Spanish fire service said Monday on the complete elimination of fire in Catalonia, which killed four people and burned more than 13,000 hectares of land, according to Agence France-Presse, citing an official statement of service.
The largest in Spain over the last 26 years the forest fire started in the northeast of Catalonia on July 22, and only last Tuesday experts managed to localize. Since then a specialist to detect the emergence of new fires.
To fight the fire were involved 25 aircraft and helicopters, and hundreds of local and French firefighters and 200 soldiers.
Victims of disasters have four people, one of them, according to the agency, the Spaniard, the other — the citizens of France. According to reports, one of the victims — a teenager.
The danger area had been evacuated more than 1.3 thousand people. According to preliminary estimates the damage caused by fire, could reach tens of millions of euros. The cause of the forest fire was careless use of fire. According to the police, the fire originated from unquenched cigarettes.
Earlier, deputy director for the situational center Roshydromet Varakin Yuri said that the danger of forest fires in Catalonia will continue until the middle of August, and recommended to tourists not to travel to this part of the country.
According Varakina, high fire hazard remains in Italy, Greece, Turkey and Tunisia.