Start preparing for breastfeeding should begin even before birth. First of all, pregnant women are recommended to massage the skin nipple hard cloth (wear a bra of coarse cloth) — this will help prevent scratches and cracks nipple in the first weeks of feeding. Remember, however, that such exercises should be stopped in the last 2 months of pregnancy, as nipple stimulation during this period can cause premature birth.
Women with flat or inverted nipples may require special adaptations — proof-shaped nipple to facilitate the process of breastfeeding.
After delivery, the mother's breast to appear colostrum. This is a very high-calorie and nutritious product that is useful for the baby. Therefore, immediately begin to feed. The first attachment of the child to the breast is preferably carried out immediately after delivery.
Milk usually appears on
The best way to take the stress off the breast — feed the baby. Begin feeding with the breast, which is more stressed. If baby sleeping, and chest severely strained and painful (in the first weeks after the onset of milk) can pump a little bit. In no case did not express her to the last drop — in this case, the milk will be produced too much, and problems with breastfeeding longer be delayed.
As in the first weeks of breastfeeding you will almost certainly have to decant, it is advisable to master this technique. Do not hesitate to check with your midwife (or if you are the one who teaches), all you're doing the right thing. Gradually try to cause milk production to the needs of the child. The ideal situation is when a child eats everything and more that there did not need.
Sometimes moms an idea decant the evening a little more milk to the baby fed at night
Prevention of cracked nipples begins immediately after birth. Now available in a variety of creams that reduce nipple soreness — Bepanten,
Before you start feeding is not necessary to wash the nipples with soap and water — it dries out their delicate skin. It is better to wipe squeezed a drop of milk. In the early days of breastfeeding, one feeding should not continue for longer
- When feeding a place next to a glass of water and drink whenever you want.
- Make sure that the child is properly taking chest— It does not have to tuck sponges, much of the areola should be in your mouth (often written that the child should suck all the areola, but the structure of the breast all mothers are different, is the discrepancy in the size of the areola and mouths). Baby's nose can touch the chest, but it should not "drown", as long as it was felt that the baby is breathing freely.
- It is desirable that in the first month of life, the child has not met with a pacifier. When he learns to suckle, it should not be anything confusing. Even the water bottle can bring the baby to think of an easier procuring food. If necessary, let the water with a spoon. Given that infants are generally very little drink, it's not a big job for parents. The fact that the baby pushes a spoon language, it is normal after a while you both learn to cope with it.
- In the first month of life should pay attention to the duration of breastfeeding. Yes, baby sucks the principal amount of milk for
min butif then he stops sucking, then maybe he was just too weak. If a child sucks a short time and with the badly gaining weight, you must help him. Feed him as often as possible. Rouse, for patting the cheek, if he falls asleep at the breast. When sucking becomes sluggish, press down on the breast towards the nipple, as if podtsezhivaya milk into his mouth. Go on, if he was willing to swallow. Such complexities are usually held to 5-7 month. Feed the baby at night is not only possible, but necessary. 2nd
- Substances which can cause diathesis are listed in many publications. But your child will be all alone. Some smoking mothers believe that if they smoked a single cigarette lighter, then the milk did not happen. However, some of the lighter grades of cigarettes can cause diathesis. If you really want to smoke, do not smoke in less than two hours before feeding, and more
cigarettes per day. And better not to smoke. 1-2 it is harmful to the child. Furthermore, smoking products in milk may change its flavor so that baby abandon it. First,
- Almost impossible situation when the baby breast milk overeating. If the family doctor believes that a child has a surplus of weight, do not pay attention. "Extra" weight goes, when a child begins to walk. Children on breastfeeding are often larger than their peers, especially in the age of about 6 months.
- Mode of feeding in the first months (and ideally the entire period of feeding) should be the same as the child wants. Gradually, he may become more rhythmic. However, it is noted that mothers who feed the child at his request, and not by the hour, less of a problem with the milk, and their children — with weight gain.