Psychologists, pediatricians, and parents themselves lately are increasingly vocal about the benefits of co-sleeping with the baby.
The necessity of so-called style rapprochement between the child and the parents said American pediatricians William and Martha Serz first time. And this style assumes that the baby is sleeping with their parents. While baby quite small, so really convenient. Mom did not have to get up to feed him at night. It does, at times almost without waking up, and the baby does not suffer from loneliness, feeling close to a mother's warmth, her scent.
Psychologists see in a joint dream so important for baby permanent bodily and emotional contact with his mother. In fact, in the infancy is bodily contact is the main form of understanding the world. The kid is vital to always feel the warmth of my mother's, hear the familiar sound of her heart, to feel her smell. It's kind of a spiritual umbilical cord, which still connects the mother and the baby.
Dark space causes discomfort not only among children but also adults (remember, as you can by going into a dark room, take the time to grope hand switch). When the baby wakes up at night, it is difficult to immediately orient in space. Dark, scary, lonely! This is especially true for children hyperexcitable. For them, my mother's constant presence is absolutely necessary.
Yes, and parental experience suggests that joint sleep is convenient for mom and for the baby. If he cry, my mother immediately, almost without waking up, calms him, stroking, cuddle, instead of running all night between the crib and his own bed. The result — my mother get better rest, she has more energy and well established lactation.
Parents often worry that they could crush a child during sleep. To co-sleeping was really safe, listen to the advice of William Serza, a pediatrician with 20 years of experience and the father of 8 children's.
- The kid must be between the mother and the rim bed (a ledge you can make or buy). You can move up the bed against a wall and put the child near the wall next to his mother, and not the parents. It is believed that the mother is very well feel the presence of the crumbs in the bed, it's in their subconscious. But the Pope is not as sensitive to the baby.
- Do not take the baby to bed, if you are under the influence of alcohol, tranquilizers or any other means, which lowers your sensitivity to the presence of the baby.
- Avoid excessive heat. This can happen if the first child was dressed warmly and put him in the crib, and then moved to her parents that produce more heat.
- Do not put the baby on a soft feather bed or pillow, it can be buried too deep in her head.
- It is better when more space and fewer people. Too small or common to a number of children bed — It is not safe for the baby.
- Take care that the kid has not rolled out of bed (although this is unlikely if he's sleeping next to his mother: in a dream pipsqueak like is attracted to the warmth of my mother's.) However, if baby remains in bed one, use any delimiter — a special "fence", sofa cushion, a chair that was set back to the bed, etc.
Do all appropriate co-sleeping?
However, some children and parents co-sleeping is not suitable.
If mom very disturbing and embarrassing afraid to turn around and accidentally crush a child, in this case it is better to sleep separately. In the end, my mother's calm and good humor are expensive.
It happens that the kid is not very suitable co-sleeping: the parent bed, he can not rest, sleep poorly. This happens most often when a long time, he slept alone. Suddenly hitting a strange and unfamiliar to him the situation, he will feel discomfort. Both mum and baby in this case, may wake up more often than apart.
Another argument against co-sleeping — marital sex. By two years it is desirable that the child is not present at the sexual relationship of parents, even if it seems that he is fast asleep. Accidentally seen the sexual act is often perceived as a toddler aggression, leave a lasting fear in his heart.
According materilov magazine "Aistenok"