The child became ill. It is always stressful for parents. Moms tend to alleviate the suffering of the child in every way possible, aided by the universal availability of drugs. This often leads to disastrous consequences.
At high temperatures,:
- Not worth wiping baby vinegar, alcohol or obkladyvat cold water bottles. Alcohol is very well absorbed through the skin and can cause poisoning the child's body.
- Do not let the temperature rise above 38°With a child with a history of febrile convulsions with severe birth trauma, epilepsy, increased intracranial pressure. Before the arrival of the doctor necessarily reduce the temperature using fever-reducing drugs;
- Do not use aspirin in children under 12 years of age, the patient viral infection (influenza, acute respiratory infections, chicken pox, etc.). This can cause the development of Reye's syndrome is extremely dangerous (liver and brain);
Should not "float" the child's feet with a high temperature;
With abdominal pain, diarrhea:
- Do not use pain medication — it can greatly complicate diagnosis. Pain relief medications can hide the display of surgical diseases (appendicitis, acute cholecystitis, and others);
- You can not use a heating pad, because this may enhance inflammation and trigger a sharp deterioration of the child;
- Do not do an enema with hot water, especially at higher temperatures;
- Do not let the child with diarrhea binders (fixing) means — Imodium, Lopedium etc.. If the diarrhea is caused by infection, the disease can be complicated, because instead of the accelerated elimination of toxins from the body, you will provoke their accumulation.
- With infectious diseases that occur with fever, diarrhea, vomiting, suspected surgical disease in no way be apply homeopathic remedies. Such conditions require conventional therapy, the delay in the appointment of traditional medicines can lead to tragic consequences.
When the pain in the ear, otitis:
- Do not make the child a hot compress at a temperature above 38°C (for example, otitis media);
- Do not use boric alcohol for the treatment of otitis media. Although previously it was widely used tool, is now proven that boric alcohol may cause skin burns ear canal, tympanic membrane perforation and even her.
- Do not put off a meeting with your doctor if
in the child's condition is causing your confusion or dangerous symptoms appeared. anything
- Do not let the baby unfamiliar drugs without a doctor's prescription. Only doctor must specify the exact dosage of medication, depending on the age of the child and the reception.