I think that 99% of girls dream of noble knights at a young age by presenting them yourself strong, gallant, noble and beautiful. We'll have them a bit upset, because, for the most part, they looked and behaved so far …
1. Turns out, the Knights were stunted. At the turn of the XIV-XV centuries, the average growth Knight rarely exceed 1.60 m (population then was generally stunted).
2. Unshaven and unwashed face average knight was often disfigured by smallpox, since it in Europe at that time suffered from almost everything.
3. Under the knight's helmet in his matted hair and dirty in the folds of his clothing in a variety of swarming lice and fleas. Baths in medieval Europe, as we know, was not, and the knights were washed no more frequently than three times a year.
4. In the tangled beards of knights often stuck leftovers and god knows what else.
5. As the teeth in those days had not been cleaned, breath smelled strongly of a knight so that, for modern ladies would be a terrible challenge is not only to kiss him, but even to stand side by side. By the way, is often the primary starter knight was garlic, which they used for disinfection.
6. The teeth of the knight by the age of 25 was far from complete. So, most of all, when the conversation he had strongly lisp.
7. During the Battle of the medieval knight was chained for days in armor, which he for all his desire could not be removed without outside help. The procedure for putting on and taking off the armor took about an hour. For this reason, all our need a noble knight celebrating … right in the armor.
8. Medieval records give a lot of evidence that women in the days of knights lived a very difficult life.
In the noble knight's environment was made during the campaigns of rape village virgins, and the more of these "feats" performed knight errant — the more he was respected.
9. By the noble ladies of medieval knights also dated by today's standards, very roughly, is not considering their opinions and wishes.
10. Perceptions of protecting women's honor at the Knights were very specific: each knight felt obliged to discourage a woman from a fellow by the sword.
Opinions ladies, thus, no one would ask, it is automatically getting any one who won the dismantling of chivalry.