternating legs.
3. Bend your leg at the knee and back, helping hand, try to touch the heel of the buttocks. Do the exercise with the other leg. Repeat several times, alternating legs.
4. Starting position — standing, hands on his belt. As you inhale a little cave in back. On the exhale, take a slow deep forward bend. Return to the starting position. Repeat several times.
5. Starting position — standing, hands behind the back. Inhale, then exhale cave in back, resting his hands on the lower back. As you inhale, return to starting position. Repeat once more. Do not do this exercise if you have back problems!
6. Starting position — standing, feet shoulder width apart. As you inhale, lift your hands over your head straight, pull your spine. On the exhale, slowly bend forward and grab onto the crossbar hands (this may be a cabinet or hood of a car — any horizontal line, located at mid-chest). Feel the stretch the spine. Breathing freely. Wait 1 minute so. Then, inhale, return to starting position.
Have you ever noticed how emotions affect the breathing pattern? In a stressful situation, breathing becomes rapid, superficial. When we are depressed, then sighed heavily, and hold the breath in anger. But there is an inverse relationship: when we start to control the breath, we become masters of their emotions. Deep, full breathing helps the most complete relaxation, relieve muscle and mental stress. Having mastered the breathing exercises, you will be able to use it in any situation. But to begin with breathing exercises to perform better in a calm, quiet environment: after work or before going to bed.
Make sure that you are never disturbed. Turn off the phone. Remove glasses, contact lenses, contracting, uncomfortable clothes. Breathing exercises are best to begin to develop in the supine position, and then you can perform in a sitting position with a straight spine.
Lie on your back on the floor. You should be comfortable and warm (you can hide a light blanket). Close your eyes. Mentally walk along the whole body and relax all the muscle tension. Pay special attention to your facial muscles — are most likely to occur tension.
Put your hands on the lower abdomen, below the navel. Start slowly breathe underbelly, inflating the abdomen on inhalation, exhalation allowing it to fall off (the bottom of breath). Breathing should be deep, but unstressed, naturally. Make several of these breaths.
Then move your hands on the edge and begin to breathe slowly this part of the body (an average of breath). On the inhale ribs expand, exhale fall. Make several of these breaths.
Now try to breathe the upper part of the lungs (upper breathing). Typically, this method of breathing is most familiar to us, because most of the modern people breathe in this way. With this breathing are sitting idle and lower average volume of the body, so the amount of oxygen supplied is much less than if we used a full breath. So, put your hands on his chest. On the inhale chest expands, exhale slowly collapses. Make several of these breaths.
Now combine the lower, middle and upper breathing. On the inhale of breath wave passes from the bottom up, successively expanding the abdomen, ribs and chest. On expiration the same sequence is lowered abdomen and thorax edges. Do 10 of these cycles. After the breathing exercises soak a few minutes quietly, trying not to get involved in meditation.
Initially the breathing exercises may cause some inconvenience, because we connect to breath the areas that usually do not work. But after a little practice, you'll be able to do the exercise smoothly without jerking. Remember that the most important thing during the exercise — to keep relaxed and natural breathing, while increasing its depth. If you feel any discomfort, stop for a short while, once again, check that whether the body is relaxed, and then continue.
After following these simple sets of exercises very soon you will find that spending a lot of energy is wasted. Rejecting the rush, you will learn how to select only those things that bring you joy, promote spiritual comfort. You'll get real satisfaction from done.
On the face of impossible 19.2004