Blitz review of events and those in Belarus, a world history.
- At times, rain and thunderstorms. Happy 28 — 34 ° C.
Do not pass:
- Day of Belarusian Solidarity with political prisoners and families of the missing.
- Belarusian State University begins the introductory campaign (runs until August 6).
THERE WHERE HAVE NO:
- In Alma-Ata will begin meeting of the Foreign Ministers of OSCE participating States. The meeting will be attended by the head of the Belarusian Foreign Minister Sergei Martynov.
- In the UN Security Council held an open meeting on conflict prevention and resolution of disputes.
- Serbian President Boris Tadic will visit Bulgaria.
- This will open the first Odessa International Film Festival.
- In Nyon, Switzerland, the draw will be held the third qualifying round of the Champions League football and the Europa League.
There is a reason:
- Accountant's Day in Ukraine.
ALSO THIS DAY:
- In 1054, Pope Leo THEIR anathemas imposed on the Patriarch of Constantinople Michael. July 16, 1054 is the day of the beginning of the general division of the Christian church in the Catholic and Orthodox.
- July 16, 1872, was born Roald Amundsen, the famous Norwegian polar explorer, explorer and discoverer.
- As for the famous Belarusians, they did not come on July 16th at the world, and left him. This is a Belarusian poet and Ming cultural hero of his time Janka Lucina, who did not live up to three years of XX century. It Belarusian architect Ivan Zheltovskaya, a native of Pinsk, who was making plans for the reconstruction of large cities such as Moscow, Russia and Belarus Gomel. Do not become Zhavtovskaga July 16, 1959. This historian Nicholas Orehvo, who wrote a book about Western Belarus under Polish rule in the interwar period. Orehvo passed away July 16, 1990.
A year ago on the site of "Freedom", "Do not forget Europe! Letter to U.S. President"
Quote to remember:
"The strength of will — the first and most important quality of a skilled researcher. Just being able to control his will, he can hope to overcome the difficulties that nature puts on its way. Abachlivasts and care are equally important: abachlivasts — to spot problems, be careful — to prepare as thoroughly as possible to meet them ". — Roald Amundsen