Here are just a few of them.
- August 19, 1991 — a group of high-ranking officials of the USSR State Committee formed a state of emergency (Emergency Committee) and made an unsuccessful coup attempt.
- August 14, 1992 — the beginning of the Georgian-Abkhaz war in which both sides have actively participated Russian citizens.
- August 4, 1994 — arrested Sergei Mavrodi, collapsed, "MMM pyramid scheme."
- August 7, 1994 — due to a breakthrough in Bashkiria reservoir killed 29 people.
- August 6, 1996 — the soldiers took the Chechen capital Grozny, killing hundreds of soldiers and civilians.
- August 29, 1996 — Svalbard crashed Russian Tu-154, killing 129 passengers and 12 crew members.
- August 17, 1998 — Russian authorities have announced the default
- August 7, 1999 — Chechen warriors troops invaded Dagestan, the second Chechen war.
- August 8, 2000 — a bomb exploded in the transition to Pushkin Square in Moscow, killing 13 people.
- August 12, 2000 — sank in the Barents Sea nuclear submarine "Kursk" with 118 sailors on board.
- August 27, 2000 — fire at the Ostankino television tower in Moscow.
- August 19, 2001 — blast at the Kirov market in Astrakhan — 8 people were killed and 58 were wounded.
- 8 August 2002 — as a result of floods and smerchu in Novorossiysk killed 59 people.
- August 19 202 — in Chechnya shot down a military helicopter Mi-26, killing 127 soldiers.
- August 1, 2003 — A suicide bomber blew up a military hospital in Mozdok. Killed 50 people.
- 30 August 2003 — in the waters of the Barents Sea while being towed to the disposal sinking of the nuclear submarine K to one hundred fifty-ninth killed 9 people.
- 24 August 2004 — in the Tula and Rostov regions terrorists bombed the Tu-134 and Tu-154, the victims were 90 people.
- August 31, 2004 — a suicide bomber blew himself up near the subway "bar" in Moscow. Ten people were killed.
- 4 August 2005 — in Birch Bay (Kamchatka) was unable to emerge bathyscaphe AS-28 Russian Navy. Seven sailors rescued British and American experts.
- August 21, 2006 — Bomb blast at the Cherkizovsky market in Moscow, killing 13 people.
- August 22, 2006 in Ukraine was in a storm and crashed Russian Tu-154. In a plane crash killed 170 people.
- August 13, 2007 — train wreck "Nevsky Express" by undermining the railway.
- 7 — 12 August 2008 — Russo-Georgian war.
- August 17, 2009 — attacks in Nazran and Nazran district of Ingushetia. 25 people were killed and 138 wounded.
- August 17, 2009 — accident at the Sayano-Shushenskaya HPP. Killed 75 people, he's out of commission.
- August 2010 — Fires across Russia.
With regard to Belarus, that various unfortunate events occurred in her urazdrob: Chernobyl broke out in April (1986), the tragic stampede at the subway station "Nyamiha"In May (1999), Victor Gonchar and Krasovsky stolen in September (1999) the collapse of the course Belarusian ruble occurred in March 1998, and then another, and in August, along with the Russian default, devaluation — January 2009, blast on Republic Day July (2008), attempt to capture children hostages held in the months of July (1996).
The peaks of energy "war" with Russia also fall in different months: the first crisis of the gas shut-off — February 2004, the current — in June, Oil 'war' shut-off — January 2007.
This list is obviously part without includes events that allow different policy evaluation: election of Alexander Lukashenko president for whom grief for someone — a holiday. But the drama and even tragedy of these events is obvious to people regardless of their political beliefs. You can see that they occur in the first part of the year: January — July.
And yet — there is in Belarus a "black" month?