Newborn eyesight is almost 25 times weaker than that of adults, but it is enough to observe native individuals at close range. At three months babies are able to keep track of toys, and to see the six subjects at different distances almost as well as adults.
Unfortunately, healthy eyes and good vision are not always. In Russia, according to the Ministry of Health, more than a million children are suffering from various diseases eye and visual impairment: myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, amblyopia ("lazy eye") and strabismus. Every year the number of such children is growing. Therefore, experts attach great importance to the prevention and early diagnosis of eye conditions.
The first time visit the ophthalmologist must have a newborn. At this age, the doctor can determine the presence of glaucoma, cataracts, congenital nystagmus and strabismus, to assess the state of the retinal vessels. In
Early diagnosis allows us not only to identify the disease, but also to prevent possible bias in development — after a sharp decline in visual acuity limits the process of learning about the world, affects the formation of speech, memory, imagination.
Read the rules
- You can not read while lying down.
- Distance from the eyes to the book or notebook should equal the length of the forearm from the elbow to the end of the fingers.
- During the lessons the workplace child must be well enough lit. The light should fall on the page at the top and left.
- Books for preschool and primary school children should be large print. Children who have poorly developed accommodation and visual load is extremely high, threatening myopia.
- During the reading should take breaks from three to five minutes.
- To relieve the eye muscles is recommended to perform simple exercises for the eyes: blink, eyes closed, rotate the eyeballs, going to the window, relax, look into the distance.
Exercises to relieve eye fatigue
- Hard to screw up their eyes to
3-5seconds, and then open it.
- Quick blinking eyes for
- Put your index finger Hand midline faces away
25-30inches from your eyes, look to transfer to the tip of the finger and look at it 3-5seconds, then lower the arm, continuing to look there too for 5 seconds.
- A look at the finger tip arm, slowly bend your finger and bring it closer to the eyes (for
- Pull your right hand to the side, slowly slide your finger from right to left arm bent and without moving the head, the eyes follow your finger. Repeat the exercise by moving your finger from left to right.
- Put a finger to his nose, looking at him, then remove and put on viewtip nose. Close your eyes and rotating the eyeballs to the right, left, up, down, without turning his head.
- Look into the distance straight ahead
2-3seconds, then move the eye to the tip of the nose to the 3-5sec.
- Produce a circular motion clockwise by hand at a distance
30-35cm from the eye, whilst ensuring a fingertip. Repeat the exercise by moving the hand clockwise.