New law for foreigners

"From July 21 in Belarus comes into force a new law" On the Legal Status of Foreign Citizens and Stateless Persons ", which would increase the length of stay of foreigners in the country without registration from 3 to 5 working days" — Interfax news agency reported at the police station of Minsk.

The new law will save the previous short-term stay of a foreigner within 90 days. Also introduces the concept of a calendar year — "it means that a foreigner can stay on the territory of Belarus and obtain a temporary or permanent residence permit within 90 days from January 1 to December 31 of this year."

"A foreigner simply declare their place of residence and the authorized body of his place of residence on the record. But for those who visit Belarus for tourism and that have a few places to stay — traveling (…) establishes a procedure for registration in the first place of residence ", — told the police.

A temporary residence permit is issued to foreigners if they are spouses, close family members of citizens of Belarus.

"Under the new law, a permanent residence permit the foreigner shall be granted if there are documents or information confirming that the marriage with a citizen of Belarus or foreigners residing in the country, signed an alien solely in order to obtain a permanent residence permit", — the police Minsk.


In the neighboring countries of Belarus foreigners do not have to register for a short stay in Lithuania and Latvia. But if a foreigner wants to stay in these countries longer than 90 days, must be registered (in Lithuania — in the local government council: in Latvia — at the office of the Citizenship and Migration).

A foreigner who comes to Ukraine for a period shorter than 90 days, recorded at the border when entering the estimated time and the address of the residence in the so-called registration card. The alien must have this card with you during your stay in Ukraine and return it to the border authorities at checkout.

In Poland foreigners are required to register their short life (up to 90 days) in the council of the local government (municipality or city council) corresponding to the place of residence, within four working days from the moment of crossing the Polish border.

In Russia Foreigners must register its short life, within three working days from the moment of crossing the Russian border, where they receive for the sake of this posting so-called migration card.

Like this post? Please share to your friends: