"The Heritage Foundation", one of the leading research and educational centers in the United States, warned U.S. President Barack Obama, that he was in no hurry to ratification of the treaty on the mutual reduction of nuclear arsenals in Russia, which Obama and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev signed in April this year.
"The Heritage Foundation" believes that Russia is not a reliable partner in international relations and that the ratification of this treaty by the U.S. Senate does not make sense. "The Heritage Foundation" gives 10 reasons for which Washington should not trust Moscow.
- The first In the past, Russia has repeatedly violated the former Treaty on the Limitation of Strategic Offensive Arms (START), which has been operating in 1991-2009 yy
- The second Russian to continue considering the U.S. and NATO as the main opponent of the military in the world. The recent exposure of the Russian spy network in the United States suggests that Russia has maintained its mentality of the "cold war."
- Third According to U.S. intelligence, Russia violated international agreements on non-proliferation of weapons, transferring technology related to ballistic missiles, Iran and North Korea.
- Fourth, Russia continues to design, develop and manufacture nuclear weapons. Russia's new military doctrine defines a low threshold for nuclear first strike. Moscow could use tactical nuclear weapons in Europe in conventional and nuclear conflict. In 2009in Russia conducted military exercises that simulated a nuclear attack on Poland.
- Fifth Russia does not fulfill the Biological Weapons Convention and the Chemical Weapons Convention.
- Sixth Russia has repeatedly broken its promises to withdraw troops from Moldova and Georgia. Attacking Georgia 2009have, in fact Russia refused to Helsinki Act of 1975, which guarantees the immutability of borders in Europe after the Second World War.
- Seventh Russia threatened to deploy missiles "Iskander" on the borders of the U.S. allies in response to the U.S. plan facilities in Eastern Europe, the protection system against missile attacks from Iran.
- Eighth Russia develops links with terrorist organizations Hamas and "Hezbala" and gives the military and diplomatic support for such anti-American sentiment in countries such as Syria, Iran and Venesuela.
- Ninth Kremlin uses its neighbors and the dependence of European countries on Russian gas as an element of political pressure.
- Tenth In Russia, Vladimir Putin and Dmitry Medvedev by the authoritarian regime, and over time authoritarian tendencies in the country is deepening.