Held every two years, the event is one of the more iconic global aviation events of the world and is considered an important global platform in the field of aerospace equipment and technology.
Airshow is organized by Farnborough International Limited — subsidiary company of English Aerospace Companies (Society of British Aerospace Companies) and shows the possible customers and investors, civilian and military aircraft.
The main theme of Farnborough 2012 — "A world of possibilities." It is expected that the exhibition will perceive the role of nearly 1,500 exhibitors from more than 30 countries.
1. "Red Arrows" and the British strategic bomber Avro "Volcano" at the official opening of the cabin. (Picture: ADRIAN DENNIS / AFP / GettyImages)
2. Avro "Volcano" is landing. (Steve Parsons / PA)
3. South American carrier-based fighter-bomber and ground attack aircraft McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 «Hornet." (Picture: ADRIAN DENNIS / AFP /GettyImages)
4. Demonstration flight tiltrotor MV-22 Osprey, made with Boeing and Bell Helicopter. (Picture: REUTERS /Luke MacGregor)
5. Combat training aircraft Yak-130, developed by the Yakovlev Design Bureau, along with Italy's Aermacchi. (Picture: ADRIAN DENNIS / AFP / GettyImages)
6. Rise multipurpose fighter Eurofighter Typhoon. (Picture: REUTERS /Luke MacGregor)
7. Double-deck four-engined wide-body passenger aircraft turbofan Malaysian Airlines Airbus A380 during a demonstration flight. (Picture: CARL COURT / AFP / GettyImages)
8. The interior of the wide-body twin-engine jet airliner Boeing 787 Dreamliner Qatar Airways. (Picture: Chris Ratcliffe / Bloomberg)
9. Swedish multi-role fighter of the fourth generation of Saab "Gripen", developed by Saab Avionics. (Picture: ADRIAN DENNIS / AFP / GettyImages)
10. Exhibition performance aerobatic team «The Blades». (Picture: REUTERS /Luke MacGregor)
11. VSS Enterprise suborbital shuttle company Virgin Galactic against the performance «The Blades». (Picture: Sang Tan / AP)
12. Aircraft Raytheon T6B enters the gate. (Picture: REUTERS / Luke MacGregor)
13. Falco unmanned aircraft in the Italian pavilion of Finnmeccanica. (Picture: EPA / FACUNDO ARRIZABALAGA)
14. Russian short-haul passenger aircraft Sukhoi Superjet 100, developed by the company "Sukhoi Civil Aircraft". (Picture: REUTERS / Luke MacGregor)
15. Double supersonic combat trainer jet T-50B «Berkut". Designed by South Korean aerospace industry (Korea Aerospace Industries). (Picture: ADRIAN DENNIS / AFP /GettyImages)
16. A test pilot Edward Strongman shows Prime Minister David Cameron's four-engine turboprop military transport aircraft Airbus A400M. (Picture: REUTERS /Luke MacGregor)