The fight against subversive groups simulated enemy army aviation pilots have worked in the Leningrad region. Crews E-24 and E-8 acted as a singly or in groups — up to 10 pairs of helicopters at once. Apart from firing rockets, pilots trained to mine certain areas of land directly from the air. During the maneuvers, which according to legend, were the criteria of border conflict, you had to kill a few hundred targets at a distance of 500 m to 5 km from various heights.
In just a training exercise on the range Kingissepp yelled produced more than five hundred of guided and unguided missiles. Terminating phase of the maneuvers was landing troops with helicopters E-8.
Press Service of the cooling zone.
8. Helicopters came to the target groups. I calculated about 30 cars. Within minutes of the target field was plowed and sown with mines.
11. "Dragon's Teeth" fly to the target.
12. Antipersonnel mine PFM-1. Now this mine live at my house on the desktop
13. Based at the airfield.
17. Jammer E-8PPA.
19. Departure for another job.
30. Teaching come to an end. The dispersal.
33. The road home.