Cervical laceration occur in 6% of women in labor, and at first birth is 4 times more often than in repeated births.
Gaps can occur for various reasons, in most cases it is a combination of some of them:
- older first-time mothers (first birth after age 30) is reduced elasticity of the tissues;
- other causes of loss of tissue elasticity (scarring, inflammation as a result of diseases and abortions carried over);
- anomalies of labor (broken disclosure process cervix);
- rapid and accelerated labor;
- large size of the head (large fruit, extensor insertion);
- improper provide obstetrical care;
- operative birth — forceps,
vacuum extractionfruit, extracting the fetus pelvic end.
Diagnosis and treatment
For the diagnosis of fractures cervix all mothers regardless of the flow of labor inspection is carried out cervix using mirrors immediately after birth. The only symptom of the gap cervix may be a little bleeding after the birth of the fetus and placenta.
Detected gap cervix immediately sutured — impose certain nodal catgut sutures through its layers of the vaginal wall, starting from the upper corner of the gap towards the outer zevu.
Suturing is necessary to stop the bleeding, prevention of infectious processes. Nezashitye fractures may manifest itself later in a woman's life, leading to